Jump to content

2021 off-season discussion


BStanRamFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

I love Bobby Trees, but I understand why it would need to be done. If we can get a late 1st(doubtful) or 2nd, I would welcome it.  I always saw Woods and Kupp as redundant. I think Jefferson was drafted with the notion that this might happen. I like Jefferson alot and it fits the mold of drafting a year ahead of need.

Donald/Ramsey are the only untouchables as we've seen. If Gurley, Cooks, and Goff can be moved off of, then Woods would fit that mold as well. 

Wood for ODB would be epic, but 1 for 1 trades never happen in the NFL.

I agree.. and just to clear it up, ODB meaning OBJ? I’ve always been a huge fan of his and still am but I’d be a bit worried about his contract. It almost makes no sense to get rid of such a team friendly deal to replace it with a huge one with no guarantee he’ll be better than woods. 
 

It feels like they’re willing to cut ties with many players that they normally wouldn’t just to be able to spend a bit in this very deep FA class. The names that are hitting the market are pretty wild. Something that interests me so much are all the good LBs. the Bucs have two hitting FA after the Godwin tag with lavante and Barrett, the Steelers have bud Dupree, and a few others out there that are clear upgrades for us.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MDY10 said:

I agree.. and just to clear it up, ODB meaning OBJ? I’ve always been a huge fan of his and still am but I’d be a bit worried about his contract. It almost makes no sense to get rid of such a team friendly deal to replace it with a huge one with no guarantee he’ll be better than woods. 
 

It feels like they’re willing to cut ties with many players that they normally wouldn’t just to be able to spend a bit in this very deep FA class. The names that are hitting the market are pretty wild. Something that interests me so much are all the good LBs. the Bucs have two hitting FA after the Godwin tag with lavante and Barrett, the Steelers have bud Dupree, and a few others out there that are clear upgrades for us.
 

Yes, meant OBJ. I agree with the cap perspective, but I see him as adding 2 positions in one. He would be our #1 WR plus our deep play/explosive play target. If we keep Woods, we still need to add that playmaker via FA so those two players cap would be equal to OBJ. (possibly draft). It makes us more top heavy, but that's just the approach this team has taken. His injuries would be the only way he's not better than Woods. If healthy, he's a top 5 WR in the league. 

Bud Dupree is a very interesting name to add to the Von Miller/Melvin Ingram discussion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Donald/Ramsey are the only untouchables as we've seen. If Gurley, Cooks, and Goff can be moved off of, then Woods would fit that mold as well. 

I don't think Ramsey is untouchable unless we are strictly talking about this offseason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yes, meant OBJ. I agree with the cap perspective, but I see him as adding 2 positions in one. He would be our #1 WR plus our deep play/explosive play target. If we keep Woods, we still need to add that playmaker via FA so those two players cap would be equal to OBJ. (possibly draft). It makes us more top heavy, but that's just the approach this team has taken. His injuries would be the only way he's not better than Woods. If healthy, he's a top 5 WR in the league. 

Bud Dupree is a very interesting name to add to the Von Miller/Melvin Ingram discussion. 

Idk with OBJ I just feel like he peaked early and he’s still living off of a few great years early into his career. The health concerns are huge with him but even that aside I don’t even consider him a top 10 WR—let alone top 5. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Kyle Long back in the NFL. Have zero idea what his market will be but interesting at least.

 

 

I'd be interested but I couldn't imagine he'd have a big market. A year away + his injury history basically means any team that is signing him has to see him as a plan B or has to have another starting caliber lineman in place in the likely chance that he misses time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yes, meant OBJ. I agree with the cap perspective, but I see him as adding 2 positions in one. He would be our #1 WR plus our deep play/explosive play target. If we keep Woods, we still need to add that playmaker via FA so those two players cap would be equal to OBJ. (possibly draft). It makes us more top heavy, but that's just the approach this team has taken. His injuries would be the only way he's not better than Woods. If healthy, he's a top 5 WR in the league. 

Bud Dupree is a very interesting name to add to the Von Miller/Melvin Ingram discussion. 

Yeah the injury concerns are real concerns with him. I think he’s capable of great things.. I truly do. However it seems like no one has been able to get it out of him for more than a game or two. There’s just always something off about him. It’s not often you see a team lose a star weapon and they start to play better as a team. For the right price though I could never be upset. 
 

agreed, many defensive players we need to look at. 

11 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Kyle Long back in the NFL. Have zero idea what his market will be but interesting at least.

 

 

I’d love this!! He could come cheap too. If he’s still got it.. i wouldn’t hesitate. 
 

Kenny Galladay will be a FA.. imagine him back with stafford!? I think I’d take him over any receiver available. However the price will be way too high for us. 
Hunter Henry seems like the perfect fit for us too.. but again the price will be too high. This might be a frustrating FA period for us 😂

Edited by MDY10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Puts us at -33.2M.

I expected this disease to kill someone close to me, ruin my mental health, and put a strain on my relationship. But I never thought it would impact the Rams like this. How many lives must be ruined?!

 

 screaming homer simpson GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I expected this disease to kill someone close to me, ruin my mental health, and put a strain on my relationship. But I never thought it would impact the Rams like this. How many lives must be ruined?!

 

 screaming homer simpson GIF

Yea, not good. Means Brockers and Woods probably on their way out now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Yea, not good. Means Brockers and Woods probably on their way out now. 

I actaully think it might mean more than that. Could see Havenstein or even Hekker be released/traded.

Ramsey/Donald/Stafford restructure or extension seem inevitable as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we will be fine with restructures to Ramsey/Donald and extend Stafford 1 year. It just means we will not have much to work with in FA which we knew all along would likely be the case. 

We'll likely need another draft like last year where we can get 2-4 key contributors as rookies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone catch the Snead interview? https://youtu.be/ElgmSOztrEs

 

Talks about the off-season a bit and some plans. They definitely wouldn’t stop asking about the trade.. which got annoying. I did end up thinking tomorrow or Friday could be the day we see some trades and cuts from the rams. Now that they know the official numbers it’s time to make room. Seems like it’s all they were waiting for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...