2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd guess that we carry 6 CB's with those 6 being: Mullen, Hayward, Arnette, Lawson, Hobbs, and Robertson. 

Surprised people are writing Isaiah Johnson off so soon, he did pretty well last year against the Chargers and that must give him a little credit in the bank. I'd also feel he suits the 'profile' of a cover 3 type CB more than Nixon or Robertson for example, being rangy and long. Maybe he just can't stay healthy but I'm still a little surprised by how he's gone from potential starter under Gus Bradley (in some quarters) to now a probable cut.

I'd guess the final 53 ends up being...

Offense (24)

QB (3): Carr, Mariota, Peterman

RB (4): Jacobs, Drake, Ragas, Ingold

WR (5): Ruggs, Edwards, Brown, Renfrow, Jones

TE (3): Waller, Moreau, Carrier 

OT (3): Miller, Leatherwood, Parker

OG (4): Incognito, Good, Simpson, Cotton 

C (2): James, Martin

Defense (26)

Edge (5): Crosby, Yannick, Nassib, Ferrell, Koonce

DT (5): Hankins, Jefferson, Thomas, Philon, McCoy 

LB (6): Littleton, Kwit, Wright*, Diablo, Morrow, Muse

CB (6): Mullen, Hayward, Arnette, Lawson, Hobbs, Robertson 

S (4): Abram, Moehrig, Joseph, Gillespie 

Special Teams (3)

ST (3): Carlson, Cole, Sieg 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Surprised people are writing Isaiah Johnson off so soon, he did pretty well last year against the Chargers and that must give him a little credit in the bank. I'd also feel he suits the 'profile' of a cover 3 type CB more than Nixon or Robertson for example, being rangy and long. Maybe he just can't stay healthy but I'm still a little surprised by how he's gone from potential starter under Gus Bradley (in some quarters) to now a probable cut.

I like Johnson but he just hasn't been able to stay healthy and we're going to have some tough cuts to make at CB and LB if we bring in KJ Wright. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd guess that we carry 6 CB's with those 6 being: Mullen, Hayward, Arnette, Lawson, Hobbs, and Robertson. 

i cant imagine all of Lawson/Hobbs/Robertson making it, as right now the team appears to have them all pegged as nickel guys (though Lawson has some outside experience). 

i think there's a world where Lawson doesnt make the final team... if Hobbs/Robertson hold down the slot well during Lawson's 2 game suspension

17 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i could see something like what @NYRaider playing out... though 5 WR and 3 TE is a bit thin. going to be some tough calls all over the place.

Yeah there's definitely going to be some tough calls. I think Snead will get cut and one of Turner/Stoner will make the roster as a guy with special teams ability. If we bring in KJ Wright we're going to have some difficult decisions to make with guys like White, Muse, and Diablo. DL has some tough decisions as well, wouldn't surprise me if one of Thomas/Philon is cut. 

21 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i cant imagine all of Lawson/Hobbs/Robertson making it, as right now the team appears to have them all pegged as nickel guys (though Lawson has some outside experience). 

i think there's a world where Lawson doesnt make the final team... if Hobbs/Robertson hold down the slot well during Lawson's 2 game suspension

Yeah good point although I think it is tough to depend on two rookies as our only NCB options. Will be interesting to see how it plays out but honestly kind of weird to be in a spot where it's hard to know, we usually don't have enough talent to even have a solid 53, lol. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah there's definitely going to be some tough calls. I think Snead will get cut and one of Turner/Stoner will make the roster as a guy with special teams ability. If we bring in KJ Wright we're going to have some difficult decisions to make with guys like White, Muse, and Diablo. DL has some tough decisions as well, wouldn't surprise me if one of Thomas/Philon is cut. 

methinks they might try to IR deablo with some phony injury honestly 😂

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Offense (24)

Defense (26)

Special Teams (3)

Thank god Leavitt isn't in the safety group on here. Dude is not an NFL player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Offense (24)

Defense (26)

Special Teams (3)

I see it the same way, maybe take out Lawson for Douglas/Johnson. That last OL spot could be the guy MM was hyping up. 

seems like Vic Tafur sees Lawson as a roster lock from the below... so Mullen/Hayward/Arnette/Lawson/Hobbs would appear to be locks, with Amik battling with Nixon, Douglas, Johnson (assuming we keep 6 CBs). Have to think Nixon is favored from that group based on play.

5e28ea713f7de0d1262a4a818a4f96e9.png

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

seems like Vic Tafur sees Lawson as a roster lock from the below... so Mullen/Hayward/Arnette/Lawson/Hobbs would appear to be locks, with Amik battling with Nixon, Douglas, Johnson (assuming we keep 6 CBs). Have to think Nixon is favored from that group based on play.

5e28ea713f7de0d1262a4a818a4f96e9.png

Would hate to give up on Robertson after one year but think it'll definitely be Nixon or Johnson for the 6th CB spot. Nixon is probably the better player right now but could see them keeping Johnson just due to his upside. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Would hate to give up on Robertson after one year but think it'll definitely be Nixon or Johnson for the 6th CB spot. Nixon is probably the better player right now but could see them keeping Johnson just due to his upside. 

would really just prefer to let Lawson go

22 hours ago, Turnobili said:

I hope we cut Lawson.  No reason to keep a DB that can't create turnovers.  Ever.  Ever in his freaking life.  Ever.