2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

31 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

He actually improved quite a bit over his time with the Rams in blocking, I wouldn't criticize the effort or his ability in the blocking really for a backup TE. 

He did improve his blocking but he still wasn't great at it. I like GE and im not really trying to critique him, but trying to act like hes a huge loss is crazy. Same goes for Hill and Brockers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

He did improve his blocking but he still wasn't great at it. I like GE and im not really trying to critique him, but trying to act like hes a huge loss is crazy. Same goes for Hill and Brockers. 

Higbee disappeared for the rest of the season after the Philly game and Everett still couldn’t carve out a place for himself.

Higbee scored more TDs and averaged more yards with less targets. 

Everett had his shot 

10 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

I disagree with the other two but I agree on Everett. Hill in particular played 95% plus of our snaps and was a solid defender pretty sure he had two pick sixes as well. Both he and Williams were very good opposite of Ramsey. Replacing this snaps won’t be easy, keep in mind Williams only played 70% of defensive snaps. I’m tired of the Brockers debate, judging his contributions solely based on sacks is ignorant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Darious Williams was not a Top 10 CB last year, or any year. Its laughable that you are trying to pedal this nonsense. I like DWill, he is good. They are a very good duo, but you are not only claiming they are the BEST in the league, but that they are "BY FAR" and thats just not anywhere close to factual.

And then Hill is only good because he got to play with Ramsey and Williams, but that doesnt apply to Williams playing with Ramsy? Seems like a double standard. Once agiain, no one was calling for Hill to be cut. No one. Did we say he was some All Pro? No, but claiming no one wanted him is just wrong.

Not going to argue this Brockers thing again, but the fact that your first knock on him is the pass rush, tells me you are missing the point of what he does for this defense. AD know is, which is why he doesnt like him leaving, but sure hes just easily replaceable.

And who is comparing Week 1 2020 to Week 1 2021? Doesnt seem like a good comparison point. Its about where we ended last year, to where we are staring this year. My point is that there is a decent chance that how good Akers was in the second half of the season, is the best he will ever be. Thats still very good, but not every player continues to climb, especially at the RB position. Most of them are what they are from the min they step into the league till they start to decline. Thats why its the easiest position for a college player to transition to the NFL. Maybe he makes a jump, but I think he is a very good RB, but doesnt have much more projection that what we saw last year. Thats not a bad thing, its just what I see out of him. We never went "wheres that part of his game we all saw in college?"

And now youre claiming Everett was one of the WORST Tight Ends in the entire league? This is that embarrassing garbage you see from fans as they try to trash guys who left to make themselves feel better about losing them. I mean thats just an absurd comment that completely proves my point. 

Wow there is no point in debating with you. By some metrics Williams was better than Ramsey last year - go check his performance and if you don't see that he was a top 10 CB then I don't know what to tell you.

Hill wasn't close to Williams otherwise I'd be giving him more props.

3 hours ago, S-jax39 said:

Feels like the twilight zone to me when people are playing them up so much.

22 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Wow there is no point in debating with you. By some metrics Williams was better than Ramsey last year - go check his performance and if you don't see that he was a top 10 CB then I don't know what to tell you.

Hill wasn't close to Williams otherwise I'd be giving him more props.

Bruh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Bruh.

I don't actually think he was, but IIRC some of the numbers like passer rating allowed favor Williams. I know those aren't always reliable, but not many stats are for CBs.

I think Ramsey was one of the three best CBs last year and I think Williams was around the 10th best. 

4 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I don't actually think he was, but IIRC some of the numbers like passer rating allowed favor Williams. I know those aren't always reliable, but not many stats are for CBs.

I think Ramsey was one of the three best CBs last year and I think Williams was around the 10th best. 

That's because Ramsey was taking the #1 WR whenever we played a top WR. Our genius DC treated Ramsey like far and away the best defender on the team outside of Aaron Donald. Gotta put those things in the appropriate context.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RamRod said:

Starting to get used to these new number rules and not hate it so much. Still liked Akers in 23 more.

Literally just won an autographed Akers jersey and it's #23. Let's hope it's a collector's item when he gets into the HoF one day.

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Starting Oline looked like this yesterday 

Havenstein 

Evans

Corbett

Edwards 

Whitworth

Kind of what we figured. Noteboom and Anchorum as floaters. I'm OK with this line and think it can perform above average, my only concern is the depth and what happens if we see a major injury. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Kind of what we figured. Noteboom and Anchorum as floaters. I'm OK with this line and think it can perform above average, my only concern is the depth and what happens if we see a major injury. 

Hopefully a full offseason helps but we've really never seen Evans string even a couple quarters together of consistent play. If they all stay healthy, he'd be the only guy I'd worry about. I think he was definitely the weakest link the Packers game where the line crumbled.