Ozzy

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Seahawks => Bryce Thompson CB Tennesee.

Gonna need to see them arms.

31 7/8 and under

shocked monday night football GIF by ESPN

32 and above

Pete Carroll Nfl GIF by Seattle Seahawks

DJ Reed one of their best DBs arguably clearly does not have 32" arm length.  Hell two of the best DBs they have on the roster, Diggs and Reed are both 5-9.  And they got plenty of length CBs who are nothing special, why get more?  

Thompson in the late 5th round would be a good value and he could have potential as a safety also.  His tackling ability is straight out impressive though I would say.  

Nice job on doing this, it is a lot of work.

26 Cleveland: Kwity Paye Michigan SR DE  - Seem unlikely he will be here when they pick, although it would be nice.  More likely choices based on your board Zaven Collins, Jaelan Phillips, Jaylen Twyman or Jaycee Horn.

59 Cleveland: Seth Williams Auburn JR WR – Not a great pick for the Browns. They should concentrate on the D only and better choices here would be Asante Samuel Jr, Patrick Jones II, Shaun Wade, Andre Cisco, Talanoa Hufanga or Jabril Cox

90 Cleveland: Paris Ford Pitt RS JR S – This is a good pick at this spot.

92 Cleveland (From Saints): Monty Rice Georgia SR ILB he is okay but if Nick Bolton is sitting there (which seems extremely unlikely) he would be the pick. For that matter Chazz Surratt, Pete Werner and Charles Snowden  are all better players than Rice at the LB spot. I don’t think Snowden is a fit for the Browns but is still a better player IMO.

101 Cleveland (from Phi): Greg Newsome II Northwestern JR CB – I like him as a prospect with really good size for a corner.

123 Cleveland: Trey Hill Georgia JR C/OG – Not really a position the Browns need to address in the draft.  Better choices would be Shaka Toney, Eric Stokes or Dylan Moses.

153 Cleveland (from Rams): Tyler Shelvin LSU RS JR NT – I do not think there is any way he is available here but would be a great pick.

187 Cleveland: Shane Buechele SMU RS SR QB – Not a fan of the player. I think depending on how the rest of the draft has played out I think someone like Kelvin Joseph would be a good choice here.

222 Cleveland (From Buffalo): Divine Deablo Virginia Tech RS SR S – I think this would be a really good pick. He is a nice size for the D the Browns play.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pruitt3443 said:

Nice job on doing this, it is a lot of work.

26 Cleveland: Kwity Paye Michigan SR DE  - Seem unlikely he will be here when they pick, although it would be nice.  More likely choices based on your board Zaven Collins, Jaelan Phillips, Jaylen Twyman or Jaycee Horn.

59 Cleveland: Seth Williams Auburn JR WR – Not a great pick for the Browns. They should concentrate on the D only and better choices here would be Asante Samuel Jr, Patrick Jones II, Shaun Wade, Andre Cisco, Talanoa Hufanga or Jabril Cox

90 Cleveland: Paris Ford Pitt RS JR S – This is a good pick at this spot.

92 Cleveland (From Saints): Monty Rice Georgia SR ILB he is okay but if Nick Bolton is sitting there (which seems extremely unlikely) he would be the pick. For that matter Chazz Surratt, Pete Werner and Charles Snowden  are all better players than Rice at the LB spot. I don’t think Snowden is a fit for the Browns but is still a better player IMO.

101 Cleveland (from Phi): Greg Newsome II Northwestern JR CB – I like him as a prospect with really good size for a corner.

123 Cleveland: Trey Hill Georgia JR C/OG – Not really a position the Browns need to address in the draft.  Better choices would be Shaka Toney, Eric Stokes or Dylan Moses.

153 Cleveland (from Rams): Tyler Shelvin LSU RS JR NT – I do not think there is any way he is available here but would be a great pick.

187 Cleveland: Shane Buechele SMU RS SR QB – Not a fan of the player. I think depending on how the rest of the draft has played out I think someone like Kelvin Joseph would be a good choice here.

222 Cleveland (From Buffalo): Divine Deablo Virginia Tech RS SR S – I think this would be a really good pick. He is a nice size for the D the Browns play.

Cleveland is a tough team to do because honestly they are pretty set at RB, almost all OL positions outside of just getting depth.  S could be an issue along with obviously DE if Vernon does not get sign or ILB if Goodson.  CB seems ok if Ward and Williams are healthy, maybe another slot guy and safety they do have Delpit back from injury.  TE they got Hooper, Njoku and Bryant.  

Hill could be a backup guard potentially but yeah that is not a huge issue but would help, the backup OG spot for them is not great.  Unless they think Nic Harris can do it but still nuts they have him and he could start arguably on a few times and he just sits on the bench there.  

Their LB core is an odd group, a lot of guys who are more ILB types but play a variety of positions.  And again if they resign Goodson it is not as big of a need.  Especially since Phillips has potential.  Rice I think is super athletic, Werner I agree is a better player, a few times I had Werner being picked much higher in this mock than moved some things around.  Might have to look at that again but yeah Werner there makes sense. 

Shelvin is not that good of a player honestly, he is decent but not this 2nd round pick type at all I feel.  Buechele is so so sure but they should get a backup I feel, then again maybe that is total BS I guess they have Keenum and Gilbert.  

Still hard because they have so many guys already and not a ton of very obvious needs, and Newsome I have probably too long might need to move him up.  And WR I think they should move on someone because I doubt OBJ is back there.  Seth Williams has great ability and potential but maybe a slot guy would work better there.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The EDGE guy you have going to the Steelers in the 3rd is going back to LSU. 

You are correct now that I look into it, thanks for letting me know!  I did not know Andre Anthony was returning, odd he is going back after such a fine season as a pass rusher but good for him, could work his way up in the draft no question about it especially if he keeps improving as a pass rusher.  

Actually is a great move for him, looking at the senior class of 3/4 OLBs Anthony would be at or near the top no question.  Others being Noah Taylor, Adam Anderson and Ali Gaye his teammate.  Maybe Kayvon Thibodeau as well could be included in that mix and could be the clear #1 guy, but outside of Thibodeau Anthony could be right up there with another good season.  

Edited by Ozzy

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

DJ Reed one of their best DBs arguably clearly does not have 32" arm length.  Hell two of the best DBs they have on the roster, Diggs and Reed are both 5-9.  And they got plenty of length CBs who are nothing special, why get more?  

Thompson in the late 5th round would be a good value and he could have potential as a safety also.  His tackling ability is straight out impressive though I would say.  

Yeah but Seattle didnt draft Reed or Diggs. They have had success with smaller DB's as of late. Jeremy Lane back in 2012, Justin Coleman, and now Ugo Amadi. They just usually bring them in via a trade or waviers.

The thing is Seattle just doesnt draft CB's very often. Here are all the CB's drafted by Seattle since 2010. (Ugo was a safety).

2018 5.146 Tre Flowers (33.8) [Listed as Safety, drafted as a CB]

2017 3.90 Shaq Griffin (32.88)

2015 5.170 Tye Smith (32)

2012 6.172 Jeremy Lane (31)

2011 5.154 Richard Sherman (32)

2011 6.173 Byron Maxwell (33.5)

2010 4.111 Walter Thurmond (32 3/4)

And if they do, they all hit that 32 bench mark, except for Lane. Its just one of those things about Seattle and the draft. 

25 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Phillips >>> Ojulari in the 1st for the Titans. Excellent 2nd round pick. The rest I’m kind of eh on until I see what happens in FA.

Really?  Ojulari has rare bed ability off the edge and great quickness.  Will see how he times out but if he is athletic as he looks on the field he could be a great fit in a 3/4 unless the Titans plan of moving on from the 3/4.  Phillips to me is not a great fit in a 3/4 because he is not athletic enough arguably or quick enough off the edge.  He is more a true 4/3 DE I feel.

Also the dude was a true freshman back in 2017, and his injury history is awful, so much so he medically retired from football in 2018.  While at UCLA he had severe wrist damage as a result of a moped accident, sprains in both ankles and three separate concussions.  Great comeback year for him this season and really used his hands better and showed his potential no question.  

I never knew this but apparently he ventured into the music industry and is part of the reason he went to Miami and was down to 220 in weight when he was not playing in 2019.  Still that type of risk, give me Azeez over him especially in a 3/4 defense if that is what they stick with.    

On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ozzy said:

31 Chiefs: Jaelan Phillips Miami FL SR DE
63 Chiefs: Joseph Ossai Texas JR OLB
95 Chiefs: Quinn Meinerz Wisconsin-Whitewater SR OG/C
127 Chiefs: Brady Breeze Oregon RS SR S
159 Chiefs: Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS JR WR

I'm liking it except for the 4th round. Adetokunbo Ogundeji is exactly the sort of long 'n lean DE that thrives in the Chiefs DL scheme and the Chiefs are losing bodies. Safety is less of an issue now that Juan Thornhill is back up to speed. 

11 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm liking it except for the 4th round. Adetokunbo Ogundeji is exactly the sort of long 'n lean DE that thrives in the Chiefs DL scheme and the Chiefs are losing bodies. Safety is less of an issue now that Juan Thornhill is back up to speed. 

Yeah, could say possible Basham should be picked in the 1st round for them and not Phillips because of his injury history which is pretty big time.  Basham could be a safer pick there.  Also Dickerson I like going to them but if they could steal Meinerz 3rd round that would be idea for them but if he works out well he could go 2nd round maybe.  Breeze I like and even with Thornhill especially if they keep playing 5 DBs.  Also with 5 DBs on the field possibly a guy like Ossai is not a fit but he does provide some pass rush but might be better in a 3/4.  If Wilson is let go and Sorensen there are some big holes not to mention some other guys.

Wilson ILB
Breeland CB
Sorensen S
Wylie OG
Reiter C
Remmers OT
Kpassagnon DE
Watkins WR
Osemele OG
Ward (backup CB)
Okafor (backup DE)
Robinson (backup WR)
Kilgore (backup C)
Darrel Williams (backup RB)
Niemann (backup OLB)
Pringle (backup WR)
Pennel (backup DT)

27th in salary cap space at -$18 mil, and what 9 of those guys were starters for them last year and a few others key backups.  Hell Wylie started a ton for them and only made $570,000, that is freaking nuts and what a bargin.  Was UDFA by another team and they signed him off a practice squad to the roster and started 35 ******* games for them in three years, talk about the steal of a lifetime!

Will be interesting what they do because no way they can bring them all back.  But they seem to draft really well but something might give especially on D with a lot of key guys free agents.  Then again if both OTs come back healthy and the Doctor returns from his honorable duty, and Allegretti at OG, only need then is center but if one of those OTs are out that opens a lot up for potential problems.  

Right now they only have Frank Clark, solid rookie Mike Danna and two deep depth players at DE. If they re-sign Kpassagnon or Okafor it gets less dire. 

Ward is not the backup CB. That's still Sneed, splashy rookie season or not. When they go 5 DB, over half the time, it's usually Ward, Breeland and Sneed, plus two S. With Thornhill late in the season, they spent a lot of time dime coverage. All that said, Sorensen is past 30, so you may have a point with Breeze, who would be the same sort of dime LB/ST ace Sorensen has been.

They have a supplemental 4th, so you can do both. ;)

Good effort on this.   For Buffalo:

KJ Britt in the 1st!?  I just moved him up from the 7th to the 5th in mine.. but in no way is first round prospect.  Good solid college player but not a good athlete and does not project well to coverage roles at the next level.   Our D is predicated on rangy, athletic LBs.   This is a huge reach.

Tyson Campbell -  I do feel he's going to be drafted around here because of his size and speed profile.  His film is not exciting except when he gets those jets going, he can absolutely fly.   The other issue here is that his best skill is man coverage which may be wasted in our system.  I think there are other teams that will prioritize this player more than us.

I like Chauncey Golston .. he still has  upside and can play up and down the line.  We also need youth on the DL, especially at end. No qualms with this pick at all.

I don't think Drake Jackson is the kind of player we look for on the interior. We like the big uglies.  But that doesn't mean it cant happen and we do need bodies for depth and development here.

Really like the Noah Gray pick.  We need a TE who can get open underneath and in the middle of the field.  This is my fave pick of this draft.

Can't give this draft a good grade though .. the first two picks are too underwhelming.  Rest of the draft is solid.

55 minutes ago, mr fluffles said:

KJ Britt in the 1st!?  I just moved him up from the 7th to the 5th in mine.. but in no way is first round prospect.  Good solid college player but not a good athlete and does not project well to coverage roles at the next level.   Our D is predicated on rangy, athletic LBs.   This is a huge reach.

Tyson Campbell -  I do feel he's going to be drafted around here because of his size and speed profile.  His film is not exciting except when he gets those jets going, he can absolutely fly.   The other issue here is that his best skill is man coverage which may be wasted in our system.  I think there are other teams that will prioritize this player more than us.

I like Chauncey Golston .. he still has  upside and can play up and down the line.  We also need youth on the DL, especially at end. No qualms with this pick at all.

I don't think Drake Jackson is the kind of player we look for on the interior. We like the big uglies.  But that doesn't mean it cant happen and we do need bodies for depth and development here.

Really like the Noah Gray pick.  We need a TE who can get open underneath and in the middle of the field.  This is my fave pick of this draft.

Can't give this draft a good grade though .. the first two picks are too underwhelming.  Rest of the draft is solid.

Did you see the Senior Bowl, Britt was the best linebacker in that game and coming off a bad season ending injury, he played great and looked great.  Was voted the best LB at the Senior bowl by his teammates. He was not athletic in that game?  How?  He had 12 and 11 tackles against GA and Kentucky to start the season before he got hurt, kid was playing great.  But yeah maybe I overrated him but 2nd round is not a reach and originally I had him in that 2nd round range and the Bills without Milano assuming they lose him, I think could add some power and speed at LB, will see how he times out but I would be surprised if he does not show he is a fast and quick linebacker with good athletic ability.  On film I feel earlier in his career he was far more explosive and athletic than Bolton who is getting pretty overrated in this process considering the lone line of Missouri ILBs who get overrated and get a ton of tackles.

Originally I had them with Phillips, or possibly Horn if he was there or Wade but not after his poor play of late.  They need CB help assuming Norman is done for, or OLB help assuming Milano is gone.  OL help makes sense also but they are pretty solid there.  Zaven Collins would be the ideal guy and I had him there for awhile before I had Pittsburgh get him.  But Collins is not a speed linebacker that they would need to fill what Milano did.

Maybe they would take Tony Fields later on or Jabril Cox to fill that void.  Or a guy like McDuffie or Simmons later on or Surratt to fill that athletic void potentially.

1 hour ago, mr fluffles said:

...also granting Klein did play well for the Bills so maybe LB is not as big of a need especially if Nsekhe and Williams are gone in free agency or not brought back, that means they need OT right away and Radunz could be a great fit and could possibly play guard if need be.  Ford I think will be a guard for them no way he can play OT.  

Still Britt arguably hits as hard or harder than anyone in the draft.  Sure is a short dude but he is compact and powerful, can clearly get behind the line of scrimmage and make aggressive strong tackles.  He is a powerful dude and super athletic I feel, maybe I overrated him a little but I think he can play and now have him going to Miami early 2nd round and could be great for them as a thumping strong linebacker in the middle who can play with force.  Still feel the Bills could use that as well but with Klein and Edmunds maybe they wait till later, now I have them getting Stevens later in the draft as a possible OLB convert from safety who has athletic ability and range and could help take the place of Milano.  Gray I have going to the 49ers now based on things changing around.