Eagles listening to Wentz trade offer

Xenos

37 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I'd see what Hurts can do next year. If he stinks the Eagles can always pick a QB in 2022.

I agree. Build around him as best you can and see what he can do. If it is a bust than you have options in 2022. They should collect picks, not give them away. Team has too many holes right now. 

As for Wentz? Yes he was MVP caliber 3 years ago but since then has not come close and then this year it was just atrocious. I hope he can turn it around. I really do but I have my doubts he will be back to MVP levels.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

A QB being good a few seasons ago doesn't move the needle for me to trade serious assets/commit financially for the next couple years to. He was healthy this year and clearly there's something very wrong with him. 

I never "bet" on a guy who's had a historical regression to just "snap out of it" and figure it out with the issues that seem to be plagueing him. Maybe he'll beat the odds, but I'm not trading legit assets and taking on that burden.

He had Travis Fulgulm a guy who never made the Packers or lions be his number one target, the line got old and injured. I'd take that chance he was the only pro bowl player Howie selected since 2013.

Everyone said the offense ran great with Hurts yet Wentz had a better Qbr. I thought he carried the depleted eagles in the San Fran game and was a big reason why the cinci game even ended it a tie played great 4th quarter.

He was jeckle and hyde a lot this season also let a comeback against Baltimore when the team was completely bartered by injuries and that guard was awful and got cut lol. I think it's Ironic it came out he killed some Doug plays and I'd assume that may have led to some of those comebacks.

I think their gm and offensive play calling was bad enough to definitely take a chance. Wentz never seemed like a guy who would go silent for so long and not say a word I think he's taking the high road and there's so much more to this story.

Even if it's a coinflip that's what first round QBs seem to be dating back to 06' they're actually worse that that none will be with their original teams come opening day from 2009-2016. That stat was staggering to me. If it's a coin flip it's worth it I think it's a worth while trade, but I think it's probably better than a coinflip he turns it around.

I just don't know if Chicago has enough on offense but I don't know their cap situation the draft and fa pool is deep at wr.

Edited by thebestever6

30 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

He had Travis Fulgulm a guy who never made the Packers or lions be his number one target, the line got old and injured. I'd take that chance he was the only pro bowl player Howie selected since 2013.

Everyone said the offense ran great with Hurts yet Wentz had a better Qbr. I thought he carried the depleted eagles in the San Fran game and was a big reason why the cinci game even ended it a tie played great 4th quarter.

He was jeckle and hyde a lot this season also let a comeback against Baltimore when the team was completely bartered by injuries and that guard was awful and got cut lol. I think it's Ironic it came out he killed some Doug plays and I'd assume that may have led to some of those comebacks.

I think their gm and offensive play calling was bad enough to definitely take a chance. Wentz never seemed like a guy who would go silent for so long and not say a word I think he's taking the high road and there's so much more to this story.

Even if it's a coinflip that's what first round QBs seem to be dating back to 06' they're actually worse that that none will be with their original teams come opening day from 2009-2016. That stat was staggering to me. If it's a coin flip it's worth it I think it's a worth while trade, but I think it's probably better than a coinflip he turns it around.

I just don't know if Chicago has enough on offense but I don't know their cap situation the draft and fa pool is deep at wr.

Im fully aware of the weapons he had this past year and the setup Philly had. 

Everythings a risk. Give me the one that doesn't have a large cap hit and coming off an awful season. 

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

A QB being good a few seasons ago doesn't move the needle for me to trade serious assets/commit financially for the next couple years to. He was healthy this year and clearly there's something very wrong with him. 

I never "bet" on a guy who's had a historical regression to just "snap out of it" and figure it out with the issues that seem to be plagueing him. Maybe he'll beat the odds, but I'm not trading legit assets and taking on that burden.

But you're not a GM, so who cares what you would do. You're making a big deal out of numbers that aren't that big of a deal. Especially not if you view Wentz as some GM's do.

His potential lies somewhere between worst starting QB and top 5. His contract from 22 and forward is the 17th or so highest for a QB per year, until Baker, Kyler, Allen and Lamar get extensions, at which point he'll be out of the top 20.

If a GM believes 2017 was closer to his true potential than 2021 was the salary is not an issue. If you are right, it's actually a good deal. If you believe 2021 was his true potential, you don't trade for him anyway. The deal breaker is asking price

12 minutes ago, T-rade said:

But you're not a GM, so who cares what you would do.

This is just terrible and really not a great way to interact with people on the forum. We are here mostly to talk football and give our opinions. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11682405

Guess we should all quit the discussion. It's all for not.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is just terrible and really not a great way to interact with people on the forum. We are here mostly to talk football and give our opinions. 

I may have gotten a little, unnecessarily aggressive in my phrasing there, sorry about that.

Looking back at the interaction I think we approached it from two different views. I was saying why a GM would do it, and @.Buzz why he thought that would be stupid, I guess I took that as why what I was saying was stupid.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Im fully aware of the weapons he had this past year and the setup Philly had. 

Everythings a risk. Give me the one that doesn't have a large cap hit and coming off an awful season. 

Look at his 16 game average from 2017 to- 19 pretty impressive the contract isn't bad at all if he regains form it's a steal tbh. 

I'm sorry but there's so many signs Philly is just dysfunctional.

Reich gets more credit for the superbowl than any assistant I ever seen look at patterns. Mike Groh Doug wants to keep the Eagles fire him the next day and look where he ended up hmmmm coincidence.

D Staley a huge bright spot for that organization the last 8 years big reason for Clement immerging for that superbowl run had 100 yards in that game receiving alone. His backs largely have produced. He turned down a promotion to OC and transfers to the exact same position with Detroit? oC assistant head coach? I'm sorry I buy it's more than Wentz wrong there. 

No risk no reward 

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Look at his 16 game average from 2017 to- 19 pretty impressive the contract isn't bad at all if he regains form it's a steal tbh. 

I'm sorry but there's so many signs Philly is just dysfunctional.

Reich gets more credit for the superbowl than any assistant I ever seen look at patterns. Mike Groh Doug wants to keep the Eagles fire him the next day and look where he ended up hmmmm coincidence.

D Staley a huge bright spot for that organization the last 8 years big reason for Clement immerging for that superbowl run had 100 yards in that game receiving alone. His backs largely have produced. He turned down a promotion to OC and transfers to the exact same position with Detroit? oC assistant head coach? I'm sorry I buy it's more than Wentz wrong there. 

No risk no reward 

I'm not disagreeing, Philly has issues. But so does Wentz. Watch the tape/games from him this past year. There's something really wrong with the mental side of his game. That's not an easy fix. I'm not trading legit assets, especially a 1st+, to take the burden of that contract and risk he brings after the season he just had.

25 minutes ago, T-rade said:

I may have gotten a little, unnecessarily aggressive in my phrasing there, sorry about that.

Looking back at the interaction I think we approached it from two different views. I was saying why a GM would do it, and @.Buzz why he thought that would be stupid, I guess I took that as why what I was saying was stupid.

Never would insult someone on here for having an opinion.

I just personally think it'd be a terrible move. I also don't think a GM doing it means it's "smart". Teams do dumb things all the time.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not trading legit assets, especially a 1st+, to take the burden of that contract and risk he brings after the season he just had.

I mean I think you're overeating late first round picks how many pick twenty players have and MVP season and the one seed, and how many have three legitimate top 11 qb seasons it's rare.

I did watch him play I don't think he trusted his line or receivers one bit. Ertz he had the best chemistry with regressed big time and was injured too. 

We saw a flash deep beautiful pass in the Bengals game that team got old or stole checks desean alshon

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I mean I think you're overeating late first round picks how many pick twenty players have and MVP season and the one seed, and how many have three legitimate top 11 qb seasons it's rare.

I did watch him play I don't think he trusted his line or receivers one bit. Ertz he had the best chemistry with regressed big time and was injured too. 

We saw a flash deep beautiful pass in the Bengals game that team got old or stole checks desean alshon

All picks are risk. But they also are cheap assets teams use to build a team over the long haul. Trading young cheap assets for overpriced players causes issues over time. Pace/Gase could care less, which is why it was a mistake to let them stick around and get a 3rd (4th?) shot at the QB position and potentially mortgage the future of the team to save themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-rade said:

If a GM believes 2017 was closer to his true potential than 2021 was the salary is not an issue. If you are right, it's actually a good deal. If you believe 2021 was his true potential, you don't trade for him anyway. The deal breaker is asking price

Is there anything to suggest that his 2017 year is sustainable?  His numbers besides that year have been of an average starting QB.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'm not disagreeing, Philly has issues. But so does Wentz. Watch the tape/games from him this past year. There's something really wrong with the mental side of his game. That's not an easy fix. I'm not trading legit assets, especially a 1st+, to take the burden of that contract and risk he brings after the season he just had.

Yeah I have to agree. Way too many games he looked completely lost. I will never forget that Dallas game where he literally stood and let the DB ram into him and strip the ball. He has sooooo much time to throw the ball away and just did not. Way too many of those moments. How do you begin to fix the basics?