KiwiFan94 2021 Mock Draft

NickCollins36

Well it has been quite some time since I have posted one of these and why not make that return on this beautiful new year that we have. I don't normally like doing off-season type moves so this will strictly just be a mock draft and I will not have any trades. I do hope everyone enjoys and I look forward to everyone's opinions and thoughts.

2021 NFL Draft

Round One, pick 29

Name: Sam Cosmi

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 295 lbs.

Position: Offensive Tackle

School: Texas

Thoughts: I think Cosmi is slated to fall a bit in this draft, with other Tackles jumping ahead of him like Leatherwood and Eichenberg. I know going Tackle in the first round isn't they sexiest pick that we could do but it does add able depth and Cosmi is a guy that I believe will be a 10 year pro type of tackle. Good feet and hand strength still a little weak at the point of attack and could use better leverage in his run block but he definetly improved this year and I don't think we could pass on the opportunity to go this direction if he is on the board.

Round Two, pick 62

Name: Israel Mukuamu

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 205 lbs

Position: Cornerback 

School: South Carolina

Thoughts: We the pending loss of Kevin King and really the lack of a strong depth at the corner position has to make corner something we address via FA or draft and I believe we will draft. Israel Mukuamu is one of the more interesting prospects at corner who really took off his junior year and was lock down but had his ups and downs during this past season. Standing around 6'3-6'4 he is going to be one of the biggest corners in the draft, when I watch him play I see his ability to break and flip his hips which is a huge plus for me. I believe some will consider moving him to safety but I see the corner ability in him and I think he will make a great future pair with Alexander.

Round Three, pick 92

Name: Trevon Grimes

Height:  6'5"

Weight: 214 lbs.

Position: Wide Receiver

School: Florida

Thoughts: The third round is a interesting route in terms of where to go for the pick, you could land a interior defensive linemen or linebacker, or we could go the running back route but I believe Grimes is the type of player that if on the board is the receiver to snag. Florida featured Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney a lot more but that didn't stop Grimes from shinning when he was targeted and even torched Surtain for a bomb. Grimes has great size and soft hands and could be a huge target for Rodgers and another well added weapon to one of the best offense in the league

Round Four, pick 125

Name: Michael Carter

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 199 lbs.

Position: Running back

School: North Carolina

Thoughts: We are going to lose one of our best offensive weapons in Aaron Jones, but Dillion showed some good promise and I believe Carter will provide some great spark as a duo running back much as he did in college. Carter has great vision and cut backs which has resulted in him gashing some huge numbers this past season and on top of that he does provide as a threat in the passing game as well. I think that is gonna be a big key for us in selecting a running back who can provide that pass catching out of the backfield that we are gonna lose from Jones. 

Round Five, pick 156

Name: Tyler Shelvin

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 346 lbs. 

Position: Nose Tackle

School: LSU

Thoughts: This years draft is gonna have really good depth for nose tackles and Shelvin is one of my favorite among them in this years draft who will fall due to not being on the field this year. Solid at the point of attack, keeps good leverage, occupies blockers and more then not taking on double teams allowing his linebackers to have free flow to most plays. Shelvin is not going to provide much in terms of rushing the passer but he is going to add a lot of value to our run defense and I know he will added a lot of value to our linebackers by eating up blockers and allowing them to have a little bit more of a free flow.

Round Six, pick 188

Name: Wyatt Hubert

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 258 lbs.

Position: Rush Backer

School: Kansas State

Thoughts: This late in the draft it's all about different things, and one thing I like to see if taking shots at pass rushers who are over looked at for several reason and this year to me Hubert is a guy worth looking at this late. He has his physical limitations and won't blow the door off with his running numbers but he does show good push and understanding of rushing on the film.

Round Seven, pick 218

Name: Adrian Hardy

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 200 lbs.

Position: Wide Receiver

School: Louisiana Tech

Thoughts: Taking a late round flyer on a guy who was having a really productive season before majority of his season. Hardy is a solid route runner with really soft hands and is just as reliable a receiver that you can ask for. He isn't the greatest athlete and doesn't have the explosive plays but he will find his spot and get open and knows how to get his separation from defenders. 

Edited by NickCollins36
  • Like 1

Thanks for the effort. A couple things:

-I don't think Carter lasts that long.

-I'd recommend puting the position in each player right after the name. Not everyone is a draftnick and would help us seeing the big picture of what you are trying to assemble.

P.S. Compensatory picks are missing.

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Throw in a couple comp picks at IOL and ILB and a mid range DL free agent to park next to Clark and I'd have zero complaints with this off-season other than maybe Grimes. Grimes is a day 3 guy to me, I'd take Collins, Dyami Brown, Surratt, Seth Williams or Cornell Powell over him.

What is it about Grimes that you view him as a day three guy might I ask.

12 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Thanks for the effort. A couple things:

-I don't think Carter lasts that long.

-I'd recommend puting the position in each player right after the name. Not everyone is a draftnick and would help us seeing the big picture of what you are trying to assemble.

P.S. Compensatory picks are missing.

Yeah I'm iffy on Carter lasting that long really depends on how teams view other running backs in the class few guys can jump him possibly but that one was a iffy position when I picked him there

Yeah totally missed that part but I got it in there, been a while since I have done one of these so still knocking off the rust, same with the comp picks totally missed those as well. lol

1 hour ago, NickCollins36 said:

What is it about Grimes that you view him as a day three guy might I ask.

He's an alright prospect, I might have him as a 3/4th guy in other years. It's a super deep class and I just think the group I listed is the group that's going to go 3/4th round this year, and that's the bigger body guys. There's still the Eskridge, Shi Smith, Elijah Moore type body that's going to go in the same area. Don't think Grimes goes until the 5-6th round.