2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Jesus. There's more of you.

Another name for giving up a player for nothing is "releasing them". We didn't do that, we traded Brockers and saved his dead cap in the process; resulting in more cap savings. So while the pick may be worthless, the savings is valuable to us considering Brockers/Rams couldn't agree to a restructure that worked for both parties.

We were under the cap as of yesterdays restructures and Brockers trade along with extending Stafford will give us some flexiblity to spend, but as you mentioned, until we know Floyd's figures, it's tough to determine exactly what spending might look like.

What holes do you see in this team as it currently stands?

We also have the 3rd best odds in the NFC to win the SuperBowl next year (+1200). That looks pretty good to me. 

Yes i know we gain cap by trading him but we were compulsated to do that. And i don't have to tell you that it will be hard to find a player like Brockers with a 7th round pick. 

We have holes at OL, DL, ILB and we have need  in WR CB, S. 

Damn only 5.25M for him....

2 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

How you all feel about signing antonio brown? 

Why are some people so insistent on getting big names?  Big names very rarely take substantial pay-cuts and the ones that do do-so in order to go mercenary and play on teams that are head-and-shoulders above their conference (i.e. odds-on favorite to at least make the Super Bowl).  And as long as Brady is in Tampa, we're not that.  This is where I think fantasy football has been a detriment to the sport.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Why are some people so insistent on getting big names?  Big names very rarely take substantial pay-cuts and the ones that do do-so in order to go mercenary and play on teams that are head-and-shoulders above their conference (i.e. odds-on favorite to at least make the Super Bowl).  And as long as Brady is in Tampa, we're not that.  This is where I think fantasy football has been a detriment to the sport.

I'm not necessarily looking at "big names" but rather who's left in FA that we have a realistic chance at getting for reasonable $. Brown is one of them, IMO. If he has his head on straight and can keep it on he's exactly what we need. 

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They are bolstering their OL and we are subtracting from our DL. 

Animated GIF

Guess they feel good about the guys already there like Joseph-Day, Gaines, and Robinson. Maybe we can bring back Morgan Fox.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Guess they feel good about the guys already there like Joseph-Day, Gaines, and Robinson. Maybe we can bring back Morgan Fox.

This. SJD and Gaines are young and they can contribute, but I wouldn’t mind a proven edge rusher in FA who can push Terrell Lewis. 

• Like 1