2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You got me, in fairness though he does have about average athleticism, which is why he's an average player. But he doesn't have the freak athleticism that Allen, Burns, and Sweat did. 

That’s why Ferrell wasn’t worth a top 5 pick at the time, concerns about his athleticism aren’t new. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The very few good picks we've made we weren't on the board discussing 40 yard dash trackers being off, that he lost weight, etc. Other than Kolton Miller almost every good pick we've made has either been good as a rookie or at least flashed some high level ability. Arnette is a year younger than Jalen Ramsey and we're saying he's not ready to play, like what? When will he be? When he's 30 at the end of his rookie contract?

I am not arguing whether he was a good draft pick.  I think we drafted him a round to early.  What I am arguing is his athletic ability and that he had some circumstances that lead to him going from 195 (combine) to 175 (rookie year) and now he is back to 195.  I think he can be a good CB but I am not going to lay all the blame for a bad rookie season on his talent.  Some DBs take a year to transition.  Nnamdi was not even a full time starter until his 3rd year.  He was a train wreck when he first got to the league.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not arguing whether he was a good draft pick.  I think we drafted him a round to early.  What I am arguing is his athletic ability and that he had some circumstances that lead to him going from 195 (combine) to 175 (rookie year) and now he is back to 195.  I think he can be a good CB but I am not going to lay all the blame for a bad rookie season on his talent.  Some DBs take a year to transition.  Nnamdi was not even a full time starter until his 3rd year.  He was a train wreck when he first got to the league.

Whether or not you like him or where he was drafted last wasn’t indicative of what type of player he’s going to be(good or bad). Unfortunately this is a forum where people can decide that someone is a bust after 1 half of their first preseason football game. Or a player can be declared a bust before playing a down lol

• Like 2

So our starting depth chart will likely be...

Offense

QB: Carr

RB: Jacobs

WR: Ruggs

WR: Edwards

WR: Renfrow

TE: Waller

LT: Miller

LG: Incognito

C : James

RG: Good

RT: Leatherwood

Defense

DE: Crosby

3T: McCoy

NT: Hankins

DE: Ngakoue

LB: Littleton

LB: Kwit

SCB: Hobbs

CB: Mullen

CB: Hayward

SS: Abram

FS: Moehrig

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Offense

Defense

best its looked in awhile for Raider fans, but still think its a pretty middle of the pack roster. 
Need our young WR to step up, and Oline to hold their own. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Offense

Defense

I’m down with that as long as nobody gets hurt(which inevitably will happen)

offense is very young, i think well go as far as DC takes us. I feel the OL will be ok, its time for DC to elevate the O. There is talent on that side of the ball and he needs to get the best out of them. I'm a DC guy, but there's no excuses this year, he needs to go out and earn an extension. 

Honestly, i think the defense can be pretty good. We finally have a couple bookend pass rushers, the question for me is if we are going to be able to get the opposition in enough 3rd and longs to allow Maxx and Yannick to pin their ears back and do what they do. You got to stop the run if you want to rush the passer. Ferrell and Naasib are quality depth, obviously you want more than that from a guy drafted #4 overall and another you just paid big money to, but it is what it is. I was meh, when we first brought in McCoy, but he really stood out vs SF. He looks like he still has some juice, if he can be 80% of who he was in TB we have a difference maker. Also excited about Jefferson and Philon a bit. I think we might have the best DL we've had here in a long time, unfortunately, that's not really saying much.

The LBs, i was very excited to see Morrow in Bradley's defense, i felt he was going to take it up a notch. Sucks that he got hurt, hope its not as long as i feel it will be until he's back. Littleton was a baller on a great Rams defense, he needs to show his worth and be the playmaker we brought him in to be. I'm in the minority that like Kwit, but maybe its because he's just better than the garbage we've had at LB for a long while. Muse and Deablo bring athleticism to the position, but still seems to be a ways off. Perryman, knows the defense and should be solid. 

The DB's are going to be the difference for me. Hayward was a solid pick up in that he is a vet that has done it at a high level for a long time AND can still play a bit. He is not who he was but will be an upgrade from what we have had. Ive been very high on Mullen since he was drafted, i don't think he gets the credit he deserves and will stand out more as the DL gets more pressure. I think Moehrig is the goods, he gives us range we have not had in ages, very excited about this kid. Have heard nothing but good things from him all through the process and off-season. The wild card of the bunch is Abram, i love his energy and feel he can be a good player under the right circumstances. I think Bradley will use him more to his strengths and let him let his hair down and play ball. Hobbs looks like a steal so far, but i want to see it vs starters in a real game. Arnette is another guy i like that gets a lot of hate, and rightfully so at times. But i think he is better than he put out last year and will see an uptick from him. 

overall, i think we have a solid roster. This is a QB driven league and i think this is the year Derek Carr needs to elevate us into the playoffs. Defense i think will be solid, and we have weapons on offense. Time to put up or shut up!

• Like 1

Would assume the depth chart with the roster as it stands...

Offense

QB: Carr | Mariota | Peterman

RB: Jacobs | Drake | Richard

FB: Ingold

WR: Ruggs | Jones

WR: Edwards | Renfrow | Snead

TE: Waller | Moreau | Bowers 

LT: Miller | Parker

LG: Incognito | Simpson

C : James | Martin

Defense

DE: Crosby | Nassib | Koonce

DT: McCoy | Jefferson | Thomas 

DT: Hankins | Philon

DE: Yannick | Ferrell

LB: Littleton | Deablo

LB: Kwit | Perryman 

LB: Muse | Morrow* | White*

CB: Hayward | Arnette

CB: Mullen | Robertson

CB: Hobbs | Nixon

SS: Abram | Teamer

FS: Moehrig | Gillespie 

• Like 1

roster currently has 52 people pending the trade announcement of Perryman.

not accounting for perryman, we have 6 LBs that made the 53 (morrow, kwit, littleon, muse, deablo, white). we can assume that morrow + white will be on IR. gives us room to add another 1-2 linebackers. so Wright is still potentially in the mix if the money is there. they probably just add 1 LB and use the other roster spot on another tackle or WR.

richard will also likely head to IR clearing the path for one of Ragas/Emmons to return. my bet is Ragas unless we got get another RB from another team

i also wish we'd just cut Peterman. i dont see how he helps the team win.

Edited by Turnobili

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

overall, i think we have a solid roster. This is a QB driven league and i think this is the year Derek Carr needs to elevate us into the playoffs. Defense i think will be solid, and we have weapons on offense. Time to put up or shut up!

This right here.  My biggest criticism of Carr has been can he elevate the players around him.  This year he has to do it.  I hope he does and shuts me up.  If not we will be drafting a QB early.

@Geezyyou're not in the minority about Kwit. He was actually just good last year. With not a lot of talent around him in Guenther's horrible scheme. I'll cut Littleton some slack if Gus allows him to do what he's good at and cover/chase. Perryman is a good run stuffer. I don't think he'll be asked to do more than that.

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

roster currently has 52 people pending the trade announcement of Perryman.

not accounting for perryman, we have 6 LBs that made the 53 (morrow, kwit, littleon, muse, deablo, white). we can assume that morrow + white will be on IR. gives us room to add another 1-2 linebackers. so Wright is still potentially in the mix if the money is there. they probably just add 1 LB and use the other roster spot on another tackle or WR.

richard will also likely head to IR clearing the path for one of Ragas/Emmons to return. my bet is Ragas unless we got get another RB from another team

i also wish we'd just cut Peterman. i dont see how he helps the team win.

I'd prefer to add KJ Wright and another offensive lineman, David Sharpe would make a ton of sense. Ragas back to replace Richard makes sense as well although I don't understand why we didn't just cut him and save the $3.5M. 

I wish we'd cut Peterman as well but it's difficult to do because Mariota is injured coming into the season. IIRC he didn't even suit up until like week 11-12 last year. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer to add KJ Wright and another offensive lineman, David Sharpe would make a ton of sense. Ragas back to replace Richard makes sense as well although I don't understand why we didn't just cut him and save the $3.5M. 

I wish we'd cut Peterman as well but it's difficult to do because Mariota is injured coming into the season. IIRC he didn't even suit up until like week 11-12 last year. 

then we shouldnt be paying mariota what we're paying him. 3 roster spots at QB is overkill in today's NFL

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

This right here.  My biggest criticism of Carr has been can he elevate the players around him.  This year he has to do it.  I hope he does and shuts me up.  If not we will be drafting a QB early.

The Raiders are putting a ton of faith into Ruggs, Edwards, James, and Leatherwood. Those 4 will be the keys for how good our offense is, imo. If all 4 are good then our offense will be really good but if they're not then we could struggle.