2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

In non Jersey related thoughts, looks like Jordan Matthews is trying to make a comeback as a TE. 

Now thats a project Id actually like to see us take a shot on

Would be pretty interesting, just not sure we do it with a few projects a TE already.

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Would be pretty interesting, just not sure we do it with a few projects a TE already.

I mean neither of those guys are guaranteed to make the roster either. And I dont think that Mathews will be a lock an any of the 32 team in the league at this point.

But he is a guy who has proven he can make it in the league, and has done so as a pass catcher. Feels like its a good option to try, especially a guy who is going to be coming in as a camp body.

Actually seeing as we are already running these projects, he might fit right in

27 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean neither of those guys are guaranteed to make the roster either. And I dont think that Mathews will be a lock an any of the 32 team in the league at this point.

But he is a guy who has proven he can make it in the league, and has done so as a pass catcher. Feels like its a good option to try, especially a guy who is going to be coming in as a camp body.

Another lottery ticket as they say. Yeah I think it would be interesting.

20 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don't hate it and it certainly can't hurt, but I wouldn't want to take any reps away from Hopkins and Harris. We've used a decent amount of draft capital on them these past 2 years so it would be great to get them on the field as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I don't hate it and it certainly can't hurt, but I wouldn't want to take any reps away from Hopkins and Harris. We've used a decent amount of draft capital on them these past 2 years so it would be great to get them on the field as much as possible. 

Ehh, I dont consider anything outside of the Top 100 picks to be much of an investment. And once again, Mathews has proven his abilities in the NFL. Hopkins and Harris, while Im excited to see what they can do, have proven absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ehh, I dont consider anything outside of the Top 100 picks to be much of an investment. And once again, Mathews has proven his abilities in the NFL. Hopkins and Harris, while Im excited to see what they can do, have proven absolutely nothing.

Anything 4th round and below is significant to me.  Again, I don't hate it, but excited to see what we have. I agree neither have proven anything, but also haven't been given to opportunity to. Excited to see where Matthews catches on though; could be a good story. I think Kelvin Benjamin signed with the Giants in May to do something similar (transition to TE). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I think it’s the end of the road in this Hekker era. I’m sure he’ll be in Dallas very soon. 

Saw the tweets about DAL clearing cap space by converting part of Zeke's salary into a bonus. It makes sense. I will miss Hekker. Truly end of an era.

Next question is, who do we sign with the cap space created? IOL and OLB are my top 2 positions of interest.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Saw the tweets about DAL clearing cap space by converting part of Zeke's salary into a bonus. It makes sense. I will miss Hekker. Truly end of an era.

Next question is, who do we sign with the cap space created? IOL and OLB are my top 2 positions of interest.

Sony

On 8/26/2021 at 4:15 PM, MDY10 said:

A’Shawn Robinson had a minor knee procedure and will be out “a few weeks”. 

Bit of a bummer 

Seriously??? Come on man. I was all excited for him to have a break out year; the man put in all of that work losing weight and here comes a setback.

• Like 1