Should 2022, 2023 be dedicated to a “win now” mindset?

HeresAGuy

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Think some of you guys are being way too critical of Rodgers.  He played absolutely phenomenal in that game.  That might be the single best performance I have witnessed by a QB under that kind of enormous pressure.  Any other QB would have crumbled like a cheap suit.  That includes Mahommes who did.  I am not even going to say it was an O-line fail.  TB just had a tremendous pass rush.  Give them credit.  

Other thing that bothers me is those who criticize MLF's decision to kick the field goal on 4th and goal from the 8.  It was the right call and gave us the best chance to win IMO.  You want to scapegoat  someone  put it on KIng.  He was abused all game long and pulling that jersey out for all the world to see at the end was unforgivable.  WTF King?  Really stupid.  Can't blame the officials either.  Couldn't have been more obvious. We lost I'm over it.  

Come on people. This is revisionist history nonsense. Rodgers didn't play phenomenal. He played alright to good depending on where your standards are for a QB. 

There were several significant screw ups. Elite QBs are paid to perform despite pressure. If the standard for elite QBs is that they play very well when unpressured, then there are 26 elite QBs in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Come on people. This is revisionist history nonsense. Rodgers didn't play phenomenal. He played alright to good depending on where your standards are for a QB. 

There were several significant screw ups. Elite QBs are paid to perform despite pressure. If the standard for elite QBs is that they play very well when unpressured, then there are 26 elite QBs in the NFL. 

I touched on this before. I wouldn't use the word phenomenonal, but Rodgers played well enough for any team with a decent supporting cast around him to win. The guy went 350-3-1. Of course he's going to make a mistake now and then, especially when he's being pressured on 40% of his dropbacks...I mean damn. 

I guess we needed him to go 400-4-0. Then we would have won the game...barely. That's what it takes for GB to beat a top team. **** gets so f'ing old...

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I touched on this before. I wouldn't use the word phenomenonal, but Rodgers played well enough for any team with a decent supporting cast around him to win. The guy went 350-3-1. Of course he's going to make a mistake now and then, especially when he's being pressured on 40% of his dropbacks...I mean damn. 

I guess we needed him to go 400-4-0. Then we would have won the game...barely. That's what it takes for GB to beat a top team. **** gets so f'ing old...

Agreed.  Difference in the game was Tampa Bays defense did just enough to bail Brady out of a terrible game.  Even though GB defense had some "punt type" picks deep in their territory compared to the gimme turnovers TB got, the horrible gaff before the 1st half and terrible fumble beginning of 2nd half was to much to overcome.  Still not over it.

How much different do you think the game would have been with our All Pro LT in the game? Injuries happen but when they happen to your best players it's hard to overcome.

The Packers have been making moves to be aggressive. The only question is the draft. No one they could have taken instead would have imemdiately tipped the needle anyway, and having Dillon now that we are likely to lose Aaron Jones was a smart move to keep that window open, giving Rodgers a RB to lean on. Degura also is a pick I love for MLF offense and he was starting to flash before his injury. I think he's going to be a real weapon in the short term. The draft is never really something to give you a boost THIS year anyway. It's much more about the future.

Are you expecting to spend future draft or cap capital to punch it into this year? I'm not really a fan of that. Are you taking every opportunity to upgrade talent? Great, but don't spend ahead because we will regret it later.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I respectfully disagree.  He had absolutely no time in the pocket.  No current QB in the league would have played better than Rodgers did in that game.  I stand by my comments.  You had a first hand look in the SB.  Mahommes who many consider to be the best QB in the league crumbled.  I don't know what you guys expect.  It's ridiculous to put this loss on Rodgers.  He wasn't the problem.

• Like 2

A bit reminiscent of the Rodgers talk 3 and 4 years ago.  Didn't buy it then. Not buying it now. Putting it all on his shoulders is the Packers fault, not his.

Swap QB's in the NFCCG and the Packers lose 49-14. That's not on Rodgers to do better.

Edited by cannondale

If Rodgers wants to have a better chance at winning, he should do what Brady and Brees did for their later years, and leave some money on the table. Not that I personally think he should do that, but if he wants rings and he wants them here, he has to consider it. 

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

If Rodgers wants to have a better chance at winning, he should do what Brady and Brees did for their later years, and leave some money on the table. Not that I personally think he should do that, but if he wants rings and he wants them here, he has to consider it. 

Nice thought but if it was your money ... would you do it? 

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:
7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Nice thought but if it was your money ... would you do it? 

read bold

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:
28 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

read bold

Makes no sense ... you don't personally think he should but then you think he should.

So I don't personally think he should do it, but if he wants to have as good of a shot as Brady does to win every year, he should. 

I would take the money

14 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So I don't personally think he should do it, but if he wants to have as good of a shot as Brady does to win every year, he should. 

I would take the money

Does $5M less a year affect Rodgers long term from financial security?   Especially if winning another super bowl helps with other endorsement deals perhaps.