2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21

Ozzy

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Updated finally with a accurate draft order with the accurate comp picks included.  Did go through the free agent moves but sure I missed some of them.  

I think you have done very well with the Patriots picks. I'm not if they all will be available at those spots but I would take this all day.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, Ozzy said:

31 Chiefs: Samuel Cosmi Texas RS JR OT
63 Chiefs: Andre Cisco Syracuse JR S
94 Chiefs: Elerson Smith Northern Iowa SR DE
136 Chiefs: Drake Jackson Kentucky RS SR C
144 Chiefs: Tamorrion Terry Florida State RS JR WR
175 Chiefs: Jahad Woods Washington State RS SR LB
181 Chiefs: Trevon Grimes Florida SR WR

Nice draft. 

• It's almost a shame they take Cosmi first, because Little at #63 makes so much sense. 
  • While they need a S, round #2 might be a bit rich. They also need TE and this draft does not give them one. Also, they have shown interest in Ford, who they can get a round later. 
  • DE is a good play. You could have gone that direction a round or even two rounds earlier. Jayson Oweh, Walker Little, Paris Ford hits the same positions with more impact
  • Drake Jackson is a good pick. they need a true C
  • Terry and Grimes are the right approach. The Chiefs are throwing a lot of darts at the WR position and size is a concern with the FA losses. 
  • Woods is a blank for me. LB is a concern, but so are several areas. I have trouble believing Woods is BPA

On 2/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, Ozzy said:

46 Patriots: Quinn Meinerz Wisconsin-Whitewater SR OG/C

The wizard of OZ. Great draft for the Pats. Nice job  Sorry comment don't match up.

Quinn Meinerz    

Don't believe the SR Bowl hype. They were just drills.  He's a good prospect but this is to high in the draft.   Bigger needs, go with, Elijah Moore, Liam Eichenberg, Terrace Marshall Jr

Demetric Felton

To early for a project. Also he has to block in the passing game , lacks this skill.  Go with Ifeatu Melifonwu , Trey Sermon One of my Favorites. much better prospect.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, Ozzy said:

109 Patriots (from Houston): Demetric Felton UCLA RS SR WR/RB

28 minutes ago, m haynes said:

The wizard of OZ. Great draft for the Pats. Nice job  Sorry comment don't match up.

Quinn Meinerz    

Don't believe the SR Bowl hype. They were just drills.  He's a good prospect but this is to high in the draft.   Bigger needs, go with, Elijah Moore, Liam Eichenberg, Terrace Marshall Jr

Demetric Felton

To early for a project. Also he has to block in the passing game , lacks this skill.  Go with Ifeatu Melifonwu , Trey Sermon One of my Favorites. much better prospect.

Very true, when I did this I forgot to update the fact they resigned Andrews and got Karras back.  Before I thought they would not be able to sign either one of them and since they are both back OG/C is no longer a need and true they could go WR no question but actually might see them going DE/DT a guy like Nixon could fit nicely on the DL for them.  Might have to make that change.  

Felton I think makes a ton of sense, especially if they do not bring back James White and still want a back who can catch out of the backfield and he would be a hell of a slot receiver as well.  

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nixon

Doesn't fit scheme. 2 gap not his strength.

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

James White and still want a back who can catch out of the backfield

I guess we disagree on Felton. He can't pass block. BB will never play him if he can't block. .  I would go with Kylin Hill, skilled pass catcher and is a excellent pass blocker.

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Updated finally with a accurate draft order with the accurate comp picks included.  Did go through the free agent moves but sure I missed some of them.  

You let Detroit keep 88 and gave them 101. They get 101 in the Goff/Stafford trade we keep 88. 

51 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

You let Detroit keep 88 and gave them 101. They get 101 in the Goff/Stafford trade we keep 88. 

https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2021 Football Information/03 19 21 - Round-By-Round Order for 2021 NFL Draft.pdf

This is what I was going off of for the COMP picks, I did not go through all the other picks but that one I changed and guess it was different with that COMP pick in there and the Lions get that instead.  Thanks for the correction, sure there are more with trades in free agency that possibly are not on this one list.  I see the Rams going for a center and or interior DL with losing Brockers and I assume Blythe but maybe not and they should address DL earlier.  CB could be a need also.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2021 Football Information/03 19 21 - Round-By-Round Order for 2021 NFL Draft.pdf

This is what I was going off of for the COMP picks, I did not go through all the other picks but that one I changed and guess it was different with that COMP pick in there and the Lions get that instead.  Thanks for the correction, sure there are more with trades in free agency that possibly are not on this one list.  I see the Rams going for a center and or interior DL with losing Brockers and I assume Blythe but maybe not and they should address DL earlier.  CB could be a need also.  

Brockers wasn't really playing in the middle though Staley moved them around a lot. The middle was mostly Sebastian Joseph-Day and Greg Gains. Brockers was lining up opposite AD in the front 3 with Morgan Fox rotating behind them. An end in the 3-4 might be better than a NT. SJD came on very strong the last couple years and Gaines has looked good as well. I'd list our priorities as C (Guard if we move Corbett in but that's a whole new debate), ILB, Edge, speedy WR, 3rd RB, 3rd TE and CB in no particular order but personally C/G is tops for me. We've met with Meinerz twice. 

55 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Don't see Minny taking a tweener TE/FB with their 3rd pick after Ham doing very well for us and drafting Irv Smith 2 years ago.

Tommy Tremble is the best blocking TE in the draft, and Irv Smith and Conklin cannot block great, if Kyle Rudolph is better at blocking than both of them, that says something.  Tremble would be a good addition, maybe a little high for him but again he is clearly the best blocking TE in the draft, sure is more a flex TE but he can more than handle himself on the line and can make plays athletically as well.  Conklin is done after next year anyway and doubt they resign him, only way they should not draft a blocking TE in this draft is if they really like Brandon Dillon or something.  

Luke Farrell also makes sense but athletically he is not as elite as Tremble and is not as punishing of a blocker either but one of the few other solid blocking TEs.  

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Glad your not the jags gm.   We have absolutely almost nothing at te besides a 6th last year, an udfa last year, a blocker, and a career te 2.  We need a move te before round 6. 

So Tyler Eifert was signed for no reason then?  Ok.  They got rid of Josh Oliver which could end up being a mistake, he might do quite well on Baltimore.  Sure TE is a need but unless Eifert is hurt all year it is not that big of a need.  Also have O'Shaugnessy another season and Manhertz.  But with all those draft picks sure they might pick one a little higher than I have them getting one.  

Will be curious what they do with Chaisson, call him a DE in the 4/3 or call him more of a OLB type who rushes from time to time.  Also that safety spot has to be addrses, not sure Rayshawn Jenkins is the answer long term.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

So Tyler Eifert was signed for no reason then?  Ok.  They got rid of Josh Oliver which could end up being a mistake, he might do quite well on Baltimore.  Sure TE is a need but unless Eifert is hurt all year it is not that big of a need.  Also have O'Shaugnessy another season and Manhertz.  But with all those draft picks sure they might pick one a little higher than I have them getting one.  

Will be curious what they do with Chaisson, call him a DE in the 4/3 or call him more of a OLB type who rushes from time to time.  Also that safety spot has to be addrses, not sure Rayshawn Jenkins is the answer long term.  

Eifert is no longer a jaguar(we declined the club option) Meaning we have no proven pass catcher. 

Jags are moving to a 3-4 based on our DC so we need more of the 3-4 olb types and maybe an ilb for development. 

Safety to me seems settled as starters are concerned unless cullen is wanting to do some 3 safety looks and even then we have 2 guys behind them who look like potential options