2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah it's difficult to make pro comps for quarterbacks. Not even in terms of playing style, I compared Lawerence to Luck as they were both guys who were viewed as consensus #1 players and generational prospects. Luck struggled with injuries but they had a winning season every year he was healthy, he was a 4x Pro Bowler, and at his peak he was throwing for 4,500 yards and 40 TD. 

Luck had the penchant to be incredibly inconsistent though. He had a couple of pretty good years, a great year or 2, but also some very average play. 

He's a strange case given the early retirement. He probably eventually justifies the #1 pick status, comparatively speaking, but his overall play rarely matched the incredible hype he received coming into the league. 

Edited by ronjon1990

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

But I digress, that's going into a different discussion. My main point is every time a QB is hailed as a franchise's "savior", it proves to be fools gold. You're right, it's very much impacted by bad circumstances. But it's also a matter of them being so overhyped ahead of time that it's practically a foregone conclusion that "he's gonna be the one who bucks the trend". Yet over and over thus far, we've seen them change circumstances only to continue not being very good. 

We'll get to see if Wentz, Goff, Winston, or Darnold can do it this season. 

Luck had the penchant to be incredibly inconsistent though. He had a couple of pretty good years, a great year or 2, but also some very average play. 

He's a strange case given the early retirement. He probably eventually justifies the #1 pick status, comparatively speaking, but his overall play rarely matched the incredible hype he received coming into the league. 

They went from being a 2-14 team the year before he arrived to an 11-5 team that made the playoffs over his first 3 seasons, he got hurt in year 4 and 6. But every season he played the majority of their games they had a winning record and over his last 3 seasons (when healthy) he was one of the better QB's in the league. Passing for 4,761 yards/40 TD, 4,240 yards/31 TD, 4,593 yards/39 TD. He always just had a meh running game, defense, and offensive line throughout his career. 

But I digress, that's going into a different discussion. My main point is every time a QB is hailed as a franchise's "savior", it proves to be fools gold. 

It is pretty crazy that the only two QB's selected #1 overall to win a Super Bowl in the modern era are Peyton and Eli. And the only QB's selected #1 that have won an MVP are Peyton and Cam Newton and I believe Matt Ryan is the only other QB that was the first QB taken in his class to win an MVP.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I see it as Martin at RG and Good at RT if Parker steps up great but right now I doubt it.

Martin has started/played exclusively at C during his career. 

If the season started tomorrow I'd assume that our starting OL would be: Miller - Incognito - James - Simpson - Good

6 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I see it as Martin at RG and Good at RT if Parker steps up great but right now I doubt it.

ya I think we brought Martin in as interior depth. More so as a center, but probably as a guard too. No doubt we draft a tackle, and I think Good is starting based on salary. 

On 4/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, Humble_Beast said:

ya I think we brought Martin in as interior depth. More so as a center, but probably as a guard too. No doubt we draft a tackle, and I think Good is starting based on salary. 

I'm not sure Martin makes the team and played exclusively at C in Houston.

On 4/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, Humble_Beast said:

he's not a lock at all, but he lack any type of OL depth. his chances looking good now 

That's why giving James an extension made zero sense. Martin started every game during his first 4 years in Houston and was pretty good in pass blocking. I would've preferred to let those two battle for the starting job instead of just handing it to James. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's why giving James an extension made zero sense. Martin started every game during his first 4 years in Houston and was pretty good in pass blocking. I would've preferred to let those two battle for the starting job instead of just handing it to James. 

James might have been beastin in practice