2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

6 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Depending on his asking price, Gabe Jackson might be a name to kick the tires on.  Maybe BJ Finney since he actually looked pretty solid at RG for the Steelers when he was there, and at least offers value as middling cover at center.  But it's an understatement to say I'd prefer Jackson of the two.

He's a crazy person, but Richie Incognito might also be an interesting name. 

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He literally wanted his dad's head cut off. That's not hyperbole either. I'm going to pass.

{yes, I realize you prefaced it with he's a 'crazy person'}

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm pretty confident he's going to sign back up with the Raiders just on a more cap-friendly (doesn't necessarily mean cheaper just structured more cap-friendly) contract.  The Raiders look like they're going to try to plug their many holes in free agency again (because, apparently, no one learned from the fact that that didn't really work for Jacksonville when they implemented that strategy) this offseason.  They're all-in for 8-8, when if anyone had the kind of job security to just punt a year, embrace the tank, and maneuver to set his team up to be major players (in terms of free agency, draft capital, and possibly even trades for bonafide star players) it's Gruden.  But he won't because of his ego.

I've see Michael Brockers and Rob Havenstein linked to the Rams as potential trade candidates. Have to think Baltimore will be interested in Brockers again, probably same for Havenstein with a need a RT.

Brockers + Havenstein +3rd for Orlando Brown...too much? Not enough? 

23 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Per Albert Breer, the Rams have said that Brockers is available for trade. He also reported that teams have asked about Robert Woods but that we’re not likely to move him. 

Im curious to see what we could get for Brockers. 

I really don't want to move Woods but I do feel like our top 3 WR all play a similar role. If we could move him and sign Marvin Jones, our offense might be a little more dynamic and we could possibly save a little money. 

The question is.. if they don’t trade brockers will they just cut him?? A lot of big name cuts coming this week for a lot of teams. Curious how they plan to replace one of the most underrated and important pieces to our defense not named AD for a little while now. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

The question is.. if they don’t trade brockers will they just cut him?? A lot of big name cuts coming this week for a lot of teams. Curious how they plan to replace one of the most underrated and important pieces to our defense not named AD for a little while now. 

Yeah he’s a guy that’s been mentioned amongst us pretty often as far as cap casualties. Would be nice to see us get anything of value in return. And while he is underrated in what he does and he’s someone I’d rather have than A’Shawn Robinson, I think I’d rather have Morgan Fox than either. And if trading Brockers makes that more of a possibility than I’m for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I really don't want to move Woods but I do feel like our top 3 WR all play a similar role. If we could move him and sign Marvin Jones, our offense might be a little more dynamic and we could possibly save a little money. 

Ehh I honestly would prefer to keep Woods. He’s our most reliable WR and despite them all having similar skill sets I think Woods is the most explosive and I’d be willing to bet we see more shots down field to him now that Stafford is at helm 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

As nice as it would be to get something for him a lot of teams are cutting payroll. I don’t want to lose him but release is a possibility.

3 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Per Albert Breer, the Rams have said that Brockers is available for trade. He also reported that teams have asked about Robert Woods but that we’re not likely to move him. 

Im curious to see what we could get for Brockers. 

So to recap: Brockers, Havenstein, Woods all on the block or gaining interest.

Only named linked to the Rams in a trade is Zach Ertz with Chargers and Colts linked as well (Colts favorite). My gut tells me we're going to see alot more changes this offseason and likely this week. ODB is a name I'm keeping an eye out for as we were linked to him before we traded for Cooks, he's the big play threat we lack, and is likely available from Cleveland. I'd consider trading Woods + X for ODB. Depends what X would be though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Trading Woods would be a big mistake and i don't think Mcvay wants to trade him. It doesn't make sense to trade him, he's our best receiver and who can do it all. 

I hope Snead has a plan to get salary cap space....

The more I let that thought sit, the more I welcome it with the right circumstances. I too am not a fan of trading woods UNLESS we get a good haul for him. Maybe not exactly what the Vikings got for Diggs but a step down from it. Woods is 28 and in his prime.. I’m not crying if we yield a late first and a mid round pick AND clear up 12 million.. He has one of the most team friendly contracts in the league and that bumps his value up slightly in a time where teams are struggling with CAP. 

Again, he’s one of my favorites and the fan base wouldn’t be happy about it.. but if they get a decent haul for him I can see many understanding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

The more I let that thought sit, the more I welcome it with the right circumstances. I too am not a fan of trading woods UNLESS we get a good haul for him. Maybe not exactly what the Vikings got for Diggs but a step down from it. Woods is 28 and in his prime.. I’m not crying if we yield a late first and a mid round pick AND clear up 12 million.. He has one of the most team friendly contracts in the league and that bumps his value up slightly in a time where teams are struggling with CAP. 

Again, he’s one of my favorites and the fan base wouldn’t be happy about it.. but if they get a decent haul for him I can see many understanding. 

I love Bobby Trees, but I understand why it would need to be done. If we can get a late 1st(doubtful) or 2nd, I would welcome it.  I always saw Woods and Kupp as redundant. I think Jefferson was drafted with the notion that this might happen. I like Jefferson alot and it fits the mold of drafting a year ahead of need.

Donald/Ramsey are the only untouchables as we've seen. If Gurley, Cooks, and Goff can be moved off of, then Woods would fit that mold as well. 

Wood for ODB would be epic, but 1 for 1 trades never happen in the NFL.