Jump to content

2021 off-season discussion


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, JonStark said:

Guess I was wrong. If they are legit, it's a little anticlimactic but I like it. 

Was thinking the same thing. Just so similar to the Bone that it feels like a let down after such anticipation if those really are. Just feels like a waste of a jersey since we already have an off-white 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2021 at 9:18 AM, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Was thinking the same thing. Just so similar to the Bone that it feels like a let down after such anticipation if those really are. Just feels like a waste of a jersey since we already have an off-white 

I read the official release is July 25th so we'll see. And I also heard similar to @JonStarkit was a custom jersey designed for autographs and not official. Either way, I just want a white and yellow sleeve Stafford for the season. Maybe this one will ship before Thanksgiving if I place it now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the ones in the Tutu pick. But I don't understand the direction of the design. Last year's re-design was trying to go super modern. I would have thought we would have stayed in that lane with 100% sols or an all-white with blue as a modern take on the Roman Gabriel unis. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also not coincidence they released these this year. We’re hosting the SB and the NFC is the away team. So we come out with a throwback to what we wore when the GSOT won it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Thank god they killed Bone, why they ever thought that was a good idea is beyond comprehension.

 

For starters, I actually like the Bone. A lot of others do as well. And they’re also not killing it—it’s still their default away jersey

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

For starters, I actually like the Bone. A lot of others do as well. And they’re also not killing it—it’s still their default away jersey

The bone with the blue I liked. Bone with sol was nice too but these new ones are a definite upgrade. Bone on bone was a disaster imo though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

For starters, I actually like the Bone. A lot of others do as well. And they’re also not killing it—it’s still their default away jersey

I think the bone is a cool alternative, but I wish they would make these the default away and just wear the bone every once in a while. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I think the bone is a cool alternative, but I wish they would make these the default away and just wear the bone every once in a while. 

If these launched last year the blowback would have been nil. Instead we were dragged through the mud all season. @NVRamsFanmade a valid point about the timing though. 

 

We wear these 3x this year and it could increase in 2022. I don't mind the bone, but when comparing it to the white "modern throwback", there's no comparsion. Stafford jersey should be here by kick off

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

For starters, I actually like the Bone. A lot of others do as well. And they’re also not killing it—it’s still their default away jersey

This is their first foray into killing it off. At least that’s how it’s gone in the NFL this past decade. Bone will still be around for a bit unless the league just lets them drop it. But I’d be shocked if it’s here beyond 4 years and with this white alternate they could make it almost unseen in the interim, even moreso than they did the weird white horn St Louis Navy Jersey combo they were forced into a couple times in LA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

If these launched last year the blowback would have been nil. Instead we were dragged through the mud all season. @NVRamsFanmade a valid point about the timing though. 

 

We wear these 3x this year and it could increase in 2022. I don't mind the bone, but when comparing it to the white "modern throwback", there's no comparsion. Stafford jersey should be here by kick off

While I don’t disagree with everything you’re saying, I think had the new ones and the Bone been flip flopped for release times, fans would have been WAY less receptive to the Bone—which was pretty mixed in terms of reviews anyway. With the bone being an off white, it just makes it so similar to the new white ones anyway. And while these news ones are undoubtedly better (they’re just awesome overall), I think it makes it OK with it being similar since they are the better ones. Had it been vice versa, I think there’d have been a lot of outrage over the bone and it would have never stood a chance

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...