Pre-Draft Prospect Meetings

mwalker

Taking a 4th+ round QB is a wasted pick.  The Steelers need to focus on QBs in 2022-23, pick one out and go for him.  I would not touch Mond but I also would not draft a developmental QB in the current situation.

Newman is even worst.  Bad accuracy and decision making.  At least Mond goes through progressions.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Taking a 4th+ round QB is a wasted pick.  The Steelers need to focus on QBs in 2022-23, pick one out and go for him.  I would not touch Mond but I also would not draft a developmental QB in the current situation.

Newman is even worst.  Bad accuracy and decision making.  At least Mond goes through progressions.

I agree with this. We already have THREE developmental QBs on the roster, two of which have multiple years in the organization. Can Mond really bring anything that Dobbs can’t? Is Newman a better prospect than Haskins was? And give me Mason over Trask. Just doesn’t make sense to take a QB this year with so many holes, unless Fields drops. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

No O-linemen in that grouping. 🤔 I think that shows that we’re looking at line later, and skill guys early. I’m intrigued.

Haven't our last few 1st rounders say that Tomlin and Colbert barely talked to them?

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I haven’t heard that. I don’t pay attention as much as I have before.

I feel like Watt and Bush both said we never met with them. I’m starting to think Watt was the greatest smoke screen pick we’ve made. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I feel like Watt and Bush both said we never met with them. I’m starting to think Watt was the greatest smoke screen pick we’ve made. 

They did go to their pro days though.

16 minutes ago, AFF said:

They did go to their pro days though.

I well yea, but for years the Tombert tall tail sign was combine meet, proday meet, dinner, and a visit to lock in their first pick.  Given they've started to pick guys (I think Edmunds was one too, I think Artie was the last one) without doing their traditional steps means they are trying to hide intent a little more.