2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

I actually agree with you guys. Seems everyone is thinking the same. 0-6 wins would put him on a very hot seat I think. There’s no reason to go from a Super bowl appearance to below 500 (or whatever the % is with the 17th game). I don’t in any way think the rams will be that bad but was just curious how y’all felt about it. 

6 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I actually agree with you guys. Seems everyone is thinking the same. 0-6 wins would put him on a very hot seat I think. There’s no reason to go from a Super bowl appearance to below 500 (or whatever the % is with the 17th game). I don’t in any way think the rams will be that bad but was just curious how y’all felt about it. 

0-6 is not putting him on a very hot seat. with how he’s turned around the franchise, he’s certainly going to get a longer leash. And another team will scoop him up without batting an eye 

Also, there’s no way McVay is getting on the hot seat just because he’s such a competitor. His competitive edge won’t allow him to let the bar be that low to lose so many games. Of course I’m not including injuries 

he’s always going to do well, as long as the personnel he has is serviceable . He’s a young prodigy 

• Like 1

This offseason must be slow and boring for the dicussion of McVay getting fired to come up. If McVay gets fired then Ill wonder why Sean Payton hasnt gotten fired? He has had FIVE seasons with a losing record and missed the playoffs SIX times. THREE straight seasons the Saints had a losing record and FOUR of FIVE seasons they had a losing record. Yes he won a Superbowl but that was what was known as bountygate in which he got suspended the the following season for games. So you can say an asterisk mark plus the suspension doesnt look good. He did all of that with a first ballot HOF QB and top 10 QB of all-time in Brees. Not to mention even when the Saints were great the past few seasons they always came into the season as the favorites in the NFC but choked in the playoffs. Thats on Payton hands too. 

Wake me up when McVay has a losing record in a season first. Then wake me up when McVay team misses the playoffs six times with what many think is a top 10 QB. Many didnt think Goff was a top 15 QB and those who did point at McVay as the reason Goff was as good as he was. In short McVay isnt going anywhere any time soon. He is a top 5 coach in the NFL. 

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

This offseason must be slow and boring for the dicussion of McVay getting fired to come up. If McVay gets fired then Ill wonder why Sean Payton hasnt gotten fired? He has had FIVE seasons with a losing record and missed the playoffs SIX times. THREE straight seasons the Saints had a losing record and FOUR of FIVE seasons they had a losing record. Yes he won a Superbowl but that was what was known as bountygate in which he got suspended the the following season for games. So you can say an asterisk mark plus the suspension doesnt look good. He did all of that with a first ballot HOF QB and top 10 QB of all-time in Brees. Not to mention even when the Saints were great the past few seasons they always came into the season as the favorites in the NFC but choked in the playoffs. Thats on Payton hands too. 

Wake me up when McVay has a losing record in a season first. Then wake me up when McVay team misses the playoffs six times with what many think is a top 10 QB. Many didnt think Goff was a top 15 QB and those who did point at McVay as the reason Goff was as good as he was. In short McVay isnt going anywhere any time soon. He is a top 5 coach in the NFL. 

No one ever said anything about this actually happening. 

• Like 1

Looks like we might see Jalen and many others in a New Jersey number. The Nfl seems to be passing a new rule that allows different numbers at different positions 

QB- 1-19

RB-WR-TE - 1-49 80-89

Oline- 50-79

DB- 1-49

LB- 1-59 90-99

D Lineman- 50-79 90-99

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Looks like we might see Jalen and many others in a New Jersey number. The Nfl seems to be passing a new rule that allows different numbers at different positions 

QB- 1-19

RB-WR-TE - 1-49 80-89

Oline- 50-79

DB- 1-49

LB- 1-59 90-99

D Lineman- 50-79 90-99

Gross.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Agreed lol not a fan of it but it’s not going to change the game in any way. Going to be weird to see. 

That's my main issue. It's just gonna be so weird and hard to get used to. Like it's fine in college we're used to it there. Hoping it doesn't pass.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 4:42 PM, RamRod said:

That's my main issue. It's just gonna be so weird and hard to get used to. Like it's fine in college we're used to it there. Hoping it doesn't pass.

I don’t mind a couple extra positions being able to have numbers 0-19, such as RB or WR. But I just think they’re going overboard with some of those other positions being able to do so. Like I would actually like seeing Cam Akers rock #3, but I don’t want to see Troy Reeder out there in single digits.