2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Sure and rookies could actually save us money if they replace vets like Young Noteboom Allen etc etc. If he worded it differently then yes I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But point blank he said to sign the rookie class and that isn't accurate. Technically if we get rid of the three I listed above that pays the whole rookie class and makes us money back. Phrasing is everything. 

Oh. I'm not really big on the semantics of his statement, I'm just concerned what we have left to spend on FA's (if anything).

Seems like we might have some money to throw around on lower tier guys after all. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

So we have 5 millions now but it could go to 20 millions with Stafford new contract ? 

So what are they waiting for ? Does Stafford wants to have a competitive team ?

Stafford has to want an extension, too.

This team currently has the 3rd best odds in the NFC to win the Super Bowl. It is more than competitive.

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise 

15 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Stafford has to want an extension, too.

This team currently has the 3rd best odds in the NFC to win the Super Bowl. It is more than competitive.

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise 

Have we seen anything that has shown that a Stafford extension is not just fans' speculation? I haven't seen a report that it's actually in the works or a comment from Stafford anywhere. 

7 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Codarelle Patterson rumors...according to social media/Hekker Tweet. 

Thoughts?

Is he washed?

Talking a lot on twitter about knowing his worth and responding to people about not settling so I don't think he's taking what I'd personally be happy to give him.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:49 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Stafford gets announced today and the first big name WR has fallen (Samuel). Rams are always bargain bin shoppers in FA so activity on our end could pick up in the coming days while we sift through leftovers. Also, bigger named guys who did not get the offers they expected will look to sign the 1yr "prove it" deals as a back up. Guys I'm keeping my eye on:

• Zach Ertz (via trade)
  • Jadaveon Clowney
  • Melvin Ingram
  • Justin Houston
  • Nick Martin 
  • Kyle Rudolph
  • Adoree Jackson
  • Keanu Neal
  • Jurell Casey
  • Kawann Short
  • Desean Jackson

I'll be honest, with us extending Floyd, I almost kind of expect our "comp-pick-chasing" pickup for this offseason if we make one to be someone in the secondary, and possibly at CB2 to replace Troy Hill.  Kendall Fuller comes to mind - and I'd sure as hell take him over Adoree Jackson because I don't really think much of Adoree.  Already familiar with the scheme, would be the clear #2 to Ramsey giving him regular matchup advantages and opportunities for splash plays, and keeps Darious in the slot/freelance which is where he was most dangerous last season.  Also, CB is a more proven-consistent producer of big-money contracts than safety has been - particularly looking ahead to 2022 when the media deal will kick in and the cap should (legitimately) jump and not just proportionately to aggregate annual increases that we'd seen over the past decade.  Only other ones I'd really be interested in are Houston or Ingram - I'd be honest, I'd probably lean Houston.

3 hours ago, btfd16 said:

Talking a lot on twitter about knowing his worth and responding to people about not settling so I don't think he's taking what I'd personally be happy to give him.

He's better than what he showed in Minnesota, but honestly feel like his value is as a returner and gadget-guy comparable to what you could get from a late Day 2 pick, just already up to NFL speed of things.  Doesn't really blow my skirt up.  He would be much more than a WR4 with maybe WR3 ceiling in my book.