2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

He also had more off-season practices than Damon Arnette did is entire rookie season 

That's fine. Hobbs also has 31.5" arms and ran a 4.38 forty. It's just preseason so I won't put too much weight into it but he pops on film. The only time Arnette popped on film last season was when he was getting popped and ran over by someone. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's fine. Hobbs also has 31.5" arms and ran a 4.38 forty. It's just preseason so I won't put too much weight into it but he pops on film. The only time Arnette popped on film last season was when he was getting popped and ran over by someone. 

Arnette didn’t have a preseason to pop on film against second/3rd string QBs. 

Don’t get me wrong I love Hobbs & what he’s doing. Lol 

Edited by Jeremy408

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think the biggest issue with Arnette is that he's small and slow. IIRC he's the only CB with 30" arms to run the 40 as slowly as he did and be picked in the first round. And he mentioned that he played most of last season at 175 pounds. He was one of the leaders in missed tackles despite missing 7 games for us and just looked lost most of the time. It's also funny that you mention his maturity because one of the reasons that we drafted him was because he was a 24 year old rookie that was supposedly pro ready. 

If you recall the draft thread then I wasn't a fan of the pick at all, Johnson was my preferred pick and I think I said I rated Arnette as a 2nd/3rd round prospect because of those things and thought he'd be a better slot player. Obviously he's only had a very disrupted rookie season but it was very disappointing to see him come in as a 24 year-old rookie and have the lack of maturity and discipline as that was supposedly his big selling point as you say. He's got a lot of pressure on him to deliver after such a bad rookie year, whether that is fair or not. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think the biggest issue with Arnette is that he's small and slow. IIRC he's the only CB with 30" arms to run the 40 as slowly as he did and be picked in the first round. And he mentioned that he played most of last season at 175 pounds. He was one of the leaders in missed tackles despite missing 7 games for us and just looked lost most of the time. It's also funny that you mention his maturity because one of the reasons that we drafted him was because he was a 24 year old rookie that was supposedly pro ready. 

He was small last year.  @Jeremy408 posted a video where he says he is 20 lbs heavier this year.  He does have short arms but he is not slow.  There was a lot of talk after he was drafted that showed the timing at the combine was a glitch.  He is a 4.4 guy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

If you recall the draft thread then I wasn't a fan of the pick at all, Johnson was my preferred pick and I think I said I rated Arnette as a 2nd/3rd round prospect because of those things and thought he'd be a better slot player. Obviously he's only had a very disrupted rookie season but it was very disappointing to see him come in as a 24 year-old rookie and have the lack of maturity and discipline as that was supposedly his big selling point as you say. He's got a lot of pressure on him to deliver after such a bad rookie year, whether that is fair or not. 

I wanted him in the 2nd and agree about him playing the slot.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I know we saw him getting destroyed in real games. 

The problem is no matter what you say you can’t compare the two lol. 

One had an off-season The other didn’t

One had a preseason the other didn’t 

One had a really good defensive backs coach Who has a track record of developing pro bowlers and all pros the other didnt

One has A defensive coordinator that has had success with developing young players on defense the other one didn’t 

One didn’t have to play with a broken hand which affected his ability to lift weights let alone tackle The other one did

Trying to compare the two actually doesn’t make any sense LOL

42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

He was small last year.  @Jeremy408 posted a video where he says he is 20 lbs heavier this year.  He does have short arms but he is not slow.  There was a lot of talk after he was drafted that showed the timing at the combine was a glitch.  He is a 4.4 guy.

Even if Damon Arnette why is that slow. Casey Hayward is smaller and slower with the same length of arms and he was an all pro(under Gus Bradley I might add). I wonder how he would’ve done under gunther LOL

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem is no matter what you say you can’t compare the two lol. 

One had an off-season The other didn’t

One had a preseason the other didn’t 

One had a really good defensive backs coach Who has a track record of developing pro bowlers and all pros the other didnt

One has A defensive coordinator that has had success with developing young players on defense the other one didn’t 

One didn’t have to play with a broken hand which affected his ability to lift weights let alone tackle The other one did

Trying to compare the two actually doesn’t make any sense LOL

One was the 19th pick in the draft and one was the 167th pick in the draft. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Where a player was drafted has nothing to do with anything I said previously. Lol

Damon Arnette was a 1st round pick and Nate Hobbs was a 5th round pick. I'm not even referring to the preseason games just the buzz around camp and the depth chart. Hobbs will play more because he's better. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Even if Damon Arnette why is that slow. Casey Hayward is smaller and slower with the same length of arms and he was an all pro(under Gus Bradley I might add). I wonder how he would’ve done under gunther LOL

A lack of physical attributes increases the risk of a player being a bust.  Does not mean he will but increases the likelihood.  Size and speed does matter but they are not the only qualities you look for.  Arnette is not 175 pounds and does not run a 4.56 40.  He is a 195 and runs in the 4.4-4.45 range.  His only deficiency physically is arm length.