Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

22 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5194343

*mutters under breath* just orchestrating a blockbuster to rock the very foundation of the NFL. Maybe you should give it a try yourself some time, Khan. Like sheesh.

Huh what? Oh, that there trade? It was @Uncle Buck's idea. He said something about Trevor Lawrence being the next Kurt Cousins.

Alright, this is just an example of Nudie being a troublemaker.

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

At least Bradford was coming off a somewhat successful season for the Eagles. Wentz was a walking dumpster fire.

Bradford actually played VERY well for the Vikings in his first season.  Once the injury bug reared it's ugly head (as it always did with Bradford), things went downhill. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand the vitriol on here for Wentz? Maybe it’s because I’m a WFT fan and he’s pretty much always cooked us but save for this past season he’s always been pretty good. 

Because he was awful this season and carries a massive cap hit. Both are pretty big issues I'd say...

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

At least Bradford was coming off a somewhat successful season for the Eagles. Wentz was a walking dumpster fire.

Wow, you really need to take a look at the careers of both guys St Louis vs Philly.

Bradford was grade C garbage who had occasional good games.

• Wentz was an MVP for 3+ months.
  • He was a miracle man in 2019
  • He was better than Bradford ever was at 5-6 and 100+ rating in 2018

Bradford eventually kinda did not suck in Minnesota after his 2 trades and that mostly based on the last 2 games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Because he was awful this season and carries a massive cap hit. Both are pretty big issues I'd say...

You can fairly destroy him for having a 17-0 lead in week 1 and losing. He lost the game by himself when they could have kneeled 3 times and punted the rest of the game and probably still won.

That's not how the rest of the season went. He made some bad hero ball plays but he was running for his life.

Their best case scenario was winning 2 more games, losing by 20 to Tampa, and picking 17 instead of 6.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

He didn’t play well this year but he’s 28. You can’t discount his body of work over one bad season. He’s a fairly good QB when healthy. I can’t believe the eagles are actually getting rid of him but I’m happy he’ll be out of the division. 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He didn’t play well this year but he’s 28. You can’t discount his body of work over one bad season. He’s a fairly good QB when healthy. I can’t believe the eagles are actually getting rid of him but I’m happy he’ll be out of the division. 

Carson was 100% healthy last year he just sucked.

45 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You can fairly destroy him for having a 17-0 lead in week 1 and losing. He lost the game by himself when they could have kneeled 3 times and punted the rest of the game and probably still won.

That's not how the rest of the season went. He made some bad hero ball plays but he was running for his life.

Their best case scenario was winning 2 more games, losing by 20 to Tampa, and picking 17 instead of 6.

He was terrible. This defense for 2020 makes no sense. He had awful mechanics, his accuracy was miserable, he never threw the ball on time, he tried to force throws that were clearly not there. He was legit awful. That doesn't mean he will be awful going forward... but he was awful this year. Hurts came in and looked better than Wentz and even he wasn't very impressive, but he was at least able to throw slants in rhythm and make quick decisions.

Just because the whole team was bad doesn't mean Carson wasn't also equally bad.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm not saying I disagree with you... but talk like this from NFCE rivals now is really rich lol. Past three years all we heard about was how he had regressed and how 2017 was a fluke... now we are trading him and we are happy he is out of the divison. Not saying this relates to you specifically but I have seen it numerous times.

• Like 1

I think there are far worse risks than trading for Wentz. It makes sense for the Bears if they can make the money work. Plenty of good/great QBs have bounced back from bad years. The injuries concern me the most about Wentz. Gonna be interesting if the NFCN has both Goff and Wentz starting next year. Would be kind of magical if both had bounce back years with new teams.