2021 Raider Depth Chart

On 9/2/2021 at 3:52 AM, reddevil said:

I agree about Richard. I’m not too worried as we have Ragas and Emmons on the practise squad who can be activated and deactivated whenever the need is there. It’s just the money tied up in a player who, now we have Drake, seems kinda redundant.

KJ is simple to me. His ability to play all 3 downs has diminished (last season he came out in nickel), he wants to play as a starter and get paid like one and that is not the role he would have with us and we don’t have the money to pay him what he wants. Just not a compatible situation. Plus, we have brought in Perryman for depth now.

KJ Wright played on 86% of defensive snaps last year. He played in nickel. Came out on dime (Wagner was their one dime backer). They played more dime because of Jamal Adams’ versatility. 

Edited by Turnobili
On 9/4/2021 at 7:47 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Pretty much sums it up. Alot of potential and hope, need to make it happen. Not a perfect team, but we have the talent. 

Young offensive line, receivers, and secondary will all have to step up for us to be good. 

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

always felt like Ragas had the advantage over Emmons. not surprised to see Emmons cut. i'm more surprised that we signed Barber instead of promoting Ragas

Aren't the PS rules pretty loose with how guys can be called up and down? Probably figured we could stash him and play him if needed.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

For the record, I'm biased but I think Kwit starts over Perryman at ILB. He's definitely a better coverage player and still isn't bad at all vs the run.

Isn't Kwit banged up?

R-J: As it relates to the offense, Henry Ruggs and Bryan Edwards are a couple of young receivers that need to take steps forward. How have they looked?

JG: Ruggs and Edwards are still young guys. It’s the first time they’ve had a full training camp, a full offseason program. People have to realize the best receiver on this team is a super freak named Darren Waller. And he’s not a tight end. He’s catching passes at X, where Edwards plays. He’s catching passes at Z, where Ruggs plays.

With Henry, you have to remember the name Cliff Branch. Pro Football Focus wasn’t around then to say he only had 50 catches. But he ripped the stinkin’ deep end of the coverage off. And it was better for Dave Casper and Fred Biletnikoff.

Part of the reason Waller has explosive plays is because of Ruggs. He’s a threat with or without the ball. And I believe Bryan has a chance to be a special player. He’s got to stay healthy. And I don’t want to discount Hunter Renfrow or Zay Jones or Willie Snead. We’re going to use them all.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

Anybody concerned that Incognito is still not at practice?  This was my big red flag with him.  He is a great player and we got a good deal on the contract but this is concerning to me after last year and his age.

Perryman over Kwit is interesting... Gus must really not like Kwit, but they keep restructuring him so he's not going anywhere next year either.

otherwise, I really hope McCoy can emerge and be the clear starting 3tec. really dont think Jefferson has enough juice to be the primary guy, though he'd be excellent as part of the rotation

dont like that we're keeping 4TE (i dont see how Bowers helps us win) and 5S (Leavitt shouldn't be on the roster...). i think its wild that we have as many safeties as corners on the roster 

Edited by Turnobili
4 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Perryman over Kwit is interesting... Gus must really not like Kwit, but they keep restructuring him so he's not going anywhere next year either.

otherwise, I really hope McCoy can emerge and be the clear starting 3tec. really dont think Jefferson has enough juice to be the primary guy, though he'd be excellent as part of the rotation

Perryman is more of a thumper in the run game, I don't think either plays a ton though. Littleton/Wright will be 3-down LB's with those two rotating in when we're in our base defense. 

I think McCoy will eventually be the starter but he missed last season and probably needs to get into game shape.