2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Has an argument to being the best safety in the NFL IMO. He's better than Budda Baker for sure. I think he's better than Jamal Adams too.

He's a better player than both Joyner and Littleton. We all knew that neither would be re-signed, and while some of us wanted Littleton, there's very, very few Rams fans that are fine with JJ leaving. It's obviously going to happen though.

Called the defense last year. In the three years he's played a full season, we've won 11/13/10 games and made the playoffs all three years. Not the fastest guy but he's really good in zone - really good - and is a surprisingly sure tackler. The game that cost us a playoff spot in 2019 featured a blown coverage that wouldn't have happened with him playing.

He can play either safety spot, deep or at the LOS. You don't want him manned up with WRs, but I'm not sure any safety can handle that.

It's insane how little respect he gets from the media and fans. He had less raw stats than Fitzpatrick, Baker and Mathieu but he still deserved first team all pro. 

Always in the right place. We don't have the number one defense without him - if I were a Raiders fan I'd be hesitant to sign anymore former Rams, but you can make him the highest paid safety and feel confident that he will be elite.

I agree with most of this. The dude was the leader of the Rams defense. Definitely safe to say that Rams fans have accepted the fact that he’s leaving but it hurts. The only thing that helps us is the 3rd round comp we will get and the fact that we have a potential stud waiting behind him. Not much else I can say that @FrantikRam didn’t say. Good in open space when making tackles, slow but somehow it doesn’t hurt him in coverage.. unless he’s returning an interception lol (see his first career pick vs Seattle). He doesn’t get the recognition he deserves because he was a 3rd rounder out of Boston college. Any team that grabs him will get a great player and will be spending their money very wisely.. even if they have to pay him a pretty hefty amount. 

• Like 1

24 hours away from teams being able to talk to and agree to terms with players!! 

Pretty good article for anyone who’s curious about where we can be at with some restructures. https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2021/3/14/22330230/rams-salary-cap-donald-ramsey-kupp

After seeing that, I’d much rather get rid of Ashawn than brockers if I had to pick one. I honestly forgot we had Arob lol 

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Those numbers are for 2022 cuts. Not for this season. Very misleading 

Ahh you’re right. The first half of the article was more so for right now.. I now remember it talked about next year as well when it mentioned Robinson. Does his contract last year not count since he opted out? I thought he signed for 2 years? 

I really forsee us restructuring kupp, Woods, Donald and Ramsey, Then extending Stafford. Then we get Marvin Jones a TE and either try and resign floyd or get another edge rusher looking for a payday from playing with Donald.

Not gonna be much outside of that to be honest.

13 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I really forsee us restructuring kupp, Woods, Donald and Ramsey, Then extending Stafford. Then we get Marvin Jones a TE and either try and resign floyd or get another edge rusher looking for a payday from playing with Donald.

Not gonna be much outside of that to be honest.

Looks like they’re going to have Floyd back.. at least that’s what they’re reportedly working on right now before FA starts. I think they definitely bring him back.. just hope they don’t break the bank. 

45 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Looks like they’re going to have Floyd back.. at least that’s what they’re reportedly working on right now before FA starts. I think they definitely bring him back.. just hope they don’t break the bank. 

As good as Floyd was with Donald, he disappeared when 99 got hurt. I really hope we find ourselves a real edge rusher. I grow wary of these janitors cleaning up ADs leftovers, but can’t create any chaos of their own. 

1 hour ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

As good as Floyd was with Donald, he disappeared when 99 got hurt. I really hope we find ourselves a real edge rusher. I grow wary of these janitors cleaning up ADs leftovers, but can’t create any chaos of their own. 

Although I see a much better player in Floyd when comparing Floyd and Fowler, I’m still nervous about that as well. What I’m most curious about if they do keep Floyd - is If Terrell Lewis could stay healthy and have a break out season it would be tremendous for that defense. In reality we need a repeat season or better for Floyd and one more player to do their thing and that would free AD up quite a bit. Just need to find him or have Lewis really step up. That’s all lol (sarcasm in case it’s not obvious)

• Like 2

I see the talks about us bringing Floyd back. I’m surprised they’d be able to make it work but I’d be happy if they could. I know there’s the fear of him being a one year wonder but I honestly just get the sense that he hit his stride. And even if he doesn’t maintain that pass rush presence, he’s still a well rounded player. I think he fits in really well with this team and the coaching staff clearly thinks highly of him. Also keeps some continuity on D. I’d welcome him getting extended for sure. 

I'm struggling to find the tweet, but a journalist spoke with an unnamed FA Wide Receiver about his outlook on FA, he responded: " My agent knows it doesnt matter where I end up as long as I get a 1 year deal".

If I find it, I will share, but I like that it reinforces the notion that these guys are interested in 1 year deals until the cap returns. It certains helps us in the short term as we are not a viable long term destination for any body.

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm struggling to find the tweet, but a journalist spoke with an unnamed FA Wide Receiver about his outlook on FA, he responded: " My agent knows it doesnt matter where I end up as long as I get a 1 year deal".

If I find it, I will share, but I like that it reinforces the notion that these guys are interested in 1 year deals until the cap returns. It certains helps us in the short term as we are not a viable long term destination for any body.

I got you! Saw it yesterday:

https://twitter.com/diannaespn/status/1371155955480678402?s=21 not sure how to post the actual tweet so here’s the link 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I’m honestly kind of surprised they haven’t done a single thing yet and have 25 minutes left lol 

They have two days left. League year starts on the 17th that’s when it has to be done. Today is the head start to talking to free agents but even then contracts aren’t official until Wednesday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

They have two days left. League year starts on the 17th that’s when it has to be done. Today is the head start to talking to free agents but even then contracts aren’t official until Wednesday.

I more so mean In terms of wanting to re-sign anyone. I had a feeling they’d get Floyd back before noon today which I believe is the deadline. And I know nothing is official until the 17th, but deals always get done in this period as soon as “legal tampering” starts so I hoped they’d at least have the restructures done. I guess they can also see who they’ll get and make room by Wednesday if they choose to go after anyone in the first wave.. which I really doubt right now.