Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Bears per non-verified twitter.

Which would be fitting for all parties, really.

9 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Bears finally get a QB who even has potential to be top10 in the league? 

No. It wouldn't. It would be the opposite for both sides. And no....Wentz doesn't NOT have top-10 potential. 

Giving up a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick for Wentz would be a terrible trade.

The Bears are a terrible place for him to go to try and reinvent his career.  Wentz not only has limited physical qualities for a QB but his mental state has to be shot at this point and Nagy is not the guy to try to "fix" him.   

In 2017, he was a front-runner for MVP and looked at the future franchise QB until he gets hurts with a few games left in the regular season.  Then he has to watch his backup (Foles) come in and tear up the Belichick-Brady Patriots enroute to the teams first SB win in history and a SBMVP.  This left many wondering just how important Wentz really meant to the success of the team. 

Then 2018, Wentz comes back, gets injured again and isn't nearly as good as he was in 2017 and his team needed the Bears help in week 17 just to make the playoffs (if the Vikes beat the Bears then the Eagles don't even make the playoffs) and he struggles in both playoff games.  

2019, he struggles again and watches his team draft a QB in the 2nd round. 

2020, he hits a wall and hits it HARD and is eventually benched by said 2nd round QB.

Wentz is mentally shot at this point and Matt Nagy is not the guy to turn to.  Nagy, has shown to be an indecisive OC with no ability to get the most out a QB -- albeit in a short time as a HC/OC.  He changes his offense more often than we change underwear and that's the last thing to do with a QB who is already having a hard time understanding the offense, the language, and reading the defense. 

I would assume Foles would be the backup because 6M for a backup QB is pretty cheap (although releasing him would only cost 3.6M and they may just do it as favor to him).  If Pace goes this route then it's nothing more than Pace/Nagy/Deflippo trying to recreate the anomaly that happened in 2017 when the Eagles won the SB and nothing more.

The one positive that I could see in the Bears getting Wentz is that we will finish the 2021 season with a top-11 pick and Pace/Nagy are fired and we start over with a new regime in 2021 with a plethora of ammo to help spring forward the rebuild.   

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

C'mon Chicago - two firsts, a 2nd, a 3rd and Roquan Smith! Keep pushing that Watson trade comp to the moon! 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Please do it, Pace. Please. 

Both of you guys can go straight to hell!  I mean straight down too!  Do not pass go or collect 200 dollars. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No. It wouldn't. It would be the opposite for both sides. And no....Wentz doesn't NOT have top-10 potential. 

Giving up a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick for Wentz would be a terrible trade.

The Bears are a terrible place for him to go to try and reinvent his career.  Wentz not only has limited physical qualities for a QB but his mental state has to be shot at this point and Nagy is not the guy to try to "fix" him.   

In 2017, he was a front-runner for MVP and looked at the future franchise QB until he gets hurts with a few games left in the regular season.  Then he has to watch his backup (Foles) come in and tear up the Belichick-Brady Patriots enroute to the teams first SB win in history and a SBMVP.  This left many wondering just how important Wentz really meant to the success of the team. 

Then 2018, Wentz comes back, gets injured again and isn't nearly as good as he was in 2017 and his team needed the Bears help in week 17 just to make the playoffs (if the Vikes beat the Bears then the Eagles don't even make the playoffs) and he struggles in both playoff games.  

2019, he struggles again and watches his team draft a QB in the 2nd round. 

2020, he hits a wall and hits it HARD and is eventually benched by said 2nd round QB.

Wentz is mentally shot at this point and Matt Nagy is not the guy to turn to.  Nagy, has shown to be an indecisive OC with no ability to get the most out a QB -- albeit in a short time as a HC/OC.  He changes his offense more often than we change underwear and that's the last thing to do with a QB who is already having a hard time understanding the offense, the language, and reading the defense. 

I would assume Foles would be the backup because 6M for a backup QB is pretty cheap (although releasing him would only cost 3.6M and they may just do it as favor to him).  If Pace goes this route then it's nothing more than Pace/Nagy/Deflippo trying to recreate the anomaly that happened in 2017 when the Eagles won the SB and nothing more.

The one positive that I could see in the Bears getting Wentz is that we will finish the 2021 season with a top-11 pick and Pace/Nagy are fired and we start over with a new regime in 2021 with a plethora of ammo to help spring forward the rebuild.   

Yep, any team trading for Wentz should be RECEIVING a first unless PHI is eating that terrible contract.

There is no bonus to getting Wentz in Chicago.

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Both of you guys can go straight to hell!  I mean straight down too!  Do not pass go or collect 200 dollars. 

To the 7th circle of Hell at that!!!

• Like 2

Lots going on here:

First, That was not Wentz last year. He got injured in the offseason and Prince harry tried to fill in.

Nice try, old chap!

Carson-Wentz-Prince-Harry.png

Second, of all possible scenarios the one I want the least is Aaron Rodgers at 38.

We've done passive aggressive QB getting offended by Philly boos... HARD PASS

He could not win with those last 2 Packers teams but he's going to turn Philly around before he's 40?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

There is no package or trade out of the #1 Pick for Jacksonville baring a last minute injury to Lawrence. Least of all the one above.

Uhmmm, are you trying to jinx it even more for Jacksonville! 😂 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/05/trevor-lawrence-has-labrum-injury-in-left-shoulder/amp/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:
nvm.

If it’s a cheap enough trade, I still think Indy’s the best place for Wentz. Though as others have mentioned, the Eagles need to throw in additional picks if the Colts are going to take on his salary.

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

If it’s a cheap enough trade, I still think Indy’s the best place for Wentz. Though as others have mentioned, the Eagles need to throw in additional picks if the Colts are going to take on his salary.

It seems like the Bears are more desperate to get him which is fine by me. Wentz is too much of a gamble to risk on. 

Wentz already has his big wad of sweaty money from Philly

I think he would be willing to adjust his contract for a new team.

I'm not talking abut a deep discount, but maybe less guarantees pushing to future years and maybe some bonus for flexibility. No one ever says no to bonuses.