18 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Candidates Tournament picks back up on Monday. Started last year and was postponed after round 7 due to COVID.

IIRC Ding Liren is the only one with a winning record vs Magnus so im pulling for him though I expect Magnus to retain his title.

My chess friend recently moved away, I should get online and play. It's been forever.

unrelated note: I was ADDICTED to online Risk back in college. I spent SO much time playing online Risk it was embarrassing lol

On 4/18/2021 at 7:49 AM, Beavis said:

IIRC Ding Liren is the only one with a winning record vs Magnus so im pulling for him though I expect Magnus to retain his title.

I’m pulling for Fabi. He was pretty close to winning in 2018.

He won today, too. So it’s really tight at the top of the standings.

5/8 for Nepo

4.5/8 for both Fabi and MVL.

On 4/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, incognito_man said:

My chess friend recently moved away, I should get online and play. It's been forever.

unrelated note: I was ADDICTED to online Risk back in college. I spent SO much time playing online Risk it was embarrassing lol

oh man, i used to play the crap out of online Risk years ago too. was this pogo.com? lol

On 4/18/2021 at 6:12 PM, incognito_man said:

chess.com app is free

20 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Nepo sealed it. 1 point lead with 1 round to do, and he owns the tiebreaker over Giri.

Nepo wins, then promptly gets his butt handed to him in the final round.