2021 Raider Depth Chart

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Perryman is more of a thumper in the run game, I don't think either plays a ton though. Littleton/Wright will be 3-down LB's with those two rotating in when we're in our base defense. 

I think McCoy will eventually be the starter but he missed last season and probably needs to get into game shape. 

it's been a month since we signed McCoy...

24 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

it's been a month since we signed McCoy...

Gerald McCoy hasn't played in an NFL game in 609 days.

And boy, did it feel good for the six-time Pro Bowler to step back on the field.

"Today was my first real reps. I took a few of my first practice reps this week and have been getting reps here and there but today it was like, 'Throw him in the fire,'" McCoy said postgame. "It felt great. My legs felt great, no pain in the knee. Knocking the rust off felt really good. I was just back in my element."

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

Hate when teams do that Or with the depth chart. Just a way to not officially pick a starter in that position If Perryman plays over Kwait. That would be a shocker and really tell you how they feel about him. 

Edited by agarcia34
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

E-uE0PoUUAEYNRu?format=jpg&name=large

Things that stand out

-The Elumenor guy is that guard

-Brandon Parker as a swing tackle

-Darius Philon as the nose tackle. That will be interesting on third down

-KJ Wright is the only SLB on the roster(like a muse was before KJ got there)

-Still no definitive starter at 3T(McCoy not in shape yet)

-Still no definitive starter at MLB(pretty clear they prize speed at the position on the account that Nick Morrow was a definitive starter as soon as he was resigned)

-it’s dope to see Gillespie backing up Jonathan Abram(he better stay healthy or he may not come back to a starting job) 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Things that stand out

I think Elumenor will be similar to Denzel Good for us, IIRC he started 8 games at RT for the Patriots last season so he's a guy that can step into multiple positions in a pinch if needed. 

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Malcolm Koonce could potentially play some SLB, isn't it kind of similar to playing 3-4 OLB?

SLB, particularly in this scheme, requires a guy to be a run stuffer. koonce is awful against the run. you cant just look at height/weight and say that he has the general dimensions of a SLB. 

Edited by Turnobili
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think Elumenor will be similar to Denzel Good for us, IIRC he started 8 games at RT for the Patriots last season so he's a guy that can step into multiple positions in a pinch if needed. 

thats the hope. Based on his résumé he's the type that you keep around

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Things that stand out

-Darius Philon as the nose tackle. That will be interesting on third down

-KJ Wright is the only SLB on the roster(like a muse was before KJ got there)

-Still no definitive starter at 3T(McCoy not in shape yet)

-Still no definitive starter at MLB(pretty clear they prize speed at the position on the account that Nick Morrow was a definitive starter as soon as he was resigned)

-it’s dope to see Gillespie backing up Jonathan Abram(he better stay healthy or he may not come back to a starting job) 

• Elumenor might get a sneaky shot to start at LG if Simpson flops and Richie stays down. Kinda wish we atleast look at more guards 
  • I think Nicky and Jefferson start game one but we be in a short leash. I expect McCoy and Perryman to start by the end of the month
  • I always thought Gillespie was brought in to challenge Abram. Abram play wild and kept getting hurt. They wanted Abram to reach his potential, and competition brings out the best in people
  • overall I like the depth chart. I really like those last second adds of Barber, the OL, and LB from the Ravens, and of course Perryman and KJ
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:
  • Elumenor might get a sneaky shot to start at LG if Simpson flops and Richie stays down. Kinda wish we atleast look at more guards 
  • I think Nicky and Jefferson start game one but we be in a short leash. I expect McCoy and Perryman to start by the end of the month
  • I always thought Gillespie was brought in to challenge Abram. Abram play wild and kept getting hurt. They wanted Abram to reach his potential, and competition brings out the best in people
  • overall I like the depth chart. I really like those last second adds of Barber, the OL, and LB from the Ravens, and of course Perryman and KJ

- I feel like the three technique position it's gonna be one of those things were when it's Monday night football and it read the starters it's gonna say Quinton Jefferson but while the reading queen Jefferson's name you're going to see Gerald McCoy on the field lol

-I really like Gilispie. I also like the Abram is put on notice. 

-They look pretty set at LB

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

- I feel like the three technique position it's gonna be one of those things were when it's Monday night football and it read the starters it's gonna say Quinton Jefferson but while the reading queen Jefferson's name you're going to see Gerald McCoy on the field lol

On paper on defense has come a long way in one offseason. Feels like we actually have a shot at getting some stops, speed at all levels, should be better at getting to the QB. Lbs look solid, DBS are young and shouldn't be bad, edge should be solid. Hopefully McCoy or Thomas come through. I think we one offseason away from the defense actually being good, crazy to think. One more defense heavy draft 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

On paper on defense has come a long way in one offseason. Feels like we actually have a shot at getting some stops, speed at all levels, should be better at getting to the QB. Lbs look solid, DBS are young and shouldn't be bad, edge should be solid. Hopefully McCoy or Thomas come through. I think we one offseason away from the defense actually being good, crazy to think. One more defense heavy draft 

simpler defense should also help

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

simpler defense should also help

As I said in the other thread Bradley's defenses allowed 30+ 11 times in 64 games, we allowed 30+ points in 10 games last season. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Bradley has emphasized all off-season that we're going to use all 10 of our defensive linemen to keep guys fresh. McCoy will be the starter sooner rather than later, just needs to get into game shape. Really wouldn't be surprised to see Deablo getting some snaps in the SS/LB rover role as well.