Super Bowl Thread: Yeah it sucks we're not in it...but they're gonna play anyway.

Leader

Kevin Seifert -  In the end, there were 17 flags thrown in the Super Bowl. That’s about 30% higher that the regular-season average in a year when the NFL artificially raised its standards for what merited a flag. Didn’t impact the game’s outcome, but jarring to see it play out that way.

///

Not so sure how he figures the penalties didnt impact the game's outcome....but whatever.

I didn't watch much of the game, especially when the score got lopsided.  From what I understand KC's OL was a mess with guys playing out of position.  Add in Mahommes playing on a bad foot the outcome isn't a surprise.  The worst of it all will be the slobbering by talking heads about His Highness the GOAT  and it will be insufferable.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I didn't watch much of the game, especially when the score got lopsided.  From what I understand KC's OL was a mess with guys playing out of position.  Add in Mahommes playing on a bad foot the outcome isn't a surprise.  The worst of it all will be the slobbering by talking heads about His Highness the GOAT  and it will be insufferable.

At this point, hating Tom Brady is like hating Joe Montana.  The guy is the best.  If you don't hate Joe Montana, why do you hate Tom Brady?  The biggest difference between the two, is Brady has more rings and better stats.  

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

At this point, hating Tom Brady is like hating Joe Montana.  The guy is the best.  If you don't hate Joe Montana, why do you hate Tom Brady?  The biggest difference between the two, is Brady has more rings and better stats.  

Brady makes out with his son

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Brady makes out with his son

1 minute ago, Norm said:

And he's been on PEDs for years

1 minute ago, Norm said:

And he sold his soul to the devil

2 of those 3 are not necessarily bad.......................

free country and all

14 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Part of my GOAT test - if you were building a team around a QB in their prime, who would it be and why is it not Tom Brady?

9 minutes ago, Striker said:

Part of my GOAT test - if you were building a team around a QB in their prime, who would it be and why is it not Tom Brady?

It is hard to "build a team" with a Top-5, MVP-level QB in their prime. It means they take the biggest cut into your salary cap and that your draft position is at near bottom of every round. It can be done. The Patriots showed us that, though, yes, Brady, married to super-rich Giselle, took team-friendly deals. Yet it ain't easy. I give credit to the Packers making it to two NFC Championships in a row. Had they not lost Bak, there's a chance they could've done enough against that impressive Bucs DLine and been in the SB. But alas, not to be.

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm sorry but when watching Brady play the QB position there is nothing that makes me think that I'm watching the best to ever do it at that position

• Like 2