2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

Just now, drfrey13 said:

He was a good corner in college but lacked long speed.  Struggled with man coverage but really good in zone.  A case of to much combine but not enough game tape.  He was meant to be a slot or safety.  I believe he also struggled in the senior bowl practices.  That knocked him down draft boards.

Oh well there you go. That’s why people fall in the draft. It means the questions that Bradley’s staff knows how to handle players that lacks the physical attributes.

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Douglas cut, Johnson is back this week. 

We are apparently having Mark Barron LB in for a visit. 

I thought Douglas was going make the team as depth. He was bad on Saturday. Signing Hamilton might mean we weren't happy with Jones-Smith performance last week. Our backup OL looked like boo-boo. Seems like we only have 8 deep on OL if you include Martin, Simpson, and Parker as depth. should  be atleast 9 deep

Edited by Humble_Beast

17 hours ago, Turnobili said:

ugh. wonder what the $ difference is between what Wright wants and what we're offering

Assuming that Morrow doesn't miss significant time I'd guess that we're hesitant to pay him because we already have a ton of money invested into Morrow/Littleton/Kwit and Bradley only has 3 LB's on the field like 20% of the time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming that Morrow doesn't miss significant time I'd guess that we're hesitant to pay him because we already have a ton of money invested into Morrow/Littleton/Kwit and Bradley only has 3 LB's on the field like 20% of the time. 

That’s what a few of us having been saying for a while now. 

Hopefully the cutting of Lee is a sign that the injuries to Morrow and White ain’t so bad rather than how bad Lee is. 

edit; Lee has gone to IR and Stills has an injury so if he clears waivers he can be put on IR. 

Edited by Dessie

On 8/23/2021 at 6:11 PM, drfrey13 said:

I had/have high hopes for Arnette.  Hopefully last year was just a really rough patch for him and he lives up to his 1st round draft position.  

I think with regards to his man coverage, Arnette has skills for sure. He showed in college that he can be a really sticky cover guy but the questions revolve around his athleticism, maturity and professionalism and injuries at this point. He has struggled in zone and that may be something he can improve on with time, good coaching will help enormously and again just reading the game better and maturity may come too but he has a lot to work on to ever live up to his draft slot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think with regards to his man coverage, Arnette has skills for sure. He showed in college that he can be a really sticky cover guy but the questions revolve around his athleticism, maturity and professionalism and injuries at this point. He has struggled in zone and that may be something he can improve on with time, good coaching will help enormously and again just reading the game better and maturity may come too but he has a lot to work on to ever live up to his draft slot. 

yikes, at those Ferrell and Arnette picks

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yikes, at those Ferrell and Arnette picks

Ferrell I did like as a really solid prospect, though I preferred Sweat of course. Little different with him as I think he has shown flashes whereas Arnette is still really nothing as of right now. Ferrell is kind of what he is though, we all knew he wasn't a pass rush phenom and never would be a Von Miller type, we knew he was a solid, run stopping big end type.

Even with great coaching he's never going to be a flashy sacks guy and it's kind of a case of how much he is valued in this system we're running with Gus Bradley. A lot of guys, including myself thought he might be very good for the big LE Michael Bennett type role that Bradley has used in the past but it doesn't look like he's that valued at this moment in time. If that is the case moving forward and Bradley wants two smaller, specific pass rush guys then he's going to be a complete bust. If he can slot into that bigger end role he might be a good player for us. He'll never live up to his draft slot though and he's always been kind of set up to fail as Mack's replacement, those shoes were too big for him to fill.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Ferrell I did like as a really solid prospect, though I preferred Sweat of course. Little different with him as I think he has shown flashes whereas Arnette is still really nothing as of right now. Ferrell is kind of what he is though, we all knew he wasn't a pass rush phenom and never would be a Von Miller type, we knew he was a solid, run stopping big end type.

Even with great coaching he's never going to be a flashy sacks guy and it's kind of a case of how much he is valued in this system we're running with Gus Bradley. A lot of guys, including myself thought he might be very good for the big LE Michael Bennett type role that Bradley has used in the past but it doesn't look like he's that valued at this moment in time. If that is the case moving forward and Bradley wants two smaller, specific pass rush guys then he's going to be a complete bust. If he can slot into that bigger end role he might be a good player for us. He'll never live up to his draft slot though and he's always been kind of set up to fail as Mack's replacement, those shoes were too big for him to fill.

i never needed Mack, i needed good run defense and 6-8 sacks lol 

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i never needed Mack, i needed good run defense and 6-8 sacks lol 

Well, six to eight sacks is the absolute ceiling probably😬. I think most would be relatively happy with that considering....... I still think Ferrell can be a good player in the right system but whether our scheme right now is that is definitely debatable.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 10:11 AM, drfrey13 said:

I had/have high hopes for Arnette.  Hopefully last year was just a really rough patch for him and he lives up to his 1st round draft position.  

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think the biggest issue with Arnette is that he's small and slow. IIRC he's the only CB with 30" arms to run the 40 as slowly as he did and be picked in the first round. And he mentioned that he played most of last season at 175 pounds. He was one of the leaders in missed tackles despite missing 7 games for us and just looked lost most of the time. It's also funny that you mention his maturity because one of the reasons that we drafted him was because he was a 24 year old rookie that was supposedly pro ready. 

• Like 1