Off-season coaching hires:

whodatworm23

Figured I'd open a topic on the coaching vacancies the Saints will be filling over the coming days/weeks.

We start with today... Payton absolutely 💯  knocks it out of the park with the hiring of new secondary coach Kris Richard. Former defensive backs coach of the Legion of Boom in Seattle and Cowboys defensive coordinator.

Other opening... TE's coach and QB's coach.

Assistant head coach and defensive line coach Ryan Nielson has interviewed for Green Bay vacant defensive coordinator position so we'll need to keep an eye on that one as well.

20 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Assistant head coach and defensive line coach Ryan Nielson has interviewed for Green Bay vacant defensive coordinator position so we'll need to keep an eye on that one as well.

Packers have interviewed a bunch of people. Let's hope they roll with the Eagles DL coach over ours.

On 2/2/2021 at 11:32 PM, whodatworm23 said:

Figured I'd open a topic on the coaching vacancies the Saints will be filling over the coming days/weeks.

We start with today... Payton absolutely 💯  knocks it out of the park with the hiring of new secondary coach Kris Richard. Former defensive backs coach of the Legion of Boom in Seattle and Cowboys defensive coordinator.

Other opening... TE's coach and QB's coach.

QBs coach... as I been saying... Drew Brees!!

On 2/6/2021 at 4:44 AM, jcvoodoo said:

QBs coach... as I been saying... Drew Brees!!

I'm thinking we won't see Brees for a while. He's heading to NBC, and won't likely be coaching for a few years, if ever.

It would be fun to see him again, but I just doubt it'll happen. He'll get paid millions by a network, and we all know he's a money chasing guy, just look at all the businesses he's tried his hand in, or is still involved in.

1 hour ago, whodatOL said:

NIelsen will stay right? Heard the Packers hired someone else. Could see him as a replacement for Allen next year if he gets another shot at a head coaching gig.

Yep... Packers went with Joe Barry. Doubted Nielson would get the job as he's always been a 43 guy and Packers personnel is 34. Would have been a bold switch to undertake with a team so close to a title.