Pre-Draft Prospect Meetings

mwalker

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Samuel Jr. and Marvin Wilson are about the only reasons they’d be there. 

Supposedly they have 2 decent edge guys that might go in the middle rounds...just from what i read.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Samuel Jr. and Marvin Wilson are about the only reasons they’d be there. 

Tamarrion Terry is a traitsy WR who fits what they like for a later round guy. He made some big plays for FSU, probably would have been a day 2 pick if he came out his Junior year. Clashed with our new coaching staff and had some injuries last year which tanked his draft stock. Also played with AWFUL QBs his entire career.

ASJ is sticky as hell in coverage, he would be a great replacement for Nelson. Didn’t test very well though. I would like him in the 2nd, not the 1st though.

Marvin Wilson was a beast at times but had a very very underwhelming senior year. Was completely non-existent for most of the year and then opted out. Would have been a top 15 pick last year.

Wilson and Terry both really screwed up big time coming back for their senior years. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mwalker said:

how do his numbers compare with Bush, when he came out?

They don’t lol

Bush ran a 4.43 at the combine and Bolton ran mid 4.6s at a pro day. That’s a huge difference for two guys who are basically the same size. If Bush would have ran 4.65 he probably would have been a 2nd rounder as opposed to a top 10 pick.

Also Bush jumped 40.5 inches compared to 32 for Bolton. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

They don’t lol

Bush ran a 4.43 at the combine and Bolton ran mid 4.6s at a pro day. That’s a huge difference for two guys who are basically the same size. If Bush would have ran 4.65 he probably would have been a 2nd rounder as opposed to a top 10 pick.

Also Bush jumped 40.5 inches compared to 32 for Bolton. 

Bolton’s numbers look an awful lot like Vince Williams pro day numbers. Vince’s 40 was a 4.76 though. I’m going to die on the Zaven Collins is the only realistic ILB that is a good pick at 24 hill. I’d rather have Baron Browning, Pete Warner, or Jamin Davis over Bolton. I’d love to take Bolton if we could get him in the 4th. 

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Bolton’s numbers look an awful lot like Vince Williams pro day numbers. Vince’s 40 was a 4.76 though. I’m going to die on the Zaven Collins is the only realistic ILB that is a good pick at 24 hill. I’d rather have Baron Browning, Pete Warner, or Jamin Davis over Bolton. I’d love to take Bolton if we could get him in the 4th. 

Interesting opinion. I think that's harsh. I believe Bolton will go in the first two rounds, to us or not.
I didn't realise Bush ra a 4.43 by the way. All depends though. I still think the only pother position than
OT or RB in RD1 will be CB, but who knows.

I also like C.McGrone from UM and D.Moses, if you can get him in RD3.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

A couple of mocks have Micah Parsons falling to us FWIW.

I doubt it as Parsons is close to the Shazier model of high level athlete who has to learn to read offenses.    Baron Browning is the same way.  Someone will take a chance on Parsons in the mid teens.  Browning might be there at 24.  Not sure if that is who I would want there but YMMV

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I doubt it as Parsons is close to the Shazier model of high level athlete who has to learn to read offenses.    Baron Browning is the same way.  Someone will take a chance on Parsons in the mid teens.  Browning might be there at 24.  Not sure if that is who I would want there but YMMV

I’d like Browning in the 2nd. I did notice that the draft network has him rated as the 18th best player in the draft, though. That 2-3 round ship might have sailed.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d like Browning in the 2nd. I did notice that the draft network has him rated as the 18th best player in the draft, though. That 2-3 round ship might have sailed.

Depends on what teams are looking for.  He is a 4-3 olb.  If he is drafted as a ILB he will disappoint for a while and perhaps forever.  On the flip side, he could be the next Shaizer.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1