2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

I won’t miss Everett but still feel there’s some untapped potential there. Would’ve preferred he leave the division.

I was kind of hopeful that the Steelers would have grabbed him as Ebron insurance, since Vance McDonald up and retired.

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

I won’t miss Everett but still feel there’s some untapped potential there. Would’ve preferred he leave the division.

Eh to me he’s just another Brian Quick. Always teased us with flashes and never kept up with them. Would just totally disappear. And Everett always had such crucial drops. It was ALWAYS him F-ing up—that’s how it felt. 
Let Seattle have him. Not even sour grapes. I wouldn’t worry about him. 

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Eh to me he’s just another Brian Quick. Always teased us with flashes and never kept up with them. Would just totally disappear. And Everett always had such crucial drops. It was ALWAYS him F-ing up—that’s how it felt. 
Let Seattle have him. Not even sour grapes. I wouldn’t worry about him. 

I really like that comparison. Though I feel he was leaned on slightly more than quick was, I’m sure quick would have been slightly more productive with Mcvay. 

• Like 2

Stafford gets announced today and the first big name WR has fallen (Samuel). Rams are always bargain bin shoppers in FA so activity on our end could pick up in the coming days while we sift through leftovers. Also, bigger named guys who did not get the offers they expected will look to sign the 1yr "prove it" deals as a back up. Guys I'm keeping my eye on:

• Zach Ertz (via trade)
  • Jadaveon Clowney
  • Melvin Ingram
  • Justin Houston
  • Nick Martin 
  • Kyle Rudolph
  • Adoree Jackson
  • Keanu Neal
  • Jurell Casey
  • Kawann Short
  • Desean Jackson

Rams needs $1.02M to sign their rookie class.

We are operating with roughl $6.5M in cap space for FA's. If Stafford agrees to an extension, the most money it could free up would be $20Mil. However, Rapaport reported at the time of the trade that Stafford plans on playing out his existing contract and no extension was discussed. Things could change from January though. 

Floor: $5.4Mil

Ceiling: $25.4Mil

30 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Rams needs $1.02M to sign their rookie class.

We are operating with roughl $6.5M in cap space for FA's. If Stafford agrees to an extension, the most money it could free up would be $20Mil. However, Rapaport reported at the time of the trade that Stafford plans on playing out his existing contract and no extension was discussed. Things could change from January though. 

Floor: $5.4Mil

Ceiling: $25.4Mil

Just under $6 million to sign the rookie class actually before any trades.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

That's about the number for our 2nd round pick alone. And here's more to back me up from OTC itself look at the chart.

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Great catch, man. Even the blue checks get it wrong. We are just about even then and anything from the Stafford would be icing on the cake. Fingers crossed he's willing to extend. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Great catch, man. Even the blue checks get it wrong. We are just about even then and anything from the Stafford would be icing on the cake. Fingers crossed he's willing to extend. 

That nice little $2.5 million extra we gave the Lions for the trade makes it a necessity if we want to sign anything else now. 

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

That nice little $2.5 million extra we gave the Lions for the trade makes it a necessity if we want to sign anything else now. 

Updated explanation on how Cam DaSilva came to $1.02Mil for rookies:

The Rams must leave some room for their rookie class, of course. Over The Cap estimates that the Rams’ effective cap space needed to sign their draft class is only $1.02 million. That’s calculated by multiplying their total number of picks (6) by $660,000, and subtracting that from the total rookie pool of $4,981,056.The reason is that each draft pick will replace a player already counting against the cap as part of the top-51 rule. So the total space needed is much less than the sum of the rookies’ 2021 cap hits.So if you subtract $1.02 million from their estimated cap space of $7.65 million, you get $6.63 million in spending money as of now. It’s not much, but it puts them in better shape than they were in to begin the week

More information on what Stafford could bring:

They can start by either extending Stafford’s contract or simply restructuring it. Restructuring would clear about $12.3 million this year, which would put the Rams close to $19 million in effective cap space.

They could also cut Kenny Young to save another $2.18 million, putting them over $20 million in cap space. It’s unlikely that A’Shawn Robinson will be released after Brockers was traded, but cutting him after June 1 would save $3.75 million. If Austin Blythe returns, Brian Allen could be cut to save $920,000 – though releasing him seems unlikely. Signing Williams to an extension to lower his cap hit from the first-round tender ($4.77 million) is another possibility.

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Updated explanation on how Cam DaSilva came to $1.02Mil for rookies:

The Rams must leave some room for their rookie class, of course. Over The Cap estimates that the Rams’ effective cap space needed to sign their draft class is only $1.02 million. That’s calculated by multiplying their total number of picks (6) by $660,000, and subtracting that from the total rookie pool of $4,981,056.The reason is that each draft pick will replace a player already counting against the cap as part of the top-51 rule. So the total space needed is much less than the sum of the rookies’ 2021 cap hits.So if you subtract $1.02 million from their estimated cap space of $7.65 million, you get $6.63 million in spending money as of now. It’s not much, but it puts them in better shape than they were in to begin the week

More information on what Stafford could bring:

They can start by either extending Stafford’s contract or simply restructuring it. Restructuring would clear about $12.3 million this year, which would put the Rams close to $19 million in effective cap space.

They could also cut Kenny Young to save another $2.18 million, putting them over $20 million in cap space. It’s unlikely that A’Shawn Robinson will be released after Brockers was traded, but cutting him after June 1 would save $3.75 million. If Austin Blythe returns, Brian Allen could be cut to save $920,000 – though releasing him seems unlikely. Signing Williams to an extension to lower his cap hit from the first-round tender ($4.77 million) is another possibility.

Sure and rookies could actually save us money if they replace vets like Young Noteboom Allen etc etc. If he worded it differently then yes I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But point blank he said to sign the rookie class and that isn't accurate. Technically if we get rid of the three I listed above that pays the whole rookie class and makes us money back. Phrasing is everything.