2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

6 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

If we had to trade a WR to make the $ work who would you rather see go...or which one do we keep; Kupp or Woods? 

Kupp more injury prone than woods. Woods is also older. 

In a vacuum I'd rather keep Woods, but I feel like moving him will save us more money.

• Like 1

Any surprise players you guys think will be cut?? No wrong answers really.. might as well see if anyone gets any non obvious ones right.. im going 

1. Brockers (many expect this) 

2. Whitworth (this one breaks my heart)

3. Hekker (another heart breaker) 

38 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Any surprise players you guys think will be cut?? No wrong answers really.. might as well see if anyone gets any non obvious ones right.. im going 

I think Brockers would be first on that list considering he’s already on the block. And sad to say but I agree that Whit may be another if it comes down to it. I know people have said Havenstein a lot but I think it’s a lot more like that Whit would considering his age and the team may just be likely to move on with a successor on their own terms rather than his. 

2 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I think Brockers would be first on that list considering he’s already on the block. And sad to say but I agree that Whit may be another if it comes down to it. I know people have said Havenstein a lot but I think it’s a lot more like that Whit would considering his age and the team may just be likely to move on with a successor on their own terms rather than his. 

Yeah brockers will in no way be a surprise. As for Whit, he’s going to have to be back cheap to even have a chance imo. Hopefully these restructures that are potentially coming up will help a ton. Apparently they’re very high on Anchrum (spelling might be off). I’ve seen people mention trading woods and using that money for Golladay lol I wish but there’s no way.. is there? 😬

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I think Brock is inevitable. Hearing Snead mention SBJ and the linemen we stuffed on the PS last year sealed it for me.

I think Whit stays. Just a gut feeling. He sounds like he truly loves it here and is just ring searching at this point. Guy rushed back from injury last season for his team. Only thing that scares me is KC cutting both Tackles. Could give Whit a market in that superbowl window.

I love Hekker man. He had a down season, but when he's right, he flips field position for us like no other. Hope he stays.

**Sidenote: with KC cutting both Tackles, I think that gives us a trade partner for Havenstein to compete with Baltimore.

• Like 1

As some of you just said, Definitely some lineman out there now for the rams to choose from. One of them has to be willing to sign cheap for a run at a ring. Some good players out there. It’s almost frustrating that we can’t just go nuts lol 

42 minutes ago, Flounch said:

The Chiefs released Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz....i would like to see one of them in Rams uniform. 

Also, are we 1 of the 6 teams involved in Orlando Brown trade ? 

Fisher tore his achilles in late January. I'd be surprised if he was ready this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

We just traded for a veteran QB to go all in on a Super Bowl. No way we cut our best OL who also happens to be our LT and a locker room leader. That would absolutely shock me (in the worst ways). I also doubt we cut Hav. You'd think he'd have trade value. He is a top 10 RT (at worst) and is on an affordable contract (2 years $14 million for the team that acquires him).

• Like 2

I think one thing to consider is there is a huge influx of FA hitting the market. Really good players at that, and with most competitive teams being low on cap space. We could see some super cheap FA deals for like 1 year. Just because the market is gonna have so many FAs floating around. Teams won't be willing to pay huge money for b list players.

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

The Chiefs released Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz....i would like to see one of them in Rams uniform. 

Also, are we 1 of the 6 teams involved in Orlando Brown trade ? 

Goodness I hope we aren't in on Brown.

Mentioned on ROD, but 

1. Don't have the capital

2. Wants to play LT and LT now because pops

3. Will want to get paid next season like an LT even though we do not have a good sample size to see if he deserves LT money.

Personally, pass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Fisher tore his achilles in late January. I'd be surprised if he was ready this year. 

And Schwartz has been battling a pretty gnarly back injury (backs and feet are bad injuries for OL and have tended to be career-ending/altering) and is said to be strongly considering retirement.