2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Not going to be perfect at every position.  I do like Ruggs but if we signed Curtis Samuel I do not see the need for RuggsJefferson, Edwards, and Samuel I believe is better than Ruggs, Brown, and Edwards.  You can not tell me you would rather have Jefferson and Thomas over Kinlaw.  Neal I believe is a great fit for what we are trying to do and if he got hurt we have Joseph ready to go.  It would be a risk but you are covered if it falls apart.  You would not have to draft Moss.  You have a 3rd round pick to use on a backup RB.  Should b able to find one.  If not you do not have to give a Drake type deal to sign a reliable vet.

They're 2 completely different players that do 2 different things for the offense 

In terms of Jefferson Edwards and Samuel vs Ruggs Brown in Edwards, It depends on who was already on your roster. In our case we have Darren Waller who on anyone else's team is the number one WR. So what would you want to complement Darren Waller is someone who makes it so you can't just double-team Waller. Ruggs makes it to where there is no way you can just put one corner on him ever(Regardless of who that corner is). There has to be safety help. This is a post to 2019 where we didn't have somebody who did that so teams were just cheap to Waller and stack in the box. I even attribute a huge part to Nelson Agholor having the season he did too he was basically third in terms of the coverage he was facing(Chiefs game is a perfect example of that) 

Who's Thomas? 

in terms of Neal, guy who drafted him and signed on another team doesn't think that. This isn't similar to Solomon Thomas where Selah didnt pursue him this is that the coordinator did pursue him and is telling him and is saying that he's something else. 

From everything we've been hearing including Drake him self he's not your typical back up running back they're going to use him in ways that you don't just sign of typical back up running back to do. Plus when Josh Jacobs goes down it definitely changes the dynamic of the offense so having a really good back up running back that would've been a starter on another team is actually a big deal for it we like to do in terms of running the football. You can't just put Booker or richard back there full time as we saw last year 

48 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

They're 2 completely different players that do 2 different things for the offense 

In terms of Jefferson Edwards and Samuel vs Ruggs Brown in Edwards, It depends on who was already on your roster. In our case we have Darren Waller who on anyone else's team is the number one WR. So what would you want to complement Darren Waller is someone who makes it so you can't just double-team Waller. Ruggs makes it to where there is no way you can just put one corner on him ever(Regardless of who that corner is). There has to be safety help. This is a post to 2019 where we didn't have somebody who did that so teams were just cheap to Waller and stack in the box. I even attribute a huge part to Nelson Agholor having the season he did too he was basically third in terms of the coverage he was facing(Chiefs game is a perfect example of that) 

Who's Thomas? 

in terms of Neal, guy who drafted him and signed on another team doesn't think that. This isn't similar to Solomon Thomas where Selah didnt pursue him this is that the coordinator did pursue him and is telling him and is saying that he's something else. 

From everything we've been hearing including Drake him self he's not your typical back up running back they're going to use him in ways that you don't just sign of typical back up running back to do. Plus when Josh Jacobs goes down it definitely changes the dynamic of the offense so having a really good back up running back that would've been a starter on another team is actually a big deal for it we like to do in terms of running the football. You can't just put Booker or richard back there full time as we saw last year 

We would have Jefferson, Waller, and Samuel that will produce if you try to play man coverage.  Yes a team could take away Waller but then Jefferson and Samuel could hurt you.  We would have 3 legit targets instead of Waller , a hope, and a dream.  Thomas is Solomon Thomas.  If we drafted Kinlaw we would not need to sign 15 3Ts hoping one will work out.  Neal is that S/LB tweener that works well in Bradley's system.  As for Drake you have Samuel that can be the gadget player but from a more natural WR side.  He is a playmaker who has the speed to keep the offense honest.  There were plenty of RBs who could take over if Jacobs missed a few games.  Jamal Williams, Gus Edwards, Leonard Fournette, Mike Davis, and Phillip Lindsey were all around $3 million a year or less.

31 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We would have Jefferson, Waller, and Samuel that will produce if you try to play man coverage.  Yes a team could take away Waller but then Jefferson and Samuel could hurt you.  We would have 3 legit targets instead of Waller , a hope, and a dream.  Thomas is Solomon Thomas.  If we drafted Kinlaw we would not need to sign 15 3Ts hoping one will work out.  Neal is that S/LB tweener that works well in Bradley's system.  As for Drake you have Samuel that can be the gadget player but from a more natural WR side.  He is a playmaker who has the speed to keep the offense honest.  There were plenty of RBs who could take over if Jacobs missed a few games.  Jamal Williams, Gus Edwards, Leonard Fournette, Mike Davis, and Phillip Lindsey were all around $3 million a year or less.

There are a lot of teams that could say let’s just put our number one corner on Jefferson put our Number 2 corner on Samuel and double team waller. 

With Ruggs it’s you automatically have to double theme ruggs by putting a safety over the top letting Walter go free and if somehow you’re able to double-team them both Brian Edwards against the third coverage option is dangerous. 

another thing that has to be addressed(and I know because I had him on my fantasy team lol) is that while Jefferson is good there are two things you have to take into account for why his season went the way it was besides the fact that other teams didn’t have a game film on him

1. He was not being utilized as the number one receiver which means that he was not getting coverage on the number one corners(Adam Thielen was getting that coverage). 

2. A good amount of his stats were in garbage time situations. So while he’s a good player he wasn’t doing a lot of things that impact the games that he’s in. 

I figure you meant Solomon Thomas. But here’s the thing you have to consider: how do we know that Kinlaw address is the problem. He hasn’t exactly done so in San Francisco yet. So we don’t know definitely that Kinlaw is the answer to anything For all we know he can be in the same boat as Solomon Thomas or any of the defense of tackle that we’ve signed. Btw it’s become increasingly clear That’s the reason why they did that is because I don’t feel very good about any of the defensive tackles in this years draft. This is also to back up the fact that is very difficult to hit on 3T technique. The good ones very rarely hit the market. The ones that do hit the market are usually reclamation projects.

With Neal, Dan Quinn is using him at linebacker specifically. Not a hybrid. 

none of the running backs you mentioned are known for their ability to catch passes out of the backfield. Drake can literally lineup at receiver on top of the fact that he ran for more yards than any of them the last 2 years I believe. Higher quality of back requires higher pay

Edited by Jeremy408

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

There are a lot of teams that could say let’s just put our number one corner on Jefferson put our Number 2 corner on Samuel and double team waller. 

With Ruggs it’s you automatically have to double theme ruggs by putting a safety over the top letting Walter go free and if somehow you’re able to double-team them both Brian Edwards against the third coverage option is dangerous. 

another thing that has to be addressed(and I know because I had him on my fantasy team lol) is that while Jefferson is good there are two things you have to take into account for why his season went the way it was besides the fact that other teams didn’t have a game film on him

1. He was not being utilized as the number one receiver which means that he was not getting coverage on the number one corners(Adam Thielen was getting that coverage). 

2. A good amount of his stats were in garbage time situations. So while he’s a good player he wasn’t doing a lot of things that impact the games that he’s in. 

I figure you meant Solomon Thomas. But here’s the thing you have to consider: how do we know that Kinlaw address is the problem. He hasn’t exactly done so in San Francisco yet. So we don’t know definitely that Kinlaw is the answer to anything For all we know he can be in the same boat as Solomon Thomas or any of the defense of tackle that we’ve signed. Btw it’s become increasingly clear That’s the reason why they did that is because I don’t feel very good about any of the defensive tackles in this years draft. This is also to back up the fact that is very difficult to hit on 3T technique. The good ones very rarely hit the market. The ones that do hit the market are usually reclamation projects.

With Neal, Dan Quinn is using him at linebacker specifically. Not a hybrid. 

none of the running backs you mentioned are known for their ability to catch passes out of the backfield. Drake can literally lineup at receiver on top of the fact that he ran for more yards than any of them the last 2 years I believe. Higher quality of back requires higher pay

You do realize that Curtis Samuel is almost as fast and explosive as Ruggs.  The difference is is very small.  40 - .04 sec, 10 yd split - .01 sec, vert 4 inches, and Samuel benched 225 18 times.  What is noticeable is that Samuel is a much stronger runner and will not go down on first contact.  

As far as Jefferson is concerned he did most of his work in non garbage time.  He had over 1,000 yards in the first 3 quarters and just 900 yards came in games where the final score was under a TD.  As for tape his production got better as the year went on so teams knew he was the top option (Had almost 500 yards more than Thielen) and they still did not stop him.  He also had more yards and TDs than Ruggs, Brown, and Edwards combined last year.

Just about every 3T struggles year 1.  So I was not surprised Kinlaw was not the defensive rookie of the year.  Even Q had a bad rookie year.  Kinlaw has what you look for to be a dominant 3T but he is a little raw.  I would still take him at 12.

I like Drake but do not like his contract.  OUr back up is the 14th highest paid back by average salary and our 3rd is the 19th highest paid.  Gruden for whatever reason has not realized that RBs do not get big paydays anymore unless you are a top back. 

We can agree to disagree and it was a good debate.  Feel free to to have the last word.

53 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You do realize that Curtis Samuel is almost as fast and explosive as Ruggs.  The difference is is very small.  40 - .04 sec, 10 yd split - .01 sec, vert 4 inches, and Samuel benched 225 18 times.  What is noticeable is that Samuel is a much stronger runner and will not go down on first contact.  

As far as Jefferson is concerned he did most of his work in non garbage time.  He had over 1,000 yards in the first 3 quarters and just 900 yards came in games where the final score was under a TD.  As for tape his production got better as the year went on so teams knew he was the top option (Had almost 500 yards more than Thielen) and they still did not stop him.  He also had more yards and TDs than Ruggs, Brown, and Edwards combined last year.

Just about every 3T struggles year 1.  So I was not surprised Kinlaw was not the defensive rookie of the year.  Even Q had a bad rookie year.  Kinlaw has what you look for to be a dominant 3T but he is a little raw.  I would still take him at 12.

I like Drake but do not like his contract.  OUr back up is the 14th highest paid back by average salary and our 3rd is the 19th highest paid.  Gruden for whatever reason has not realized that RBs do not get big paydays anymore unless you are a top back. 

We can agree to disagree and it was a good debate.  Feel free to to have the last word.

Those measurable there’s actually a big difference between them. You may not understand that because you probably never did track and field. Those are substantial differences. Like I said there are two different players. when is more of a yard after catch type. The other one is a score and one play type

with Jefferson people don’t come to the conclusion that you’re the number one receiver halfway through the season they do it in the off-season when they have an entire off-season to scheme you out of a game. I am having 500 more yards than Adam Thielen yes similar to win juju Smith Schuster had more yards than Antonio Brown his last year on the Steelers. Stats don’t dictate what the other team thinks of you. A lot of the times it’s actually the opposite. 

No matter which way you spin it with Kinlaw.  Defensive tackle is one of the hardest positions to have good players come out of(especially when the prospect is raw)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If we can sign KJ Wright and McCoy still have some juice...

Yannick - Hankins - McCoy - Crosby

Wright - Littleton - Morrow

Mullen - Abram - Moehrig - Hayward 

Not too shabby.

Idk im interested in seeing what Tanner Muse looks like on Saturday

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Me as well but KJ Wright has been one of the better LB's in the league for a while and actually knows the system. 

my whole thing with KJ right is that I feel like we have so much invested at linebacker that I actually want to see how they do before signing KJ. Like around week three of the pre season I think will all know whether or not we need KJ Wright or not. 

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

my whole thing with KJ right is that I feel like we have so much invested at linebacker that I actually want to see how they do before signing KJ. Like around week three of the pre season I think will all know whether or not we need KJ Wright or not

I'd prefer to add a guy that has proven he can be a pro bowl caliber player over someone that might play good in 2 meaningless preseason games. KJ would be coming on a min 1 year deal, lol.