2021 off-season discussion

54 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Hopefully a full offseason helps but we've really never seen Evans string even a couple quarters together of consistent play. If they all stay healthy, he'd be the only guy I'd worry about. I think he was definitely the weakest link the Packers game where the line crumbled. 

That’s my concern with evans as well. Just can’t stay healthy. 

Posted (edited)

Evans at RG is a big question mark. A dive pushed for Corbett at center but we don’t know how he’ll perform there yet. Depth will be a question too.

Edited by NVRamsFan
21 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Lol “I don’t know if they can or how they could but they should get him”. I guess it’s a nice pipe dream.

Lol yeah.. even if they did want him, I’d imagine they would get outbid fairly easily considering most teams have more to offer. The rams would need a stafford situation where Julio wants to go to LA. 

• Like 1
On 5/10/2021 at 12:32 PM, MDY10 said:
On 5/10/2021 at 4:59 AM, FrantikRam said:

Long has more talent than Hill did - and Rams fans wanted Hill cut every year - that he had a good year last year seems more of a product of the secondary. Long could end up being an upgrade there, but like when we went from Fowler to Floyd, I doubt it'll be a downgrade.

I kind of feel like the Rochell pick was because they didn’t feel confident about Long and how he has developed. I could definitely be wrong though. They seemed to really want to grab a CB since the pre draft process started. Would be awesome to have 4 guys they can trust. 

Rochell is a year out from meaningful minutes unless he just utterly develops waaaay ahead of schedule.  Setting aside the leve lfo competition faced, he's still got a good amount of necessary technical refinement to undergo before he's remotely close to ready to start or seeing anything beyond nickel (or realistically, probably dimeback) duty.  Not too different (this is much more a situational comp than a straight up prospect to prospect comp) from James Bradbury when he entered the league on the Panthers' roster.

• Like 1
On 5/19/2021 at 12:34 PM, MDY10 said:

Lol yeah.. even if they did want him, I’d imagine they would get outbid fairly easily considering most teams have more to offer. The rams would need a stafford situation where Julio wants to go to LA. 

Actually I think Kupp and a 2nd would be more than most teams would offer.

For example, if the Colts offered their first - would we trade Kupp and our 2nd for their first? Hell no. Or at least I wouldn't.

The Falcons should jump at that deal too - while Kupp doesn't always stay healthy, Julio is on another level the last few years, needing to be rotated in and out constantly. Kupp does different things than Ridley, so that complement would be great for the next 3-4 years. The additional 2nd would give them more ammo and flexibility in the draft next year.

For the Rams, we would likely have Julio and Woods on the outside with VJ in the slot.

I love Kupp so even I probably wouldn't do this - but it might be better for both teams in the long run.

There seems like a good chance that we move on from Woods or Kupp in the next two years anyway, and Julio, if he can stay healthy, makes our offense much better for this year.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Actually I think Kupp and a 2nd would be more than most teams would offer.

For example, if the Colts offered their first - would we trade Kupp and our 2nd for their first? Hell no. Or at least I wouldn't.

The Falcons should jump at that deal too - while Kupp doesn't always stay healthy, Julio is on another level the last few years, needing to be rotated in and out constantly. Kupp does different things than Ridley, so that complement would be great for the next 3-4 years. The additional 2nd would give them more ammo and flexibility in the draft next year.

For the Rams, we would likely have Julio and Woods on the outside with VJ in the slot.

I love Kupp so even I probably wouldn't do this - but it might be better for both teams in the long run.

There seems like a good chance that we move on from Woods or Kupp in the next two years anyway, and Julio, if he can stay healthy, makes our offense much better for this year.

I agree with this and also wouldn't do that deal (Kupp + 2nd).

It's fun to day dream about Julio and we are one of the most aggressive teams in the league, but this likely isn't going to happen. Would be sick though to see Stafford have his most talent WR since Calvin.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I agree with this and also wouldn't do that deal (Kupp + 2nd).

It's fun to day dream about Julio and we are one of the most aggressive teams in the league, but this likely isn't going to happen. Would be sick though to see Stafford have his most talent WR since Calvin.

I also agree with what he said. While I would much rather trade woods and a 2 and even another 2 the following year for Julio, I would understand if Kupp was traded. That said, as sick as it sounds, I prefer not to get my hopes up because it’s just not happening 😂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

People talking about trading Kupp or Woods to get Julio need to look at the cap consequences. 

This ish been said for 

Gurley, Cooks and Goff..

15 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

This ish been said for 

Gurley, Cooks and Goff..

And by that doing that ish, we only keep digging ourselves into a deeper hole. That, of course, forced us to RESTRUCTURE both Kupp and Woods this offseason. Because we did that, even if we trade either after June 1st (which just pushes the buttload of dead money into 2022), we barely save any money.

Julio, conversely, costs over $15 million to acquire. Could we hypothetically create the cap space needed to make it work? Yes. But it would require more moves that could hamstring us long term. I guess it would fit with the continued focus on making moves to win this year without much care for the long-term ramifications.

• Like 2