Super Bowl Thread: Yeah it sucks we're not in it...but they're gonna play anyway.

Leader

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I usually don't participate in these types of comparisons because they don't really matter, but switch QB's in the NFC Championship game. What's the final score ?? That's my answer

Aaron Rodgers throwing at whomever Kevin King is pretending to cover probably results in about 5 TDs.  

Still.  Brady has the wins.  Brady has the stats.  He is the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DWhitehurst said:

It is hard to "build a team" with a Top-5, MVP-level QB in their prime. It means they take the biggest cut into your salary cap and that your draft position is at near bottom of every round. It can be done. The Patriots showed us that, though, yes, Brady, married to super-rich Giselle, took team-friendly deals. Yet it ain't easy. I give credit to the Packers making it to two NFC Championships in a row. Had they not lost Bak, there's a chance they could've done enough against that impressive Bucs DLine and been in the SB. But alas, not to be.

Yes, this is fair. But, in this hypothetical, you still don't take Brady. There's no throws he's making or intangibles he brings that aren't done better by many of his contemporaries.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Aaron Rodgers throwing at whomever Kevin King is pretending to cover probably results in about 5 TDs.  

Aikman, Bradshaw, and Elway have more wins and rings than multiple QBs but I'm still not taking them over a lot of those one ring QBs.

A lot of the stats are longevity based and a result of our current era of the NFL. It's also why I think the GOAT discussion is a bit silly considering the differences across generations of players.

9 minutes ago, Striker said:

Aikman, Bradshaw, and Elway have more wins and rings than multiple QBs but I'm still not taking them over a lot of those one ring QBs.

A lot of the stats are longevity based and a result of our current era of the NFL. It's also why I think the GOAT discussion is a bit silly considering the differences across generations of players.

Yep

Buccaneers get Wirfs and Winfield.

Packers got Love and Dillon.

I hate football so much.

I legitimately hate football. 

Worse, I hate fans.  Going to be a lot of Tom Brady **** sucking for someone who has "won" 7/10 Super Bowls when his defense has allowed an average of 20.3 points in those Super Bowls. 

Ultimately I shouldn't care.  I'm not a QB fan, I'm a Packer fan.  Packers are tied for 5th in Super Bowl history in Super Bowl wins.  So really, as long as the Packers win 3 more by the time I die and the Steelers don't win any, the Patriots don't win any, the Niners win only one and the Cowboys win only one, I shouldn't care.

But I do.

And it's clear to me now why Brady picked the Buccaneers.  Apparently they were the #6 DVOA defense last year.  Makes sense.  You're gonna be close to the bottom in points allowed when your QB has 30 interceptions or more.

But the real reason Brady went to Tampa Bay is because Tampa Bay will go all in every year and they have a defense.

It's bull**** the Packers don't see this.

It's bull**** almost nobody sees this.

This crap makes me want to quit football because I know the Packers will never have the defense for Rodgers and I know Rodgers will always be paid too much cap percentage for the defense.

It's literally impossible for the Packers to win a Super Bowl next year.

8 hours ago, Striker said:

Yeah. Though I don't think Brady's deep ball is going to get miraculously better. Plus the Bucs, like the 49ers, could regress on the injury front. They'll need a lot to go right to get back, but it's certainly looking like it.

Agreed but they do have a bunch of starters who will be looking to get paid.  Lot has to go right for them to repeat.

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If you're starting a team from scratch, you are not taking Tom Brady over Rodgers, Manning or Mahomes. 

Tom Brady is the most accomplished QB, but he is not the best QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Buccaneers get Wirfs and Winfield.

Packers got Love and Dillon.

I hate football so much.

I legitimately hate football. 

Worse, I hate fans.  Going to be a lot of Tom Brady **** sucking for someone who has "won" 7/10 Super Bowls when his defense has allowed an average of 20.3 points in those Super Bowls. 

Ultimately I shouldn't care.  I'm not a QB fan, I'm a Packer fan.  Packers are tied for 5th in Super Bowl history in Super Bowl wins.  So really, as long as the Packers win 3 more by the time I die and the Steelers don't win any, the Patriots don't win any, the Niners win only one and the Cowboys win only one, I shouldn't care.

But I do.

And it's clear to me now why Brady picked the Buccaneers.  Apparently they were the #6 DVOA defense last year.  Makes sense.  You're gonna be close to the bottom in points allowed when your QB has 30 interceptions or more.

But the real reason Brady went to Tampa Bay is because Tampa Bay will go all in every year and they have a defense.

It's bull**** the Packers don't see this.

It's bull**** almost nobody sees this.

This crap makes me want to quit football because I know the Packers will never have the defense for Rodgers and I know Rodgers will always be paid too much cap percentage for the defense.

It's literally impossible for the Packers to win a Super Bowl next year.

You had me till the very last sentence.  Totally agree but one must remember that TB has SUCKED for a long time to get to this point.  Top 10 draft picks for years finally came to wins.  Put that with some very timely free agent signings/trades and Bingo ... super bowl.  I'd like to see some urgency from the Packers to get that ring with Rodgers playing like he did this year.  Got about 3 years to get it done ... DO IT!

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

At this point, hating Tom Brady is like hating Joe Montana.  The guy is the best.  If you don't hate Joe Montana, why do you hate Tom Brady?  The biggest difference between the two, is Brady has more rings and better stats.  

I don't hate the guy but I'm weary of him.  Yes, he is the best but after a while I get tired of hearing about him.  Give him his due but he isn't the only story in the NFL.  For instance I can't watch golf if Tiger is in a tournament because even if Tiger is several shots off the lead with no chance to win they show every shot he takes while practically ignoring another guy making a move for the lead.   Yes, let's celebrate greatness but don't overdue it.

Edited by Pugger