2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

Anyone got an idea when our next jersey is going to be released? I remember seeing two more jerseys are going to be coming; one this year and one next. My guess is a yellow and potentially a black alternate.

My hope is for the white Superbowl throwback to be one of them though. Bengals just did their jersey release so maybe we saw our new one around draft time?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Anyone got an idea when our next jersey is going to be released? I remember seeing two more jerseys are going to be coming; one this year and one next. My guess is a yellow and potentially a black alternate.

My hope is for the white Superbowl throwback to be one of them though. Bengals just did their jersey release so maybe we saw our new one around draft time?

I'd still love a blue and gold STL throwback, but I know it'll never happen. The new helmet in gold would look sweet.

As long as the jerseys and pants aren't the same color, they'll be good. I hate when teams do that. 

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

I'd still love a blue and gold STL throwback, but I know it'll never happen. The new helmet in gold would look sweet.

As long as the jerseys and pants aren't the same color, they'll be good. I hate when teams do that. 

Honestly, just from a branding and market standard, I think you can give up on the gold (like a metallic gold) ever being in the color wheel for us for the foreseeable future.  It's subtle, but there is often an effort to maintain some color continuity (minus a somewhat less-subtle, but also not-overt effort over the last 15-20 years to avoid color associations with large-scale/local street gangs) across teams in the market, where available.  A considerably more yellowed-gold is pretty heavily standard across the LA market (I'm not counting MLS, because I genuinely don't believe they're factored in) - it's prominent in the Lakers and USC color-schemes, it's something the Kings have made a point to not remove fromfor  their alternate color-scheme even when they had an opportunity to maintain a switch they'd made, they switch back.  Also, the change from imperial royal and yellow to incorporate in the old gold into the color-scheme was a signifier of the move to St. Louis, which is still a raw spot for the loyalists in LA who did comeback or even maintained after the moveback (I know a decent chunk of people who still supported the Rams but did so igcognito while outright refusing to purchase/wear anything in the "St. Louis colors").

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think the yellow and black are going to be the 2. I'd be down for that I'd have to see the white but right now I just think it would look like the Colts too much.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Honestly, just from a branding and market standard, I think you can give up on the gold (like a metallic gold) ever being in the color wheel for us for the foreseeable future.  It's subtle, but there is often an effort to maintain some color continuity (minus a somewhat less-subtle, but also not-overt effort over the last 15-20 years to avoid color associations with large-scale/local street gangs) across teams in the market, where available.  A considerably more yellowed-gold is pretty heavily standard across the LA market (I'm not counting MLS, because I genuinely don't believe they're factored in) - it's prominent in the Lakers and USC color-schemes, it's something the Kings have made a point to not remove fromfor  their alternate color-scheme even when they had an opportunity to maintain a switch they'd made, they switch back.  Also, the change from imperial royal and yellow to incorporate in the old gold into the color-scheme was a signifier of the move to St. Louis, which is still a raw spot for the loyalists in LA who did comeback or even maintained after the moveback (I know a decent chunk of people who still supported the Rams but did so igcognito while outright refusing to purchase/wear anything in the "St. Louis colors").

Oh I've pretty much given up on it. Still, those uniforms are a big part of the Rams history and I feel like just having them as an alternate to wear every once in a while isn't too big of an ask. Having a navy blue jersey with the gold pants, new gold horn, and gold numbers from the bone jersey would be awesome. 

21 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Would like to sign him for more than just the one year tender but glad this is done.

I kind of wonder if all the interest we've shown in CBs in the draft we're preparing for if we can't keep Williams next off-season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I kind of wonder if all the interest we've shown in CBs in the draft we're preparing for if we can't keep Williams next off-season.

Add to that the unknown that is David Long is only signed through 2022 and it’s a very real need imo.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, Flounch said:

Sign Eric Fisher now !

Sight unseen, with him still recovering from an Achilles injury?  It sounds nice, but I'd prefer to wait.  Significant injuries below the knees have a nasty habit of being career-altering for OL.

• Like 1

ATL is accepting phone calls for Julio Jones, but he has to be moved after June 1st due to dead cap implications. This is being explored because Matt Ryan's cap explodes next season and they need the flexibility.

It's no secret the Rams have spoke with WR's and CB's more than any other position this offseason, so the interest in adding a WR is there.

Snead certainly has connections in the building. Julio will likely be highly sought after so I'm curious what he goes for. I'd consider Robert Woods and a 4th. Or a 3rd straight up and look to move Woods to another team for a 2nd-3rd to make it work cap wise.  He is certainly the big bodied, splash play WR they are looking to add for Stafford that we currently lack.

44 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

ATL is accepting phone calls for Julio Jones, but he has to be moved after June 1st due to dead cap implications. This is being explored because Matt Ryan's cap explodes next season and they need the flexibility.

It's no secret the Rams have spoke with WR's and CB's more than any other position this offseason, so the interest in adding a WR is there.

Snead certainly has connections in the building. Julio will likely be highly sought after so I'm curious what he goes for. I'd consider Robert Woods and a 4th. Or a 3rd straight up and look to move Woods to another team for a 2nd-3rd to make it work cap wise.  He is certainly the big bodied, splash play WR they are looking to add for Stafford that we currently lack.

If they are moving him for cap purposes, what makes you think we could afford him? (genuinely curious)

If we are able to get him, I'd have no problem giving them our 2nd and a future pick. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If they are moving him for cap purposes, what makes you think we could afford him? (genuinely curious)

If we are able to get him, I'd have no problem giving them our 2nd and a future pick. 

If I read it correctly, he would cost us 15.3M against the cap in 2021 as a post June 1st trade. The Robert Woods piece likely wouldnt work due to his restructure. I'm not sure what is possible though. Hekker being moved will likely free up some space and getting Stafford Julio Jones could convince him to finally extend/restrcuture. WHo knows?

• Like 1