Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Apparently there are a lot of bad stories about Wentz. Interesting in seeing what the Eagles get cause his stock is about as low as it can be and if they get a first round pick that would say a lot about the QB market. 

feel like it will be the Bears or 49ers

I know of 2 bad stories and some general scuttlebutt

Bad Stories

1- Alshon Jeffrey is a whiny prima donna who wanted the ball more so he cried about Wentz.

Unnamed Eagles Sources = Big Mouth Jeffrey

2 - Some scumbag ex-Cowboy who was an Eagle for like 10 days cried about Wentz.

• Unamed Eagles sources = The shambling corpse of Orlando Scandrick

Josina "Go Cowboys!" Anderson told these stories with glee.

Scuttlebutt

There was a bit of an immaturity thing when he was very young (he was not an instant Brady type leader from go)

• That was made worse by the fact that Foles is that kind of leader

He's been accused of Hero Ball in general but with the slop he has played with the last 2 years its easy to see why.

• No NFL GM expects to win with what the 2020 Eagles put on the field and Wentz did win and make the playoffs anyway in 2019.
  • NOTE: The last time the Eagles had anywhere near that many injuries was 2012 and Andy Reid put up a  4-12 record

Not a thing:

He made a few bad reads late in 2018 games that led to him being 5-6 instead of 7-4, but those were in his first 35 career starts or so, QBs grow as they play.

If there is anything else, I have not heard it.

Edited by SkippyX

Howie has lost his dang mind asking for two first round picks. LOL. I get that is how it goes but if that is truly what they trying to get then it aint happening. Unless Nagy is truly that dumb... and he might be.

If this is a shot at Howie Roseman I'd take a look at what he did in 2017 to win a title and get them close again in 2018.

So many things went wrong in that Saints game that resulted in the loss but none of them were on the GM.

2019 they made the playoffs again with bottom of the roster . practice squad dudes.

2020 nobody wins with those injuries.

I hate the JJAW and Raegor picks so far but its not like Howie is destroying some great franchise.

Doug needed help with some basic competence issues (like 3rd and short and game planning)

He could have agreed to the changes and he wa also allowed to just quit / get fired.

None of this makes Howie a monster.

If its Lurie, he turned a joke franchise into a contender that has been to the playoffs 15 times in about 26 years.

• This after 8 times in the 35 years before him.
  • 6 NFCCGs compared to 1 in franchise history before him.

41 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I know of 2 bad stories and some general scuttlebutt

Bad Stories

1- Alshon Jeffrey is a whiny prima donna who wanted the ball more so he cried about Wentz.

Unnamed Eagles Sources = Big Mouth Jeffrey

2 - Some scumbag ex-Cowboy who was an Eagle for like 10 days cried about Wentz.

• Unamed Eagles sources = The shambling corpse of Orlando Scandrick

Josina "Go Cowboys!" Anderson told these stories with glee.

Scuttlebutt

There was a bit of an immaturity thing when he was very young (he was not an instant Brady type leader from go)

• That was made worse by the fact that Foles is that kind of leader

He's been accused of Hero Ball in general but with the slop he has played with the last 2 years its easy to see why.

• No NFL GM expects to win with what the 2020 Eagles put on the field and Wentz did win and make the playoffs anyway in 2019.
  • NOTE: The last time the Eagles had anywhere near that many injuries was 2012 and Andy Reid put up a  4-12 record

Not a thing:

He made a few bad reads late in 2018 games that led to him being 5-6 instead of 7-4, but those were in his first 35 career starts or so, QBs grow as they play.

If there is anything else, I have not heard it.

Seems to be one story every year complaining about Wentz and his attitude. Not everyone is making things up. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Seems to be one story every year complaining about Wentz and his attitude. Not everyone is making things up. 

Not one person man enough to put their name on it and Jeffrey was there the whole time since 2017.

I'm not saying the stories can't be true (and from various guys). I just have no reason to believe them.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Not one person man enough to put their name on it and Jeffrey was there the whole time since 2017.

I'm not saying the stories can't be true (and from various guys). I just have no reason to believe them.

Multiple reporters have wrote stories about it. 

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Read somewhere that Bears are forerunners with Foles being part of the trade...

The strange thing there is that all the 'Foles guys' coaches are gone now with Doug leaving.

The system could even be different (or similar with Sirianni being a Reich guy?)

Reich was on the Eagles staff but he was also in some other systems as a coach.

So Howie and Lurie would definitely welcome Foles back but I'm not sure if the coaches want him.

Wentz in Indy or SF would absolutely kill it IMO. Would easily be paired with the smartest play caller he's ever had. Doug was/is the equivalent of Coach Klein from the Waterboy,  without his playbook. 

As for Howie asking for two 1st, that's Negotiating 101. Start high, so when you settle for a 1st + type package you appeared to concede. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Don't think he could handle Shanny, tbh

Shanny would be perfect. All his issues stem from him being treated like a God. He needs a coach who will put him in his place from time to time and that system would fit him perfectly. I honestly see him coming back to form in SF. In Chicago he will likely wilt and flounder imo. 

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Shanny would be perfect. All his issues stem from him being treated like a God. He needs a coach who will put him in his place from time to time and that system would fit him perfectly. I honestly see him coming back to form in SF. In Chicago he will likely wilt and flounder imo. 

I wouldn't trust Wentz to not just be a big baby. 

I'd be super shocked if we are in on him given we were hardly in on Stafford. 

I like his talent, don't like his head. I definitely wouldn't give up a first to rehabilitate him, so if we are in on him, hopeful that it's not at that price point