Rumor: Raiders pursuing a 3 team deal to acquire Dehshaun Watson

NYRaider

I can see Watson trade value being less then what people think because of the no trade clause. He can take out most teams he doesn't want to join and cherry pick the ones he does.  Meaning the amount Texans can ask will be less.

Wouldn't be surprised if three 1sts and a 2nd would be enough. Probably throw in Mariota too.  They get a cheap bridge QB with upside.

Two 1sts for Carr seems a bit steep but could happen. People compare it to Stafford and they got an extra 1st because of Goff contract. 

Carr is younger, healthier, cheaper and arguably better in recent years. People overhyped Stafford recently he couldn't get it done with good defenses and Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate.   Lions also wanted the trade. They had to take the Goff contract but they have the upside of a SB QB as a Bridge QB. Rams needed to move him for Space, Lions probably wanted him and was more them happy to take the extra 1st. 

Could see a trade that's 1st and 2nd for Carr. Add this year and next years 1sts for Watson. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

and Bill Gates is working for the elite to control the world... non story, fake news for click bait

Probably but at the same time, Gruden knows he's going to have Mahomes and Herbert in the division. Can't have comfortably 3rd best QB in the division and expect to compete, especially with our defense and being an offense first team. 

• Like 1

Now we are going to have this conversation.  It all depends on what we give up.  I think Carr and Watson will cost almost the same amount cap wise over the next five years and Watson is the better player but I would not be happy giving up 2-3 extra 1st rounders.  The draft capital is needed to fix the defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Now we are going to have this conversation.  It all depends on what we give up.  I think Carr and Watson will cost almost the same amount cap wise over the next five years and Watson is the better player but I would not be happy giving up 2-3 extra 1st rounders.  The draft capital is needed to fix the defense.

Watson is 25 though and you can build a defense over several years. Watson is one of the only four elite quarterbacks in the NFL, along with Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson. Nothing comes even close to as important as having an Elite QB. If you can get Watson for Carr and a couple 1sts, couple 2nds, and a player like Abram, then you do it without thinking.  

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruhhhhh why would you make this thread lol every year they sware we trading carr and we never do. 

Agreed. I’ll believe it when I see it. Every damn year rumors and nothing. I hope it happens though. 

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I was watching a show with Mitchell Renz and he stated that a trade for Watson would be cheaper on our cap next season instead of Carr. I'll have to find the clip.

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I was watching a show with Mitchell Renz and he stated that a trade for Watson would be cheaper on our cap next season instead of Carr. I'll have to find the clip.

He would only cost $10 million but the rest of his contract would be 5 years $146 million.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Watson is 25 though and you can build a defense over several years. Watson is one of the only four elite quarterbacks in the NFL, along with Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson. Nothing comes even close to as important as having an Elite QB. If you can get Watson for Carr and a couple 1sts, couple 2nds, and a player like Abram, then you do it without thinking.   

I understand what you are saying but I would not put Watson in the Mahomes, Rodgers,  and Wilson class.  He is about half between Carr and those players.  Hopkins is better than any receiver Carr has ever had and you could even make that argument for Fuller although I would put him top 4.  Maybe Watson becomes elite by getting away from the Texans but I believe the picks plus Carr could help the team out just as much as Watson.  Really would come down to how well we draft but Mayock shown has shown he is only a slight upgrade to Reggie McKenzie in the opening round.  Who knows.

I personally think it's b.s. BUT I do have a few opinions on it. 

1) people who don't think Carr will pull at least 2 firsts are just blinded by Carr hate. It only takes ONE team. And I have always liked Carr better than Stafford. I have actually always thought Stafford was extremely overrated.

2) where there is smoke there is fire. This old saying is true. Bonsignore or however you spell his name wouldn't just pull this out of thin air.

3) I thought the Mack trade rumors were b.s. the first few days.

4) lastly who cares? I am not a Carr fan I am a Raiders fan. If they trade him or cut him or keep him I am pulling for this team PERIOD. Always have always will. 

WIN, LOSE OR TIE. RAIDER TILL I DIE!!

Edited by BigD1123
  • Like 4

I don't care how much it costs, you never get the opportunity to add a 25 years old elite QB. It might not make a huge difference right away but long term the Raiders would be much more likely to become perennial contenders with Watson than Carr. I'm all for it.

• Like 4