Should 2022, 2023 be dedicated to a “win now” mindset?

HeresAGuy

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Maybe though I specifically remember one of the clowns referring to him as our worst starter after the NFCC game. There are some around this board who believe he is the only issue with this offense regardless of his MVP season.  He's got to play like a god or he's getting 100% of the blame when it comes to the offense.  

There are also some on this board, who believe the sky is purple but it doesn't mean that's the majority of the boards opinion. Posters that have the mindset that you're talking about, have a feature on this site that is very useful, it's called the ignore option. 

• Like 1

Rodgers takes up almost double the salary cap of the next highest player. He deserves the most criticism. Now the NFCCG wasn't his fault entirely, but the D have him 3 consecutive chances to take control of the game, and he failed all 3 times. That's just the truth. 

I don't want him to have to score 30+ in the playoffs to win, which is where the a lot of other blame lies, but a lot of the reason Rodgers has to play so we'll is because his cap dictates what else we can do with the roster.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers takes up almost double the salary cap of the next highest player. He deserves the most criticism. Now the NFCCG wasn't his fault entirely, but the D have him 3 consecutive chances to take control of the game, and he failed all 3 times. That's just the truth. 

I don't want him to have to score 30+ in the playoffs to win, which is where the a lot of other blame lies, but a lot of the reason Rodgers has to play so we'll is because his cap dictates what else we can do with the roster.

Truth.  Nothing illustrates reality better than the truth.

34 minutes ago, SSG said:

Maybe though I specifically remember one of the clowns referring to him as our worst starter after the NFCC game. There are some around this board who believe he is the only issue with this offense regardless of his MVP season.  He's got to play like a god or he's getting 100% of the blame when it comes to the offense.  

God wouldn't have fared much better against Tampa in that game.  Some would argue God played them two weeks later and was crushed.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 15412 said:

We could have won that game.  If KC would have had their two starting tackles (and a healthy Mahomes let me add who just went under the knife) they would have won that game.

So KC and Mahomes get a pass while the Packers and Rodgers do not?    Just so we understand where you are coming from.

52 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Truth.  Nothing illustrates reality better than the truth.

What other highly paid QB has the same expectations laid on them that you are placing on Rodgers?   To help you - The correct answer is none.

Rodgers was easily the better QB on the field against TB,  yet lost?   Why?  I get it- he needs to play pass defense, and be the RB so he can ensure that a fumble doesn't occur.     To add,  he also needs to cover for the fact that his OL was getting dominated while his receivers are getting held.  He just needs to make the plays.    No excuse for missing someone who flashes open while he is on the run.

• Like 2

"So KC and Mahomes get a pass while the Packers and Rodgers do not?"

Mahomes in his injured state without two starting tackles gets no pass.  He also didn't leave several glaringly available TD's on the field.  Rodg was hurt by the loss of Bak as I pointed out, but he had books to write with time Mahomes did not have.

"What other highly paid QB has the same expectations laid on them that you are placing on Rodgers?   To help you - The correct answer is none."

Let me help you - the correct answer is every single one.  Exponentially.

22 hours ago, 15412 said:

"So KC and Mahomes get a pass while the Packers and Rodgers do not?"

Mahomes in his injured state without two starting tackles gets no pass.  He also didn't leave several glaringly available TD's on the field.  Rodg was hurt by the loss of Bak as I pointed out, but he had books to write with time Mahomes did not have.

"What other highly paid QB has the same expectations laid on them that you are placing on Rodgers?   To help you - The correct answer is none."

Let me help you - the correct answer is every single one.  Exponentially.

Help like that isn't needed.    Your assessment is very poor and inaccurate.

Pretending Rodgers had "books to write" is patently ridiculous.   He was pressured I believe 22 times, and sacked 5 times.    He was under a ton of pressure throughout the game.

TB won the SB because they had a much better defense.   It really is that simple.     We had the MVP of the league playing really good football against enormous pressure, and it still wasnt enough.   The problem wasnt the best QB playing in the game.    It seems many people forget football really is a team game.

7 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Help like that isn't needed.    Your assessment is very poor and inaccurate.

Pretending Rodgers had "books to write" is patently ridiculous.   He was pressured I believe 22 times, and sacked 5 times.    He was under a ton of pressure throughout the game.

TB won the SB because they had a much better defense.   It really is that simple.     We had the MVP of the league playing really good football against enormous pressure, and it still wasnt enough.   The problem wasnt the best QB playing in the game.    It seems many people forget football really is a team game.

Now you're just being silly, but everyone has to be good at something.

I was comparing the time Rodge had in comparison to Mahomes, and yes he had books to write.  Now maybe if Andy had helped him out by running the ball more early on even a crippled Mahomes might have had a better chance with both tackles out.

Brady's pics to us were mostly punts, and we didn't capitalize on them as we should have.  Brady simply gets it done when it needs to get done, he beat us at crunch time.  Our offense led by jolly Rodg had multiple opportunities to take control of the game and failed.  Yes, go back and count the many times I have said it.  Team loss.  Rodgers a big part of that epic fail.  He's paid the big bucks to win at crunch time.  He hasn't been a crunch time QB.  What is it 1-4 in the big NFC games and 1-7 in playoff games where we're behind ay half time?

TB won the SB for a number of reason and key being Mahomes was injured enough his normal skill set was altered and the team was missing its starting OT's.

Think some of you guys are being way too critical of Rodgers.  He played absolutely phenomenal in that game.  That might be the single best performance I have witnessed by a QB under that kind of enormous pressure.  Any other QB would have crumbled like a cheap suit.  That includes Mahommes who did.  I am not even going to say it was an O-line fail.  TB just had a tremendous pass rush.  Give them credit.  

Other thing that bothers me is those who criticize MLF's decision to kick the field goal on 4th and goal from the 8.  It was the right call and gave us the best chance to win IMO.  You want to scapegoat  someone  put it on KIng.  He was abused all game long and pulling that jersey out for all the world to see at the end was unforgivable.  WTF King?  Really stupid.  Can't blame the officials either.  Couldn't have been more obvious. We lost I'm over it.  

• Like 1

Rodgers outplayed Brady......and lost. Pretty common theme. Don't be mad at Rodgers, be mad at the team for building it that way. The "Rodgers has to play like Superman and score 40 or we lose" template is old and tired. No one is screaming at Brady for playing like sh*t. Stop drafting role players and backups and putting it all on Rodgers shoulders.

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Think some of you guys are being way too critical of Rodgers.  He played absolutely phenomenal in that game.  That might be the single best performance I have witnessed by a QB under that kind of enormous pressure.  Any other QB would have crumbled like a cheap suit.  That includes Mahommes who did.  I am not even going to say it was an O-line fail.  TB just had a tremendous pass rush.  Give them credit.  

Other thing that bothers me is those who criticize MLF's decision to kick the field goal on 4th and goal from the 8.  It was the right call and gave us the best chance to win IMO.  You want to scapegoat  someone  put it on KIng.  He was abused all game long and pulling that jersey out for all the world to see at the end was unforgivable.  WTF King?  Really stupid.  Can't blame the officials either.  Couldn't have been more obvious. We lost I'm over it.  

Why do things have to be one extreme or another.

Rodgers played well. He was harassed all game by the pass rush and played better than Brady (against us) and Mahones (against Tampa). The stuff 15412 was on about with his time to write books or whatever is laugh out loud nonsense.

phenomenal is just as much of an OTT reaction though. The two games (us and the superbowl) showed that QBs are just human though. Its a team game and when your team is out-matched, there's a limit to what one guy can do. With that in mind, maybe you do question whether its worth paying any QB (including Mahones) that much

9 hours ago, Toddfather said:

This did feel like our best chance to get back with Rodgers. He was healthy. Home field advantage with a bye. The team chemistry just seemed amazing. I do however trust Gute and MF. This will be a very interesting and telling off-season in many ways. 

It was easily our best chance when you look at our roster and the situation we were in. Just hope it wasn't the last chance with 12. 

• Like 1