Super Bowl Thread: Yeah it sucks we're not in it...but they're gonna play anyway.

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Should be us. I take this **** way too seriously. Literally have woken up every morning since we lost and the first thing I think about is "how TF did we lose that ******* game." Everything was set for us this year. Home championship game. Still failed. 

I've been kind of the opposite. I just am pretending it didn't happen. I haven't hardly even read this site the last couple weeks. Football is just ******* soul crushing anymore. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I've been kind of the opposite. I just am pretending it didn't happen. I haven't hardly even read this site the last couple weeks. Football is just ******* soul crushing anymore. 

I try to forget, then I think about "well what if we would have done this on this play." Can't help myself. 

• Like 1

I used to be this way. Not able to read the chatter, not able to watch the SB, etc. But not this time.  I’m fine, we lost.

Lot of factors in it I guess:

-I’m old now.  The Packers provided me entertainment all the way through the end of Jan.  I happy about that. It’s pretty great.

-there have been so many NFCCG losses, I’m pretty numb to it all.  Also, I’ve learned not to “expect” to be in SB, so I went into the game thinking we should win, but expecting us not to.

-We didn’t lose as embarrassingly as last year, so feel a little better about it. 

-i recognize we are still better off than Lion/Viking/Bears fans.

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 3
33 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

There have been so many NFCCG losses, I’m pretty numb to it all. 

Four out the last seven seasons.

I wasnt aware of that stat till recently.....and its kinda getting like "Buffalo cant win a Super Bowl" bad.
I mean....on one hand its an accomplishment to get there.....but damn.  Dont want to be adding to this list anymore.

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

-We didn’t lose as embarrassingly as last year, so feel a little better about it. 

-i recognize we are still better off than Lion/Viking/Bears fans.

This makes it worse for me lol. The Seattle and Tampa losses will haunt me forever. I can barely even remember the losses to ATL and SF. 

Edited by packfanfb
1 hour ago, Leader said:

Four out the last seven seasons.

I wasnt aware of that stat till recently.....and its kinda getting like "Buffalo cant win a Super Bowl" bad.
I mean....on one hand its an accomplishment to get there.....but damn.  Dont want to be adding to this list anymore.

Brings up the interesting argument again of which is worse: losing in the NFCCG or the Super Bowl. Many say the latter, but I say it's the former for a few reasons. First, it sucks to lose either one, but there's just an extra suddenness to the finality to your season when you lose a CG. No one even remembers who loses in the CGs. You don't get a celebration, you don't get a trophy, no hats, no t-shirts, no ceremony, nothing. Your season is just over. You got as close as you can get without mattering.  

If you lose in the SB, it sucks, but at least you got the build-up especially as a fan. You got the CG hat/t-shirt (if that's your thing). You got to watch your team celebrate the CG win, get the Halas trophy, have a ceremony on the field, etc. Then you get 2 full weeks of hype, media coverage, etc. When the SB ends, the season is over, regardless of who wins. Just hits different IMO. 

Had already booked the Monday off work to watch it before the NFCCG - gutter that it won't be to celebrate a Packer win. 

On the game itself, I hope both QBs shyte the bed and it's won on a pick six. Tired of the circle jerk over them both; you'd think Mahomes was the first QB in NFL history to throw off kilter the way the media fawn over him. 

Edited by ChillerBee
1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This makes it worse for me lol. The Seattle and Tampa losses will haunt me forever. I can barely even remember the losses to ATL and SF. 

I legit do not remember losing to ATL lol

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

I legit do not remember losing to ATL lol

I was tuned out in both of those games. Going in knew we had very little chance to win. First half of both games confirmed it. 

• Like 1
On 2/4/2021 at 12:42 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Go Bucs!

**** Brady, **** AB, and **** Suh. 

I don't want to see that piece of **** serial rapist who posted pictures of one of their kids, vandalized his apartment (and endangered other people in the process), got himself kicked off two teams in one offseason and called his ex-GM a cracker win a SB, especially with Brady at the the helm, and I sure AF don't want Suh to get a ring.

Edited by KManX89