2021 MOCK OFF-SEASON V2

BayBubbPackFan

Hard loss in the NFCCG. It did show us where we can improve. 

2021 Off-Season:

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Jim Leonard. Lefluer brings in the guy that thinks like he does. Is flexible to the talent he has, putting people in the best position to succeed and Leanard maximized the talent that he had while at WI. They were consitantly one of the best in the nation. As a Mike Pettine defensive coaching branch, there should not be too much change in language, but a fresh look at design, film study, and play calling. 

Jerry Grey is kept as DB Coach, and upgraded to Passing Game Coordinator. 

1) Personnel Moves:

I just found and used the Over the Cap, Cap Calculator for the personnel moves. It is a broad use of numbers but gives a nice outlook.  https://overthecap.com/calculator/green-bay-packers/

I am still assuming that the cap is at $175mil for 20201. With that the Packers stand at about $32mil over..here are the moves I made to get us under the cap.....

Release:

Christian Kirksey: We are better off with Martin and Barnes taking over. 

Dean Lowery: We are getting better production from Keke.

Re-Structure: 

Preston Smith: Approached and agrees to re-structure.

Roster Bonuses converted to Signing Bonuses:

Aaron Rodgers, David Bahktiari, Zadarius Smith, Rick Wagner, and Kenny Clark.

**Great savings on 2021 and 2022 cap**

Extensions:

Davante Adams: 4yr extension, saving cap space.

With all of these moves, we now stand at around $13.5mil in cap space.

Re-Sign:

Jamaal Williams: 2yr deal.

Allen Lazard: 2yr deal that will be cheaper than 2nd Round Tender.

Marcedes Lewis: 1yr deal, comes back for one more run.

Restricted Free Agents:

All RFA's are brought back.

**Robert Tonyan is given 2nd Rd Tag. Costing about $3.4mil.**

Not Re-Signed:

Corey Linsley: With Elgton Jenkins and the drafting of Runyan and Stepaniak, we allow him to go elseware.

Kevin King: NFCCG, enough said.

We could bring back Lane Taylor and Montravious Adams later in the off-season, just as insurance.

Rodgers agreed to take the max in converting his salary into signing bonus with the premise that they grab someone that is a known comodity and can help right away...

Free agents:

Curtis Samuel, WR: He was the do it all player in Carolina. He is brought into Green Bay where he will truly be unlocked by Lefluer.

2021 NFL Draft:

Comp picks: two 4 rounders and a 6 rounder (Just a guess). I am sticking with this until Comp picks are released. 

RD1) Jalen Mayfield: OT, Michigan.

We need additional depth and he is the future at RT. Mean, athletic enough, and handled Chase Young fairly well two seasons ago. 

RD2) TRADE: We Trade Pick 62 and one of our 4th Rounders to Jacksenville for the 45th pick

Asante Samual Jr: CB, Florida State.

Watching him reminds me of Jaire Alexander, no fear, fast, has great instincts, and sticky in man coverage . (He is my draft crush)

RD3) Daelin Hayes: OLB, Notre Dame.

Fits the size and athletic traits. Big Senior Bowl week. May not be here, but great for our depth.

RD4A) Demetric Felton: RB, UCLA.

Played both RB and in the slot. Great athlete, would be great fit in our outside zone scheme. 

RD4B) Tedarrell Slayton: DT, Florida.

Gutey takes someone that will help in the run game. 6'5" 350+ lbs, allows Kenny Clark more one on ones.

RD4C) TRADED to move up in 2nd Round

RD5) Divine Deablo: S, Virgina Tech.

6'3" 226lbs. Good coverage skills for his size, well equiped for the run game, and great name.RD6A)

RD6A) Dez Fitzpatrick: WR, Louisville.

Physical receiver, smooth athlete, with the size to help in the run game.

RD6B) Trey McBride: TE. Colorado State.

Drafting a Y tight end, to provide that competition to help replace Marcedes Lewis.

RD7) Marco Wilson: CB, Florida.

Younger brother of Quincy Wilson. Depth and development.

I feel the depth added and potential for big role players were added. Let me know your thoughts.