Jump to content

Super Bowl Thread: Yeah it sucks we're not in it...but they're gonna play anyway.


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I think you'd better get used to it Pugger....With Brady's ability to recruit and get people to buy into his winning way, the team could be New England dynasty part 2....

He is 43 years old.  How long do you think he'll play?  Until he is 50?  Nobody beats Father Time.  Including Tom Brady.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

He is 43 years old.  How long do you think he'll play?  Until he is 50?  Nobody beats Father Time.  Including Tom Brady.

Didn't George Blanda QB until he was 48?....With his offseason regimen, should be a piece of cake for TB....

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So anyone think the Bucs are going to use the 32nd pick this year on a QB when they're retooling for the SB? LMAO.

Are you asking to be run more like a franchise that has won double digits games 4 times this century compared to 14 for us?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Didn't George Blanda QB until he was 48?....With his offseason regimen, should be a piece of cake for TB....

The last 3 years of his career he kicked FGs and seldom threw.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are you asking to be run more like a franchise that has won double digits games 4 times this century compared to 14 for us?

If that thinking makes you feel better about it, sure. I just look at it as, two teams are trying to go to a SB. Maybe we'll end up winning more division titles than the Bucs over the next 10 years. That'll be cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If that thinking makes you feel better about it, sure. I just look at it as, two teams are trying to go to a SB. Maybe we'll end up winning more division titles than the Bucs over the next 10 years. That'll be cool. 

Makes me feel better about what? Being a well run organization? No being a well run organization makes me feel good on its own.

Losing in the NFCCG was heartbreaking, but this year was fun. Last year was fun. I drank a lot of good victory bourbon. 2017 & 2018, not fun. Sucked.

Quite rare 1 pick is going to be the difference between a SB and no SB. The Bucs would be really dumb to pass on a top 5 QB if one made it to 32. We're not dumb. How's the Broncos 0 playoff appearances since 2015 working for them? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are numerous ways to look at it. It's pretty comparable to the Rodgers talk if you ask me. In 10 years nobody is gonna care how many seasons of double digit wins he has. They will ask how many rings. I barely remember the 2011 season, but I remember losing the 2011 NFCCG like it was yesterday. Does that mean I trade 5 years of double digit wins for a Super Bowl win and 4 losing seasons ?? Yep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cannondale said:

There are numerous ways to look at it. It's pretty comparable to the Rodgers talk if you ask me. In 10 years nobody is gonna care how many seasons of double digit wins he has. They will ask how many rings. I barely remember the 2011 season, but I remember losing the 2011 NFCCG like it was yesterday. Does that mean I trade 5 years of double digit wins for a Super Bowl win and 4 losing seasons ?? Yep.

At this point in the game I am definitely with you .. want the Super Bowl victory more than the 4 championship game losses in 7 years.  It's all about winning the big one and we've squandered the career of not one, but two all time great qb's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cannondale said:

There are numerous ways to look at it. It's pretty comparable to the Rodgers talk if you ask me. In 10 years nobody is gonna care how many seasons of double digit wins he has. They will ask how many rings. I barely remember the 2011 season, but I remember losing the 2011 NFCCG like it was yesterday. Does that mean I trade 5 years of double digit wins for a Super Bowl win and 4 losing seasons ?? Yep.

Except that's rarely how it works. Super Bowl winners don't just pop out of nowhere and disappear. Tampa and Denver are probably going to be the only 2 in awhile and they added legendary QBs.

So the question is over 10 years, do you want 2-3 bites at the apple with a 10/10 roster or 8-9 bites with an 8/10 roster? Easy choice to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Except that's rarely how it works. Super Bowl winners don't just pop out of nowhere and disappear. Tampa and Denver are probably going to be the only 2 in awhile and they added legendary QBs.

So the question is over 10 years, do you want 2-3 bites at the apple with a 10/10 roster or 8-9 bites with an 8/10 roster? Easy choice to me.

They went all in. None of this is an exact science. We all know that. But there are emerging templates. I give Gute credit, but he is trying be aggressive and conservative at the same time. That leaves you chasing those who are aggressive and aggressive. Time to eat the damn apple. For those that take comfort in the nibbles for the past decade, all the more power to you.

If Rodgers retires tomorrow and Love busts, I think many fans will regret the slow and steady resulting in nothing approach. At least Saints fans can say there are no regrets

Edited by cannondale
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know.  Brady wise.

This year he proved to me that he is the GOAT.  He chose the right organization.  Head coach, defense, offense...etc.  His work ethic rubbed off on that team and he won the big game.

Honestly, he's a lot smarter than many people running football organizations.  I mean, look at the team that have lined up to get Belichick assistants.  What they really needed was Brady.  GOAT.

SOB even married a super model.  Maybe "THE" supermodel.  And it's lasted.

Not the most physically talented QB out there, but I have no doubt that he is the smartest.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pugger said:

The last 3 years of his career he kicked FGs and seldom threw.

I understand your angst, but my head would hit the ceiling if TB had a press conference this afternoon announcing his retirement....However, it has been said he wants to play until he's fifty....

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Except that's rarely how it works. Super Bowl winners don't just pop out of nowhere and disappear. Tampa and Denver are probably going to be the only 2 in awhile and they added legendary QBs.

So the question is over 10 years, do you want 2-3 bites at the apple with a 10/10 roster or 8-9 bites with an 8/10 roster? Easy choice to me.

But none of us Packer fans know when the bottom is going to fall out from under our worlds....And worse yet, we won't know when it will return...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...