On 2/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, Beavis said:

Never saw this thread before tonight. Hodag1993 on Chess.com if any of you guys or gals wanna play sometime. I'm infuriatingly inconsistant but I love playing.

What is your rating?

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

What is your rating?

604 with an about a 900 puzzle ratong. Working on endgames currently. Not many people are better at finding weird ways to lose in winning positions.

• Like 1
Just now, Beavis said:

604 with an about a 900 puzzle ratong. Working on endgames currently. Not many people are better at finding weird ways to lose in winning positions.

We can play if you want.  You should hook up with @Fresh Prince too, his rating is more in line with yours.  You guys have similar avatars too lol.  

On 2/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, fretgod99 said:

What’s everyone doing to get better? I’m trying to play a lot of games with the same opening. Daily and rapid tournaments are good. I can’t process fast enough for blitz or bullet to do me any good.

Working on endgames and slowly working through Kasparov's MasterClass

11 hours ago, Beavis said:

I had MKnight in checkmate and didn’t see it, ended up losing lol

12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I had MKnight in checkmate and didn’t see it, ended up losing lol

Man I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've missed mate in 1. I'd be loaded up to my eyeballs.

1 really good game against @MKnight82 before blundering into mate in 2 in the end game. 2nd one got my preferred Kings Indian setup and just butchered the game quickly afterwords

Edit: Just analyzed the 2nd game. Was actually okay before attack the queen a couple turns too late.

Edited by Beavis
14 hours ago, Beavis said:

1 really good game against @MKnight82 before blundering into mate in 2 in the end game. 2nd one got my preferred Kings Indian setup and just butchered the game quickly afterwords

Edit: Just analyzed the 2nd game. Was actually okay before attack the queen a couple turns too late.

Ya a couple of good games so far.  You seem to be stronger in the early and mid game portion than end game where you get in trouble.  You also swap a lot which pushes the game to end game faster.  My suggestion would be to stop swapping so much cause you get me in more trouble when you have more pieces to use Imo.  Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...