2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

let’s look at the roster differences by playing a game of would you rather?
Offensive Differences

#2 running back: Devonta Booker or Kenyan Drake?

Veteran Wide Receiver: Nelson Aguilar or John Brown?

Center: Rodney Hudson or Andre James? 

Left Guard: Denzel good(Richie incognito didn't play last year) or Richie incognito?

Right Guard: Gabe Jackson or Denzel Good?

Right Tackle: Sam young(Trent Brown didn't really play last year) or Alex Leatherwood?

Defensive Differences

Defensive end: Max Crosby or Yannick Ngakoue?

Third down pass rusher: Arden key or Max Crosby?

3 technique defensive tackles: Malik collins/Maurice hurst/David Irving(straight out of retirement) or Solomon Thomas/Darius Philon(hasn't played football in two years)/ Quinton Jefferson/ David Irving(with a full off-season to get in shape)?

Linebackers: Cory Littleton/ Nick Morrow/Nick Kwiatkoski(under DC Paul Guenther and LB coach David Lippicott) or Cory Littleton/ Nick Morrow/Nick Kwiatkoski(under DC Gus Bradley and LB coach Richard Smith)?

Cornerbacks: Trayvon Mullen/ Damon Arnette(With the defensive line we had last year) or Trayvon Mullen/Casey Hayward(With the defensive line we have this year)?

Jonathan Abrams: In an interchangeable safety role(with the no possibility that anyone can take his job) or in a strictly box safety role(with the possibility that Gilespie can take his job?

Free Safety: Jeff Heath/Erik Harris or Trayvon Moehrig?

I'm curious to know your guys thoughts.

I really think we upgraded the team a lot over last year. The Raiders made big pickups at the weakest positions DE, RT and FS. The Raiders are gonna rotate the D-lineman to keep everybody fresh which is gonna be a huge step up from last year. I always thought the reason the Raiders faded at the end of the year the last 2 seasons was because we didn't have the depth and we over used a lot of players

56 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I really think we upgraded the team a lot over last year. The Raiders made big pickups at the weakest positions DE, RT and FS. The Raiders are gonna rotate the D-lineman to keep everybody fresh which is gonna be a huge step up from last year. I always thought the reason the Raiders faded at the end of the year the last 2 seasons was because we didn't have the depth and we over used a lot of players

I think the reason why most people don’t see the actual improvements in terms of talent is because they don’t look at what we got this year in comparison to what we actually had last year at each spot there’s a difference

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Mariota Peterman      
RB Jacobs Drake Richard Riddick Ragas  
FB Ingold Groshek        
WR Ruggs Edwards Ateman      
WR Brown Jones Quinn Turner    
Slot Renfrow Snead Stoner Scott     
TE Waller Moreau Carrier Bushman  Bowers Williams
LT Miller Parker        
LG Richie Good Cotton      
C James Martin Morissey Magnuson    
RG Simpson Seymour Harrell      
RT Leatherwood Jones-Smith Hamilton      
DE Ferrell Max Dickerson      
UT Jefferson Thomas Vickers Stills    
NT Hankins Irving Philon Scott    
DE Yannick Nassib Koonce G Green    
WLB Littleton Deablo Richardson      
MLB Kwiatkoski Muse Bilil      
SLB Morrow White Onwualu      
CB Heyward Johnson Nixon Siverand    
CB Mullen Douglas Hobbs Morrison    
Slot Arnette Robertson Lawson      
FS Joseph Moehrig  R Gaulden      
SS Abram Gillespie Crawford Leavitt    
K Carlson Eberle        
P Cole      

*red= players  added in free agency

silver= rookies

update, only filler I see:  Scott, Leavitt, Harell, Scott

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Mariota Peterman      
RB Jacobs Drake Richard Riddick Ragas  
FB Ingold Groshek        
WR Ruggs Edwards Ateman      
WR Brown Jones Quinn Turner    
Slot Renfrow Snead Stoner Scott     
TE Waller Moreau Carrier Bushman  Bowers Williams
LT Miller Parker        
LG Richie Good Cotton      
C James Martin Morissey Magnuson    
RG Simpson Seymour Omameh Harrell    
RT Leatherwood Jones-Smith Hamilton      
DE Ferrell Max Dickerson      
UT Jefferson Thomas Vickers      
NT Hankins Philon Stills Scott    
DE Yannick Nassib Koonce G Green    
WLB Littleton Deablo Richardson      
MLB Kwiatkoski Muse Bilil      
SLB Morrow White Onwualu      
CB Heyward Johnson Nixon Siverand    
CB Mullen Douglas Hobbs Morrison    
Slot Arnette Robertson Lawson      
FS Joseph Moehrig  R Gaulden      
SS Abram Gillespie Crawford Leavitt    
K Carlson Eberle        
P Cole          
LS Sieg McCullough    

*red= players  added in free agency

silver= rookies

Raiders brought back Omameh, probably makes the time as a backup guard. 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:04 AM, big_palooka said:

They do and they don't. But none of them are going to elevate into A level talents imo

The only young defensive player we have that I think can make a significant leap into a Pro Bowl level player is Maxx Crosby. He has elite physical tools and has been productive on a bad defensive line while being pretty raw from a technique stand point. Mullen could also develop into a solid starter but I don't think he'll ever be elite. I've lost hope in Ferrell and Abram.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The only young defensive player we have that I think can make a significant leap into a Pro Bowl level player is Maxx Crosby. He has elite physical tools and has been productive on a bad defensive line while being pretty raw from a technique stand point. Mullen could also develop into a solid starter but I don't think he'll ever be elite. I've lost hope in Ferrell and Abram.

I think Ngakoue and Hayward will go along way in the development of Crosby and Mullen

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think Ngakoue and Hayward will go along way in the development of Crosby and Mullen

Great point, I think Mullen can take a decent size leap in terms of his development. It's going to help a lot having more physical players on the team that's for sure. 

I think if the young guys finally get some good coaching along with an understanding of what the DC is trying to do it will have a magnifying affect on ever players individual improvements.  When they gel and trust each other we should see a big jump in the production of the defense.  If we had a good DC from day one with Gruden the defense might be better than the offense this year.  We have had 10 picks on defense since Gruden got here.  No reason why it should not have been an above average defense other than Gruden holding onto Guenther.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:04 PM, KlenlyKenny said:

Great point, I think Mullen can take a decent size leap in terms of his development. It's going to help a lot having more physical players on the team that's for sure. 

Our defenses success hinges on if Moehrig is the real deal and if our pass rush can improve, imo. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our defenses success hinges on if Moehrig is the real deal and if our pass rush can improve, imo. 

I can see Maxx Crosby and Yannick Ngakoue being the starting defensive ends with Clelin Ferrell and Solomon Thomas backing up both spots. Still needs some improvement for sure, hopefully Malcom Koonce can make his way into the rotation early, even if it's just in passing situations. 

1 hour ago, KlenlyKenny said:

I can see Maxx Crosby and Yannick Ngakoue being the starting defensive ends with Clelin Ferrell and Solomon Thomas backing up both spots. Still needs some improvement for sure, hopefully Malcom Koonce can make his way into the rotation early, even if it's just in passing situations. 

IIRC Thomas said he signed with us because we're going to use him at DT.

From the vids posted this week, the OL looked like this:

LT: Miller/Jones-Smith/Hamilton

LG: Incognito/Cotton/Harrell

OC: James/Martin/Morrissey

RG: Good/Simpson/Omameh

RT: Leatherwood/Parker

Parker was at LT and Jones-Smith at RT the previous week so they're probably giving them reps at both spots. Magnuson wasn't at OTAs and has now been replaced by Young on the roster. They didn't need 4 OCs but one more OT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

From the vids posted this week, the OL looked like this:

LT: Miller/Jones-Smith/Hamilton

LG: Incognito/Cotton/Harrell

OC: James/Martin/Morrissey

RG: Good/Simpson/Omameh

RT: Leatherwood/Parker

Parker was at LT and Jones-Smith at RT the previous week so they're probably giving them reps at both spots. Magnuson wasn't at OTAs and has now been replaced by Young on the roster. They didn't need 4 OCs but one more OT.

I'm really hoping Simpson can beat out Good because that would mean he's clearly taken a big step because while Good isn't some great player, he's pretty solid. 

However, it may be a huge long shot simply because Good is a solid player and has Startin experience. As nice as it would be to see a young draft pick push for playing time, the idea of the C, RG, and RT all having basically zero NFL starting experience could end very very badly.