2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

you have unlimited short term IR spots now. everybody that made the initial 53 is eligible. i do not believe you get cap relief. 

and yes, if you put 1 player on IR, and then sign another player to his spot, you would then have a cut a player to bring that player back from IR. normally teams sign guys off their practice squad with virtually no guarantees, so they can then waive them again without cap penalty

Gotcha. Seems weird that we brought back Richard. Hopefully we sign another OL and possibly KJ but that seems unlikely. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Gotcha. Seems weird that we brought back Richard. Hopefully we sign another OL and possibly KJ but that seems unlikely. 

I agree about Richard. I’m not too worried as we have Ragas and Emmons on the practise squad who can be activated and deactivated whenever the need is there. It’s just the money tied up in a player who, now we have Drake, seems kinda redundant.

KJ is simple to me. His ability to play all 3 downs has diminished (last season he came out in nickel), he wants to play as a starter and get paid like one and that is not the role he would have with us and we don’t have the money to pay him what he wants. Just not a compatible situation. Plus, we have brought in Perryman for depth now.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Mariota Peterman
RB Jacobs Drake Richard
FB Ingold    
WR Ruggs Jones  
WR Edwards    
Slot Renfrow Snead  
TE Waller Moreau Bowers
LT Miller Parker  
LG Richie Simpson  
C James Martin  
RG Good    
RT Leatherwood    
DE Max Ferrell  
UT Jefferson Philon  
NT Hankins McCoy Thomas
DE Yannick Nassib Koonce
WLB Littleton Deablo  
MLB Kwiatkoski Perryman  
SLB Wright Muse White
CB Heyward Arnette   
CB Mullen Nixon  
Slot Hobbs Lawson  
FS Moehrig Teamer  
SS Abram Gillespie  
K Carlson    
P Cole    
LS Sieg

silver= rookie

red= free agents/trade/

updated; I can see Nixon, White, Morrow going on IR soon to make way for KJ and maybe we sign another guy or 2?

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

There ya go. There’s the back up RT, meaning that Parker can stick to backing up at LT where is is more comfortable.

Roster has very few major holes you’d have to say. Seems to be a bit more cohesion with what the FO have done recently

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

I'm surprised that none of Ragas/Emmons are on the active roster while Richard is out. Seemed more natural than Leavitt. 

If the rule is the same as last year, they can activate up to 2 players from the PS on gameday. 

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

If the rule is the same as last year, they can activate up to 2 players from the PS on gameday. 

good point, i hadn't that of that. and it looks like those rules have also carried over. you can still only have up to 48 active players on game day, but you can have a pool of 55 guys, your normal 53 + 2 from PS

• Like 1

that tackle is solid, nice underrated move. He can also kick inside, I actually thought he was an option to pick up as startingRT when free agency started. we are making all the right moves on paper. Only one move I didn't like was Joseph but that is nitpicking, prolly saved money for Wright. what happened to Madre Harper

23 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

that tackle is solid, nice underrated move. He can also kick inside, I actually thought he was an option to pick up as startingRT when free agency started. we are making all the right moves on paper. Only one move I didn't like was Joseph but that is nitpicking, prolly saved money for Wright. what happened to Madre Harper

That’s what I found out this morning. Definitely a good pick up. I feel completely comfortable with that guy at the back up right tackle and Brandon Parker as the back of left tackle

So week 1 depth chart is...

Offense

QB: Carr | Mariota | Peterman

RB: Jacobs | Drake | Barber

FB: Ingold

WR: Ruggs 

WR: Edwards | Jones

WR: Renfrow | Snead

TE: Waller | Moreau | Carrier | Bowers

LT: Miller | Parker

LG: Incognito | Simpson

C : James | Martin

RG: Good 

RT: Leatherwood | Eluemunor

Defense

DE: Crosby | Nassib | Koonce

DT: McCoy | Jefferson

DT: Hankins | Philon | Thomas

DE: Yannick | Ferrell

WLB: Littleton | Deablo 

MLB: Perryman | Kwiatkowski 

SLB: Wright | Muse

CB: Hayward | Arnette

CB: Mullen | Robertson

CB: Hobbs

SS: Abram | Gillespie | Leavitt

FS: Moehrig | Teamer

Some notes: 

• Thin and inexperienced WR group, the staff took a leap of faith in Edwards/Ruggs and we're going to need them to play well this year. 

• Offensive line is young but I like the versatility of our depth. Martin can play G/C, Good can play G/RT, Parker can play RT/LT, Leatherwood can play T/G, and Eluemunor can play G/RT. 

• We'll need McCoy to step up but we have a pretty deep defensive line group, ideally McCoy, Philon, Jefferson, and Thomas can generate some pressure up the middle. I also think that Philon, Thomas, and Ferrell can play inside or outside. 

• Our LB group is looking as good as it has in the last decade. Perryman is a missile that should be a good two down player, KJ Wright played well at SLB last season, and I have faith Littleton will bounce back under Gus. Kwit as our primary backup and Morrow (if he gets back soon) is another excellent depth option. 

• DB group is very boom/bust. Hayward looked like he lost a step last season and if he doesn't play well we'll need Arnette to play well. Hobbs looked good in preseason but he's a 5th round rookie that will likely start. Abram has been bad thus far but I'm hopeful he'll play better in a box safety role. And obviously Moehrig has a ton of potential but he's going to have to ply well in single high as a rookie. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Some notes: 

• Thin and inexperienced WR group, the staff took a leap of faith in Edwards/Ruggs and we're going to need them to play well this year. 

• Offensive line is young but I like the versatility of our depth. Martin can play G/C, Good can play G/RT, Parker can play RT/LT, Leatherwood can play T/G, and Eluemunor can play G/RT. 

• We'll need McCoy to step up but we have a pretty deep defensive line group, ideally McCoy, Philon, Jefferson, and Thomas can generate some pressure up the middle. I also think that Philon, Thomas, and Ferrell can play inside or outside. 

• Our LB group is looking as good as it has in the last decade. Perryman is a missile that should be a good two down player, KJ Wright played well at SLB last season, and I have faith Littleton will bounce back under Gus. Kwit as our primary backup and Morrow (if he gets back soon) is another excellent depth option. 

• DB group is very boom/bust. Hayward looked like he lost a step last season and if he doesn't play well we'll need Arnette to play well. Hobbs looked good in preseason but he's a 5th round rookie that will likely start. Abram has been bad thus far but I'm hopeful he'll play better in a box safety role. And obviously Moehrig has a ton of potential but he's going to have to ply well in single high as a rookie. 

Pretty much sums it up. Alot of potential and hope, need to make it happen. Not a perfect team, but we have the talent.