2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

KJ knows the system inside and out and can play every LB position in the system.  He would start for us and we would not have to take him off the field.  Even at his age he would be our best LB.

I hope Abram does great this year.  I like him as a player.

I don't like Abram at all but I think he's going to have a good year just because of the system and who is coaching him. 

Here's a thing I understand the system part. That part I get 100%. But I mean does the situation even fit both sides in the sense that

1. Hes 32. Seattle didn't let him walk because because he wasn't good(that is the best year last year I think) they let them walk because that'll let some of the young guys play

2. KJ Wright wants a two-year deal that means he wants a team to invest in him until he's 34. Well that kind of investment there's no way he's going to be a rotational guy he would have to be an every down guy. Which leaves me a number three

3. So much invested at the position and the position is not even actually bad(again they just had a bad coordinator and I don't think people understand the difference because the coordinator doesn't play on the field)

4. Bradley has probably one of the easiest systems in the NFL because they just run variations of the same exact play so I don't think they necessarily need a linebacker to come in and teach the system in the same way that they needed a Vontaze Burfict to come in to teach and lead by example and Paul Guenther scheme that is actually one of the most complicated. 

Thats my take

Edited by Jeremy408

37 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't like Abram at all but I think he's going to have a good year just because of the system and who is coaching him. 

Here's a thing I understand the system part. That part I get 100%. But I mean does the situation even fit both sides in the sense that

1. Hes 32. Seattle didn't let him walk because because he wasn't good(that is the best year last year I think) they let them walk because that'll let some of the young guys play

2. KJ Wright wants a two-year deal that means he wants a team to invest in him until he's 34. Well that kind of investment there's no way he's going to be a rotational guy he would have to be an every down guy. Which leaves me a number three

3. So much invested at the position and the position is not even actually bad(again they just had a bad coordinator and I don't think people understand the difference because the coordinator doesn't play on the field)

4. Bradley has probably one of the easiest systems in the NFL because they just run variations of the same exact play so I don't think they necessarily need a linebacker to come in and teach the system in the same way that they needed a Vontaze Burfict to come in to teach and lead by example and Paul Guenther scheme that is actually one of the most complicated. 

Thats my take

You could be correct but I still like Wright more than any other LB we have on our team.  I wanted to draft him.  I am not high on Morrow and think Kwiat should beat him out anyways.  I am not at camp so I can not say who looks better but is Morrow or Littleton going to wear the green dot?  We will just have to wait and see.  I could be wrong.  I will be pulling for whoever is on the field even if they make me look like an idiot.

29 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You could be correct but I still like Wright more than any other LB we have on our team.  I wanted to draft him.  I am not high on Morrow and think Kwiat should beat him out anyways.  I am not at camp so I can not say who looks better but is Morrow or Littleton going to wear the green dot?  We will just have to wait and see.  I could be wrong.  I will be pulling for whoever is on the field even if they make me look like an idiot.

I like Morrow especially for this system. Not a big fan of Littleton(and wasn't a fan of him on the rams either) but I do see how he could be good in the system as opposed to how he was set up to fail last year. With Kwit I feel the opposite I'm not sure that Kwit there's a fit for the system but i do like him. Also, this whole tanner muse thing intrigues me so i wanna see how that plays out.

37 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I like Morrow especially for this system. Not a big fan of Littleton(and wasn't a fan of him on the rams either) but I do see how he could be good in the system as opposed to how he was set up to fail last year. With Kwit I feel the opposite I'm not sure that Kwit there's a fit for the system but i do like him. Also, this whole tanner muse thing intrigues me so i wanna see how that plays out.

I understand how people like measurables when it comes to a system like Bradley's but there is an argument to be made for a player that understands what they are suppose to do and does not false steps.  It is my biggest criticism of White.  They guy should make every play but he takes to many false steps.  A player like Burifict is the complete opposite.  Guy ran a 5+ 40 but was always in the right spot at the right time.  He just used the wrong part of his body to hit people.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand how people like measurables when it comes to a system like Bradley's but there is an argument to be made for a player that understands what they are suppose to do and does not false steps.  It is my biggest criticism of White.  They guy should make every play but he takes to many false steps.  A player like Burifict is the complete opposite.  Guy ran a 5+ 40 but was always in the right spot at the right time.  He just used the wrong part of his body to hit people.

The whole point of Bradley system is that is easy to pick up for college players. That’s the whole premise of the defense oh. That’s why there’s such an emphasis on speed and size with all of our pick ups this year (with the exception of Hayward) as opposed to the last three years where Defense saw here the focus was on trying to get players that have been in their respective systems for a long time or players that played a lot of football for players that were considered smart. It was due to the defense being so complex

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Morrow is going to shine in this defense. 

Muse thing is interesting maybe he’s been playing his *** off and earned it. Still hope for KJ to sign 

Like I said before: I never understood where the Tanner Muse came from

32 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

1. interesting thing is how Tyree Gilespie is listed as a strong safety

2. this is basically saying that Nate Hobbs is the starter week one at nickel and can run with the job if he plays well against the ravens and Steelers

3. I like the depth at receiver when you look at it from the death chart perspective. It makes it to where if any of those three starting receivers get hurt the person to come fill in provides a situation where you don’t necessarily lose anything. For example last year when rugs got hurt we lost the speed element of the offense. When Renfro got hurt we lost the slot element etc. this year the replacements are suitable. 
(The same can be said about running back but we already knew that)

But then again this could all mean nothing By week one

Edited by Jeremy408

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Another interesting thing is how Tyree Gilespie is listed as a strong safety

also this is basically saying that Nate Hobbs is the starter week one at nickel and can run with the job if he plays well against the ravens and Steelers

But then again this could all mean nothing By week one

most people assumed Gillespie would be a box safety even though he played single high in college based on his size and skill set. then at one point i think Gruden or Mayock mentioned him as FS and that caused some pause. 

these depth charts, especially near the bottom, arent super reliable though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

most people assumed Gillespie would be a box safety even though he played single high in college based on his size and skill set. then at one point i think Gruden or Mayock mentioned him as FS and that caused some pause. 

these depth charts, especially near the bottom, arent super reliable though

He theoretically right now is better at strong safety then Abram in terms of coverage and athleticism. I think Abram is more of a box safety though(for now). If Abram falters I could easily see Gillespie being are starting strong safety and I would have no problem with that. But again I would have to see what he looks like a preseason

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The whole point of Bradley system is that is easy to pick up for college players. That’s the whole premise of the defense oh. That’s why there’s such an emphasis on speed and size with all of our pick ups this year (with the exception of Hayward) as opposed to the last three years where Defense saw here the focus was on trying to get players that have been in their respective systems for a long time or players that played a lot of football for players that were considered smart. It was due to the defense being so complex

This is true.  We spoke about how Bradley would simplify the scheme when he was first hired and we criticized Guenther because he did not understand his scheme well enough to teach the players.  Even in the most simplified version these guys are going to make some mistakes.  It is really frustrating that we used so much draft capital for Guenther's system.  Wish we would have had Bradley from the beginning.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is true.  We spoke about how Bradley would simplify the scheme when he was first hired and we criticized Guenther because he did not understand his scheme well enough to teach the players.  Even in the most simplified version these guys are going to make some mistakes.  It is really frustrating that we used so much draft capital for Guenther's system.  Wish we would have had Bradley from the beginning.

Right I think people are starting to kind of see that now that the problem was it necessarily that there’s not an eye for talent from the front office standpoint. It’s more that we had a front office that invested a lot of high resources To a DC that’s never built a difference from scratch before and didn’t fire him in 2019 when they saw that he didn’t know what he was doing. That’s why someone like Tanner muse can go from having a horrible training camp last year before going on IR to coming back to Battle for a starting spot.

and then the reverse is also true: it’s why players that were successful and other programs came here to be horrible(Lamarcus Joyner Corey littleton)

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

keep in mind that Gillespie, Deablo, Joseph basically haven't practiced yet (I think Gillespie was there yesterday). Also Isaiah Johnson, though he's looking like more and more of an afterthought.

Yeah if there was a Defense that Johnson Could thrive in it would be this one