Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wentz in Indy or SF would absolutely kill it IMO. Would easily be paired with the smartest play caller he's ever had. Doug was/is the equivalent of Coach Klein from the Waterboy,  without his playbook. 

As for Howie asking for two 1st, that's Negotiating 101. Start high, so when you settle for a 1st + type package you appeared to concede. 

That's why I always put 120k + stock options + unlimited PTO on my job applications dam well knowing I will settle for 70k + 2 weeks vacation.

Gotta make the employer feel like they got a steal.

I'm still unemployed.

• Like 1

The only way I can see him moved is if its a Goff/Osweiler deal ... Eagles are in cap hell and will need to give up picks just so the other team agrees to absorb the full contract.

Extremely interested to see what deal gets made.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

The only way I can see him moved is if its a Goff/Osweiler deal ... Eagles are in cap hell and will need to give up picks just so the other team agrees to absorb the full contract.

I think Goff had positive value. This definitely isn't an osweiler situation from the scuttle. Don't think the eagles are giving up anything to get rid of him

27 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Huh? All the reports are that teams are making "aggressive" trade offers. No one would be reporting this as some blockbuster if it was a salary dump with the Eagles tacking on draft picks. Teams clearly value Wentz and it seems like they will get at least a 2nd for him. 

45 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I only see this if they get like a 1st and 3rd and they give up there 2nd round pick. 

How Howie Roseman has a job if they do trade Wentz is nothing short of baffling. You would think that the GMs job is tied to the franchise QB, considering the GM gave up this to get him:

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

But then again, this is the same GM that drafted a QB in the 2nd round, when there are a million other holes on the team.  Oh, also the same GM that picked the HC that was then fired in 4 years.  And the same GM that also hired another stretch HC, so that he can control everything around him, and who can barely muddle his way through his opening press conference.  

Promising times ahead in Philadelphia. 

Edited by BLick12
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

As for Howie asking for two 1st, that's Negotiating 101. Start high, so when you settle for a 1st + type package you appeared to concede. 

I mean, yeah, but if I’m in the market for a new car and I see an ad for a 1995 Camry for $100k, I’m probably just going to go my merry way. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, yeah, but if I’m in the market for a new car and I see an ad for a 1995 Camry for $100k, I’m probably just going to go my merry way. 

Pretty sure Drew Brees is retiring.

The overreaction to the 💩 show that was the entire 2020 Philadelphia Eagles (not just Carson Wentz) is borderline comical these days. He's 27, has shown the potential of a being League MVP in the past and had 1 singular Horrific Season. Yet this narrative there is absolutely nothing to work with as a QB, persist. 

Make him a Colt and it could get scary with that OL and HC. People can pretend otherwise all they want to their fit agendas.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The overreaction to the 💩 show that was the entire 2020 Philadelphia Eagles (not just Carson Wentz) is borderline comical these days. He's 27, has shown the potential of a being League MVP in the past and had 1 singular Horrific Season. Yet this narrative there is absolutely nothing to work with as a QB, persist. 

Make him a Colt and it could get scary with that OL and HC. People can pretend otherwise all they want to their fit agendas.

He had Fulgum as his number one who didn't even make the Packers roster lol. But that's also on Howie

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

He had Fulgum as his number one who didn't even make the Packers roster lol. But that's also on Howie

I mean, he was just bad too, independent of the team around him. Some of the picks and plays were just atrocious and fully on him. 

But I'm far more bullish coming back to being a good qb outside of Philly. He had no hope staying with the eagles imo. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

🤫🤫🤫 We don't talk about the future HOF WR who came out of nowhere. Thrived as a Top 5 WR in the NFL for a month -With Wentz- before they force fed Alshon Jeffrey and his rediculously large salary that Howie negotiated into the line up. 🤫🤫🤫

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

How Howie Roseman has a job if they do trade Wentz is nothing short of baffling. You would think that the GMs job is tied to the franchise QB, considering the GM gave up this to get him:

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

But then again, this is the same GM that drafted a QB in the 2nd round, when there are a million other holes on the team.  Oh, also the same GM that picked the HC that was then fired in 4 years.  And the same GM that also hired another stretch HC, so that he can control everything around him, and who can barely muddle his way through his opening press conference.  

Promising times ahead in Philadelphia. 

Not to mention the coach was allegedly fired in part for no longer believing in Wentz.

Edited by EvilenFroggen
48 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Turning on the guys who finally got Philly that Super Bowl win this fast is astonishing 

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

why are the bears doing this?

Because Pace and nagy have no choice and they are going to burn it down to try and save themselves. 

Always risky when you have guys like that teetering between fire or keep and you keep them.