Jump to content

Superbowl - what do you want?


Superbowl wish....  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. TB vs KC

    • I want Tom and the Bucs to get another one
    • Hope the Chiefs win
    • Don't care either way


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The real question now is going to be what BB is thinking. Is he going to say Brady didn't do anything and it was all the defense? Is the "uncharacteristically aggressive": offseason we have been hearing about going to mean making poor decisions and and overpaying to be relevant while Brady is in the league but going into the gutter without another championship in a couple years?  I think this makes it even more likely that BB offers Godwin a lot of money this offseason to make Tampa worse ( even though I think they would do just fine without him given how many weapons they have). 

Im sorry what? If anything BB is happy for him. Has BB ever struck you as a petty man? Or even someone who gives a flying F what everyone thinks of him? BB will continue to do what he believes is best for this franchise no matter what Brady does. Dude is not the sentimental type. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for a close one or better game too. I texted my buddy, he's excited for his Bucs. I was like "Tom and that defensive got you that ring, stand the **** up bucs fans!" I'm happy for him/tom and gronk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

BB Petty? ... Yes, yes I think that.  He is still the best coach of all time but his arrogance has hurt him multiple times ( handling of Malcom Butler, Gronk, Brady to name a few). The only way BB is happy right now is if he is saying "You're welcome Tampa, I made him into what he is today". 

Former players have stated all the time that he is arrogant, petty, holds grudges from contract negotiations, etc. Ninkovich laughs about it almost weekly in interviews. Brady is going to want to blow out the Patriots next season .. and I can see BB wanting to do everything possible to avoid that from happening and get back in the playoffs. I really just hope he doesn't trade away the future for that to happen. 

BB pushed Brady out the door.. he claims it was because the team had no money and they went all in year after year.. but we all know the truth is he didn't want to pay Brady 25 million a year. I understand not wanting to give a long term deal to an over 40 year old player.. but Brady cared about the $=respect factor.. a 2 year deal wouldn't have killed the franchise, especially if spread out over multiple years. He wanted his perceived value (when he's the highest paid in the league lol), and believed that Brady didn't have it in him to go somewhere else which is why he had no backup plan at QB. Brady did what was best for him, I don't blame him for that..

 

0 chance he wins a super bowl if he stayed in New England this year.. the offense just wasn't good enough and the defense fell apart from opt outs. BB has always been known to get rid of a player a year early than a year late.. will be interesting if he believes Brady is going to fall off a cliff this offseason for that to be the case. 

 

BB's drafting got the team to where it is today.. 5+ straight mediocre drafts left the team lacking talent wise to the point where Brady couldn't cover it up anymore. 2 offseasons in a row BB called a players bluff and they left ( Gronk & Brady). I can't help but imagine what last year could have been if Gronk and AB had been there.. they honestly could have competed for a championship with a better offense. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

BB Petty? ... Yes, yes I think that.  He is still the best coach of all time but his arrogance has hurt him multiple times ( handling of Malcom Butler, Gronk, Brady to name a few). The only way BB is happy right now is if he is saying "You're welcome Tampa, I made him into what he is today". 

Former players have stated all the time that he is arrogant, petty, holds grudges from contract negotiations, etc. Ninkovich laughs about it almost weekly in interviews. Brady is going to want to blow out the Patriots next season .. and I can see BB wanting to do everything possible to avoid that from happening and get back in the playoffs. I really just hope he doesn't trade away the future for that to happen. 

BB pushed Brady out the door.. he claims it was because the team had no money and they went all in year after year.. but we all know the truth is he didn't want to pay Brady 25 million a year. I understand not wanting to give a long term deal to an over 40 year old player.. but Brady cared about the $=respect factor.. a 2 year deal wouldn't have killed the franchise, especially if spread out over multiple years. He wanted his perceived value (when he's the highest paid in the league lol), and believed that Brady didn't have it in him to go somewhere else which is why he had no backup plan at QB. Brady did what was best for him, I don't blame him for that..

 

0 chance he wins a super bowl if he stayed in New England this year.. the offense just wasn't good enough and the defense fell apart from opt outs. BB has always been known to get rid of a player a year early than a year late.. will be interesting if he believes Brady is going to fall off a cliff this offseason for that to be the case. 

 

BB's drafting got the team to where it is today.. 5+ straight mediocre drafts left the team lacking talent wise to the point where Brady couldn't cover it up anymore. 2 offseasons in a row BB called a players bluff and they left ( Gronk & Brady). I can't help but imagine what last year could have been if Gronk and AB had been there.. they honestly could have competed for a championship with a better offense. 

 

I am so glad I don't live in your head 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im sorry what? If anything BB is happy for him. Has BB ever struck you as a petty man? Or even someone who gives a flying F what everyone thinks of him? BB will continue to do what he believes is best for this franchise no matter what Brady does. Dude is not the sentimental type. 

Also, what if they mutually agreed it was best to split up?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think BB puts a lot of thought into what TB is doing.  I'm sure he's congratulatory.  NE has a metric ton of work to do to start building that team back up.  Whether Bill is petty or not, I'm more inclined to think he's far more focused on trying to stabilize what he's got in NE vs any catty theoretics over Tom's success elsewhere.  The only thing in that vein I can see BB putting some thought into is wanting to be competitive without TB.  The question is how long that'll take to accomplish, if at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was so thoroughly enjoyable. We've seen plenty of wannabe dynasties try to climb the mountain over the years, but there was something extra satisfying about seeing this Chiefs team just lay a giant turd for 60 minutes in the biggest game they'll ever play. Run it back... to the drawing board ✌️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dhunt2402 said:

That was so thoroughly enjoyable. We've seen plenty of wannabe dynasties try to climb the mountain over the years, but there was something extra satisfying about seeing this Chiefs team just lay a giant turd for 60 minutes in the biggest game they'll ever play. Run it back... to the drawing board ✌️

Seeing Hill and Kelce for the most part be shut down put a smile on my face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Seeing Hill and Kelce for the most part be shut down put a smile on my face.

No doubt, those two especially. I do like Mahomes, and he never had much of a chance tonight with how the backup OL crumpled against that defensive front. But he was bad, and I don't think you could ever say that about Brady in a playoff game, let alone a Super Bowl. Long way to go before #15 enters any meaningful conversation.

This game really summed up the Kelce/Gronk "debate" so nicely too. One can't block and racks up ultimately meaningless junk stats. One blocks his *** off to spring the running game all night, all while putting up two scores and a bunch of key conversions. In the end, not a debate, and never has been.

And Antoine Winfield might be my new favorite player the way he punked Hill. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I thought Kelce was still good

Pretty much.  Even with his drops he was over 100.  Consistent but not flashy.

I did enjoy seeing them held to 3 FG's too.

TB finally got the SB win I'd wanted him to have in NE; a near perfect game with a blow-out win over top tier competition.  None of that "He NeEdEd HiS kIcKeR or He NeEdED HiS dEfEnCe tO bAiL HiM oUt"  Mic Drop.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

Pretty much.  Even with his drops he was over 100.  Consistent but not flashy.

I did enjoy seeing them held to 3 FG's too.

TB finally got the SB win I'd wanted him to have in NE; a near perfect game with a blow-out win over top tier competition.  None of that "He NeEdEd HiS kIcKeR or He NeEdED HiS dEfEnCe tO bAiL HiM oUt"  Mic Drop.  

Most of his stats came in garbage time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...