2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Raiders are putting a ton of faith into Ruggs, Edwards, James, and Leatherwood. Those 4 will be the keys for how good our offense is, imo. If all 4 are good then our offense will be really good but if they're not then we could struggle. 

They are all question marks and that is why I believe Carr's ability to elevate their game will be key.  He needs to develop a connection with the WRs and keep the defense on their heels to help the o-line.  If he can make the defense pay when then attack our line it will slow down the rush.  He needs to be willing to take off when the situation presents itself.  I was impressed when Mariota last year against the Chargers and Peterman had the offense looking good when he was taking taking off and running.  A Gruden offense looks good when a QB is willing to run.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Would assume the depth chart with the roster as it stands...

Offense

QB: Carr | Mariota | Peterman

RB: Jacobs | Drake | Richard

FB: Ingold

WR: Ruggs | Jones

WR: Edwards | Renfrow | Snead

TE: Waller | Moreau | Bowers 

LT: Miller | Parker

LG: Incognito | Simpson

C : James | Martin

RG: Good

RT: Leatherwood

Defense

DE: Crosby | Nassib | Koonce

DT: McCoy | Jefferson | Thomas 

DT: Hankins | Philon

DE: Yannick | Ferrell

LB: Littleton | Deablo

LB: Kwit | Perryman 

LB: Muse | Morrow* | White*

CB: Hayward | Arnette

CB: Mullen | Robertson

CB: Hobbs | Nixon

SS: Abram | Teamer

FS: Moehrig | Gillespie 

There is NO way Perryman is not the starter..if Morrow didn't get hurt Kwit probably would have bee cut

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

They are all question marks and that is why I believe Carr's ability to elevate their game will be key.  He needs to develop a connection with the WRs and keep the defense on their heels to help the o-line. 

Yeah as we've seen with Carr throughout his career he favors guys that he trusts, he'll need to trust Ruggs and Edwards this year. I think James/Leatherwood's ability to run block will also be huge because if they can then we'll likely get Jacobs/Drake a ton of touches and be able to keep defenses guessing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah as we've seen with Carr throughout his career he favors guys that he trusts, he'll need to trust Ruggs and Edwards this year. I think James/Leatherwood's ability to run block will also be huge because if they can then we'll likely get Jacobs/Drake a ton of touches and be able to keep defenses guessing. 

I have no doubt Leatherwood can run block. Andre James.... ehh

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I have no doubt Leatherwood can run block. Andre James.... ehh

I'm glad that we kept Nick Martin on the team as an insurance policy for him. Nick Martin played guard in college and early in his career with the Texans as well so he should provide good depth.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

When we place guys on IR, Richard for example, is it all season or short term? And does that free up cap? Also if the guys on short term IR come back that means we have to cut someone else, correct?

you have unlimited short term IR spots now. everybody that made the initial 53 is eligible. i do not believe you get cap relief. 

and yes, if you put 1 player on IR, and then sign another player to his spot, you would then have a cut a player to bring that player back from IR. normally teams sign guys off their practice squad with virtually no guarantees, so they can then waive them again without cap penalty

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1