2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Nixon is great on special teams and thought he played well v Seahawks, had a nice PD.

CB4 onwards is going to be tight and Nixon is certainly in the mix for the last couple spots. Maybe, just maybe we are seeing the Gus Bradley that we'd all hoped for turning round our defensive backs and coaxing out some decent play from unexpected guys. Robertson I've been disappointed with thus far and hope to hear him showing something.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

CB4 onwards is going to be tight and Nixon is certainly in the mix for the last couple spots. Maybe, just maybe we are seeing the Gus Bradley that we'd all hoped for turning round our defensive backs and coaxing out some decent play from unexpected guys. Robertson I've been disappointed with thus far and hope to hear him showing something.

I think these vets are on the hot seat: Richard, Martin, Ehlinger (guy from Ravens) , Lee, Wilson, Johnson, Amik, Douglas, Henderson, Snead

for the last 2 years, the raiders opening day roster had a total of 9 DL. in 2019, we had 5 DE and 4 DT. last year we opened with 4 DE and 5 DT. assuming we keep 9 again, there are going to be some really tough decisions

i think we all feel confident that the locks right now are Ngakoue, Crosby, Nassib, Ferrell at DE, and Hankins, Jefferson at DT. Koonce is a 3rd round pick and there's virtually no shot they cut him. leaving only 2 DT spots left between Solomon Thomas, Darius Philon, and Gerald McCoy. That also means Hank is the only true 2-gap guy.

we've also kept a total of 5 LB in each of the last 2 years... and i think its clear that Morrow/Littleton are the locks. following his restructure, Kwit is also a lock (would cost more to cut him than keep him). That only leaves two spots... and we have Muse, Deablo, White as the guys vying for those spots. KJ Wright would improve the unit, but make for an additional tough cut.

we might have a little more flexibility than last year if we only carry 3 TE instead of 4 (we kept 3 in 2019, kept 4 last year)

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

we've also kept anywhere between 9 and 10 OL in the last 2 offseason. we can probably get away with 9 this year

after Kolton/Richie/James/Good/Leatherwood, we can get away with 4 reserves, especially with Good's ability to play RT in a pinch. Parker, Simpson are the swing tackle/guard, one of Martin/Morrisey will hang around as the backup C, and then we keep one of Cotton or Jones-Smith as the 9th.

13 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

we've also kept anywhere between 9 and 10 OL in the last 2 offseason. we can probably get away with 9 this year

after Kolton/Richie/James/Good/Leatherwood, we can get away with 4 reserves, especially with Good's ability to play RT in a pinch. Parker, Simpson are the swing tackle/guard, one of Martin/Morrisey will hang around as the backup C, and then we keep one of Cotton or Jones-Smith as the 9th.

I think we keep 10 DL this year, and 6 LBs.. maybe cut a 6th WR with Zay having such a strong camp, and keep 9 OL. Only 3 TE this year too. Could also keep 5 Cbs and see if we can stash 1 or 2 guys on the practice squad

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think we keep 10 DL this year, and 6 LBs.. maybe cut a 6th WR with Zay having such a strong camp, and keep 9 OL. Only 3 TE this year too. Could also keep 5 Cbs and see if we can stash 1 or 2 guys on the practice squad

its also possible that Bradley has different preferences than Guenther re: number of spots per position, so things are subject to change

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Turnobili said:
14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

its also possible that Bradley has different preferences than Guenther re: number of spots per position, so things are subject to change

I think this also depends upon the individual players. Is your CB6 a better player than your WR6? Is the TE4 a better player than LB6? That may result in carrying an extra player here or there. 

With regard Gus Bradley I've heard it said a lot he likes a genuine rotation on the DL and likes to have two 'sets' of DL that can chop and change so I can genuinely see us keeping 10 DL as we know the majority will get snaps and the DT4 is going to play more and get more actual snaps than OG4 for example barring unforseen injuries. 

With speed and coverage seemingly being a focus, maybe we'll only carry 5 LBs and carry an extra Safety that can play in the box.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I think this also depends upon the individual players. Is your CB6 a better player than your WR6? Is the TE4 a better player than LB6? That may result in carrying an extra player here or there. 

With regard Gus Bradley I've heard it said a lot he likes a genuine rotation on the DL and likes to have two 'sets' of DL that can chop and change so I can genuinely see us keeping 10 DL as we know the majority will get snaps and the DT4 is going to play more and get more actual snaps than OG4 for example barring unforseen injuries. 

With speed and coverage seemingly being a focus, maybe we'll only carry 5 LBs and carry an extra Safety that can play in the box.

though i wonder if Muse/Deablo/White fill that "extra safety that can play in the box" role to an extent

Edited by Turnobili

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

WR6- Snead

CB5-  Johnson/Dixon/Douglas/Wilson/Amik not sure who is the 5th/6th wideout

6th LB- J White

9th/10th- McCoy/Koonce 

Nixon feels like a roster lock. Continues to make plays here and there while still being a core special teamer. We can have a little CB versatility because Lawson is suspended the first 2 weeks. If Hobbs can actually win out the starting job, they might just let Lawson go. Could be looking at Hayward/Mullen/Arnette/Nixon/Hobbs, with Amik/Douglas/Lawson fighting for the 6th spot. I think Johnson is a goner. Has a lot of that Obi Melifonwu stench

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

Nixon feels like a roster lock. Continues to make plays here and there while still being a core special teamer. We can have a little CB versatility because Lawson is suspended the first 2 weeks. If Hobbs can actually win out the starting job, they might just let Lawson go. Could be looking at Hayward/Mullen/Arnette/Nixon/Hobbs, with Amik/Douglas/Lawson fighting for the 6th spot. I think Johnson is a goner. Has a lot of that Obi Melifonwu stench

I do think Nixon has the edge, but not a lock yet.