Detfan782004 ---Updated NEW Second Mock...trade way down scenario

detfan782004

It been a long time since I have taken interest in doing a mock here.  I used to do these a lot in the past and figured I would do one again.

**Disclaimer 1: I use Draftek for my average draft rankings and some people like it and some don’t.  So as far as if you feel a guy is a reach or if he wont last this is what I use until workouts etc.

**Disclaimer 2:  I use the standard draft value chart for trades.  While it is outdated it is the easiest way to assign value in mock scenarios.

NEW MOCK

#7 –Detroit sends #7 (1500), #72 (230)

Jacksonville sends #25 (720), #33 (580), #45 (450)

Jaguars and Urban make a splash.  They have a big need on defense and will trade up here for Micah.  I think #7 is too high for him and Detroit can trade down and fill more needs.  There is a drop from #7 to #25 but have four picks in top 50 would be instant help at lower cost for Detroit with Cap figures.

#25- WR- Rashod Bateman- Minnesota

#33 – OLB- Zaven Collins- Tulsa

#41- DT- Jay Tufele- USC

#45- Edge- Jayson Oweh- PSU

#88- QB- Jamie Newman

#113 S- Divine Deablo- VT

#157 CB- Marco Wilson- Florida

OLD MOCK

#19. DT- Christian Barmore (Bama)

So we all know that many of us liked Aaron Donald when he came out and Suh when he was drafted.  I am not putting Barmore in that category but the kid has massive potential.  DT is a need for Detroit and you need an anchor on your defense up front. DT always get drafted higher than projects and I feel like this will be a huge riser.

·        Detroit trades #7 overall (1500 pts)

·        Washington trades #19 (875 pts), #51 (390 pts), #74 (220 pts)= 1485 pts—Washington moves up for QB of choice

#35- WR Terrance Marshall (LSU)

WR is a need and Marshall has NFL size, strength and leaping ability.  He opted out of rest of season to prepare for draft so his workouts may propel him higher but right now he sits at #35.

·        Detroit trades #41 (490 pts), #102 (92 pts)

·        Atlanta trades #35 (550 pts), #162 (25.4 pts), future 7th rounder (2022)

#51- OT Jaylen Mayfield - Mich

Right now he is projected at 45 on Draftek with a recent +6 so him falling to 51 is not unreasonable.

#72- Edge- Joe Tryon- Washington

This kid is being projected to 3-4 teams but everything about his scouting profile says he could be very valuable in a hybrid system.  We have read recently Detroit may run more hybrid defense so this kid is a solid fit.

#74- CB- S. Wade- OSU

This is a little low for him but he is falling a bit.  Our rookie CB looked out of place at times and going with another OSU product at same position is scary.  However, they have played together and having a duo who knows what each other is doing has some value.

#88- OLB- C. McGrone- Mich

You can moan that it is another Michigan player and homer pick but I fully think this kid has what it takes at the next level in the Mike.  He would excel is a pressuring defense and given the flexibility this defense seeks as mentioned before he fits that need.

#162- WR- Amari Rodgers- Clemson

This gives Detroit another weapon on offense.  He can line up all over the place and also has return game value.

#136- QB- Jamie Newman- Georgia via WF

So this draft spot is uncertain.  Newman can climb tremendously after workouts.  He is one of my favorite prospect QBs due to his mobility.  Campbell has said he wants a mobile QB so I would not doubt Newman is on their list.  He may have to be taken higher if they are high on him and his workouts are stellar.

Edited by detfan782004
new information

Personally, I love this draft. I do think that some of the guys will go higher than what you have here but I totally get where you're coming from and I've used DraftTek myself in the past. You have to work with the tools that you have. 

I think you could get a bit more value out of Washington as there tends to be a QB premium of about 20%. You could probably get a 2022 2nd or 3rd as part of that deal IMO. 

Really good job overall.

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Personally, I love this draft. I do think that some of the guys will go higher than what you have here but I totally get where you're coming from and I've used DraftTek myself in the past. You have to work with the tools that you have. 

I think you could get a bit more value out of Washington as there tends to be a QB premium of about 20%. You could probably get a 2022 2nd or 3rd as part of that deal IMO. 

Really good job overall.

Yea I think Wade and Newman go higher than I have them but reluctant to put them higher pre-workouts.  I was thinking about more 2022 value but getting deep into future picks at this point is tough but I agree if Washington has a guy they want they will give some more.

Don't really love it. So much assumption / unknowns with guys not playing. 

It also looks drafted based on needs/scheme vs BPA.

I wouldn't worry about what conference people play in, more so if you think the talent translates. Like you said, can't pass up talent.

Edited by SimbaWho

id give this draft.....honestly probably an A+...not every guy I personally love but that doesnt matter. all strong players that can easily be starters are even better. (pro bowler, star, etc) hit all positions we need too. Maybe a safety if possible. 

Good job. I especially like moving down from 7. I would be really excepted if they can move down and add more capital next year.

Good player selections given the tools you have.

My favourite pick is Jamie Newman. I think he’s one of the sleepers in the draft. However I expect teams aren’t sleeping on him and he will go no later than the third round.

30 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Good job. I especially like moving down from 7. I would be really excepted if they can move down and add more capital next year.

Good player selections given the tools you have.

My favourite pick is Jamie Newman. I think he’s one of the sleepers in the draft. However I expect teams aren’t sleeping on him and he will go no later than the third round.

Yea Newman will probably rocket up draft. I really would love to see him in Detroit 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 5:39 PM, NFL_Fan said:

id give this draft.....honestly probably an A+...not every guy I personally love but that doesnt matter. all strong players that can easily be starters are even better. (pro bowler, star, etc) hit all positions we need too. Maybe a safety if possible. 

I have looked at safeties but still drilling down on that position 

I think that my least favorite pick in this draft is actually the first one. I don't think that Barmore is an elite prospect. I don't think that he's going to get all that much better than he is right now and I see him as more of an A'Shawn Robinson type of prospect in that he will be a useable player but not a great one. 

Let’s go Draft Day Crazy.... Trade with Miami at 3. Miami gets Galladay, the Lions get #3 plus a 4th or 5th round pick. The Lions select: OL Penei Sewell. At number 7 the Lions select: LB Micah Parsons. Lions trade again with the Colts at #21. Colts get Goff & the Lions get #21 & a 5th. The Lions select: LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.  As far as everyone wondering what we’re going to do a QB, sign a free agent like Ryan Fitzpatrick to a short term deal. Going no where next year but building a strong base. Now you have 8 more picks to fill needs.

14 hours ago, GetDownandDirty said:

Let’s go Draft Day Crazy.... Trade with Miami at 3. Miami gets Galladay, the Lions get #3 plus a 4th or 5th round pick. The Lions select: OL Penei Sewell. At number 7 the Lions select: LB Micah Parsons. Lions trade again with the Colts at #21. Colts get Goff & the Lions get #21 & a 5th. The Lions select: LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.  As far as everyone wondering what we’re going to do a QB, sign a free agent like Ryan Fitzpatrick to a short term deal. Going no where next year but building a strong base. Now you have 8 more picks to fill needs.

Wait, you think we can trade KG for #3 plus extra picks?  I am guessing we would have to give KG, 7 and a few extra picks including future firsts to get to 3. 

17 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I think that my least favorite pick in this draft is actually the first one. I don't think that Barmore is an elite prospect. I don't think that he's going to get all that much better than he is right now and I see him as more of an A'Shawn Robinson type of prospect in that he will be a useable player but not a great one. 

I disagree on this.  He is a redshirt sophomore who was just scratching the surface of his potential IMO.  I think if he stayed one more year he would be a top 10 pick. He got better as the year went on as he finally got snaps and was absolutely dominant in the NC game.  I think he has a lot to prove but has a decently high floor with a much higher ceiling.