2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

I personally don't think Richie is going last, and Good is going to see the field. I really hope we Simpson is a stud, would go alot for our interior line. I wonder if Morrissey can play some guard, still didn't get the need for drafting a 3rd center. If Simpson flops, we might have to go get 2 stud guards early in 2022 offseason. 

On 2/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Mariota Peterman      
RB Jacobs Drake Richard Riddick Ragas  
FB Ingold Groshek        
WR Ruggs Edwards Ateman      
WR Brown Jones Quinn Turner    
Slot Renfrow Snead Stoner Scott     
TE Waller Moreau Carrier Bushman  Bowers Ellis
LT Miller Parker Hamilton      
LG Richie Good Cotton Seymour    
C James Martin Morissey      
RG Simpson Omameh Seymour Harrell    
RT Leatherwood Young Jones-Smith      
DE Ferrell Max Dickerson      
UT Jefferson Thomas Vickers      
NT Hankins Philon Stills Scott    
DE Yannick Nassib Koonce G Green    
WLB Littleton Deablo Richardson      
MLB Kwiatkoski Muse Bilil      
SLB Morrow White Onwualu      
CB Heyward Johnson Nixon Siverand    
CB Mullen Douglas Hobbs Morrison    
Slot Arnette Robertson Lawson      
FS Joseph Moehrig  R Gaulden Crawford    
SS Abram Gillespie Teamer Leavitt    
K Carlson Eberle        
P Cole          
LS Sieg McCullough    

silver= rookies

red= free agents

updated depth chart, raiders aded a safety named Teamer. Probably a long shot but started for Bradley in the past and was productive. Also is good on special teams apparently 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I personally don't think Richie is going last, and Good is going to see the field. I really hope we Simpson is a stud, would go alot for our interior line. I wonder if Morrissey can play some guard, still didn't get the need for drafting a 3rd center. If Simpson flops, we might have to go get 2 stud guards early in 2022 offseason. 

Morrissey played some RG in college. Iirc, he also played C and G at the senior bowl.

Read some articles on our depth at certain positions.  Definitely think the IOL is our weakest position group with the biggest question marks.  In terms of talent and depth, if I were to rank the top 5 position groups and then bottom 5 position groups they would go as follows:

Top 5 position groups:

1. TE - Waller and Moreau.  I don't need to explain this.

2. RB - Arguably our #1 position in terms of talent and depth with both Jacobs and Drake.  Two very capable RBs with two very different skill sets.

3. QB - Mariota is one of the best 

4. Safety - K. Joseph, Abram, Moehrig, Deable, and like 5 other guys.

5. WR - I feel like we have a ton of depth at this position, just no real top talent.

Bottom 5 position groups:

1. IOL - I'll bunch them together.  If Incognito goes down and James can't take a punch our OL is going to get ugly fast.

2. DT - Quinton Jefferson is decent.  Hankins is okay.  Who knows what S. Thomas is going to be.  The other 35 guys can't be all that great if they can't beat out our current starters which I think will be Jefferson and Hankins.

3. OT - Don't even want to think about what would happen if K. Miller goes down.  Just no depth at this position IMO.

LB - If we lose Morrow, Kwit, or Littleton, it might get ugly.

5. CB - Same as LB, we lose Hayward or Mullen, It's going to get ugly. 

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Read some articles on our depth at certain positions.  Definitely think the IOL is our weakest position group with the biggest question marks.  In terms of talent and depth, if I were to rank the top 5 position groups and then bottom 5 position groups they would go as follows:

Top 5 position groups:

1. TE - Waller and Moreau.  I don't need to explain this.

2. RB - Arguably our #1 position in terms of talent and depth with both Jacobs and Drake.  Two very capable RBs with two very different skill sets.

3. QB - Mariota is one of the best 

4. Safety - K. Joseph, Abram, Moehrig, Deable, and like 5 other guys.

5. WR - I feel like we have a ton of depth at this position, just no real top talent.

Bottom 5 position groups:

1. IOL - I'll bunch them together.  If Incognito goes down and James can't take a punch our OL is going to get ugly fast.

2. DT - Quinton Jefferson is decent.  Hankins is okay.  Who knows what S. Thomas is going to be.  The other 35 guys can't be all that great if they can't beat out our current starters which I think will be Jefferson and Hankins.

3. OT - Don't even want to think about what would happen if K. Miller goes down.  Just no depth at this position IMO.

LB - If we lose Morrow, Kwit, or Littleton, it might get ugly.

5. CB - Same as LB, we lose Hayward or Mullen, It's going to get ugly. 

I agree with your top about strength of depth... about the lack of depth at 

1. I like Simpson as a backup, he's been getting groomed for the older Richie. I think Ehinger is an NFL player but meh. I wouldn't mind adding one more cheap vet. Martin wouldn't get abused and provides real depth at C

2. the depth is all about potential. Solomon Thomas and Stills are wild cards. Philon could provide decent depth but hasn't played for a few years. Don't forget Dickerson was a rotation player for a good Titan team. I think the unit just lacks overall talent, and our weakest unit. wouldn't mind adding Sheldon Richardson or Geno Atkins without a doubt

3. Brandon Parker isn't bad as a LT2. We could do alot worse, and he has played at LT and has done okay in the past. Sam Young has been in the league 10 years. Sure he got beat here and there last year, but the offense was still good when he was starting 

4. I view Deablo as a LB and he will provide depth at this unit. Hopefully Muse or White step up to be the 5th LB. Maybe a year around pros, bulking up, they come into camp ready to provide depth. Probably be smart to add another vet to the mix for depth

5. top 3 guys Hayward, Mullen, Arnette. I like the depth behind them in Johnson, Douglas, Amik. That's already 6 deep, plus you have guys like Lawson/Hobbs/Dixon competing for spots. I feel we have talent, just need to help the corners with being better generating a pass rush 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

QB Carr Mariota Peterman      
FB Ingold Groshek        
WR Ruggs Edwards Ateman      
LG Richie Simpson Omameh Cotton    
C James Martin Morissey      
RG Good Ehinger Seymour      
DE Ferrell Max Dickerson      
MLB Kwiatkoski Muse Bilil      
SLB Morrow White Onwualu      
CB Heyward Johnson Robertson Siverand    
CB Mullen Douglas Hobbs Morrison    
Slot Arnette Wreh-Wilson Lawson Nixon    
FS Joseph Moehrig  Crawford      
K Carlson Eberle    

silver= rookies

red= free agents

updated. since we are adding cheap vets, might as well add another IOL, DL, and LB. for competition and/or a reserve spot

QB Carr Mariota Peterman      
FB Ingold Groshek        
WR Ruggs Edwards Ateman      
LG Richie Simpson Omameh Cotton    
C James Martin Morissey      
RG Good Ehinger Seymour      
DE Ferrell Max Dickerson      
MLB Kwiatkoski Lee Bilil Onwualu    
SLB Morrow Muse White      
CB Heyward Johnson Wreh-Wilson Bausby    
CB Mullen Douglas Lawson      
Slot Arnette Robertson Hobbs Nixon    
FS Joseph Moehrig  Crawford      
K Carlson Eberle    

silver= rookies

red= free agents

Lee former starter on the Chiefs 

coming off a being injured last season

then Bausby. another actual NFL player from a talented Broncos DB group. His PFF grade were better than Arnette last season. I don't know if he makes it, but the practice squad is expanded again this year. More real competition, the better 

• 1 month later...

Looks like we will have players cut that I actually like. CB room looking deep and has possibilities. DL has numbers but a whole lot of WTF?!? LOL Because of that I feel the need to go 53 like this unless people stand out.

53-3 (ST) 24 O and 26 D

Looking at our roster this is currently how I'm going 2 QB, 4 RB's total as 1 is FB, 3 TE's 6 WR's  and 9 Oline

On D 10 Dline and Koonce is there at DE but may get LB time. I figure Nassib is uncuttable with contract and PR otherwise I'd roll with 9 ond add that to 'O', 6 LB's Deablo is there and Koonce gets time, 6 CB's and 4 S with Deablo an emergency SS

So maybe some get stashed on IR... Would love if the DB's shine under the new coaching staff.

I see us being deep with 53. I think the only tough cut might be at corner. I think corners looking like

1) Hayward

2) Mullen

Slot) Arnette

4, 5, 6) I Johnson / Douglas / Amik/ Lawson/ Bausby / Hobbs/ Dixon

those last 3 spots will be a tough competition between the 7, for 3 open jobs 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1